PDA

View Full Version : Does your dog sleep on your bed at night?

ZackAbby
03-05-2005, 06:35 PM
We have two miniature schnauzers and they sleep on our bed at night. Any of you out there do the same with your dogs? I have one on either side of me and they cuddle in as close as they can get. We can hardly move and wake up with sore backs but how can we resist our sweet little babies who just want to sleep with mommy and daddy? I'd love to hear your stories!

Chica
03-05-2005, 06:45 PM
Yes, my little Chi sleeps with me under my covers every night! :)

LeahMM
03-05-2005, 06:56 PM
Yup, all four of them and sometimes the cat too.;)

sabies
03-05-2005, 07:46 PM
Sadie sleeps in bed with me. She wakes me up at least once a night so it would be healthier for me if she didn't - but like you said how could I resist!

*LabLoverKEB*
03-05-2005, 07:49 PM
Of course! How can I not let her sleep on my bed at night?!;)

Glacier
03-05-2005, 08:26 PM
Techinically no, but I always let a couple up before my husband comes to bed. He has to make them get down so he can fit in! Pacer almost always finds a way to sneak back in during the night. He's pretty good at getting up really slowly and quietly so no one hears him. He's also learned that I won't kick him back off so he often keeps my feet extra warm.

There is always at least four or five cats on the bed with us too.

chocolatepuppy
03-05-2005, 08:45 PM
Yes and the cats too! Let's put it this way, we need a bigger bed! :D

Oggyflute
03-05-2005, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by ZackAbby
We have two miniature schnauzers and they sleep on our bed at night. Any of you out there do the same with your dogs? I have one on either side of me and they cuddle in as close as they can get. We can hardly move and wake up with sore backs but how can we resist our sweet little babies who just want to sleep with mommy and daddy? I'd love to hear your stories!

We can sympathise! :D and we have got standards!, so not much room at all. Though usually it's just Flute on the bed as Oggy seems to prefer his sheep skin rug most of the time. In fact, it's seems to be more their bed than ours. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/oggyflute/100_4024.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/oggyflute/100_4025.jpg

Vette
03-05-2005, 09:10 PM
Nope. my dog sleeps in his crate at night.

Kfamr
03-05-2005, 09:19 PM
I have three dogs - all over 45 pounds (Largest being in the 60's) - When it's not too warm I invite all three up with me. A lot of the time it's just two or one.

jazzcat
03-05-2005, 09:19 PM
No, Disney sleeps in her own bed every night.

CountryWolf07
03-05-2005, 10:16 PM
Yes, Rosie does :)

caseysmom
03-05-2005, 10:41 PM
Yes casey sleep with us about half way through the night she will jump up on the bed, sometimes I put her up there at the beginning of the night.

Tollers-n-Dobes
03-05-2005, 10:55 PM
Tango does for short periods of time, she usually gets too hot and ends up on her own bed after a while. Tia sleeps in my moms bed and Echo doesn't like to sleep on beds.

GraciesMommy
03-05-2005, 11:31 PM
Gracie starts out on Brad's side and then once the TV goes off she snuggles next to me..if she had her way she would be between us but Brad won't let her..lol

wolf_Q
03-06-2005, 12:05 AM
Nebo is allowed to sleep on my bed at night...he usually jumps up there when I first go to bed but usually he jumps off sometime during the night. Occasionally he will sleep there the whole night, but only if it's cold in the house or he's too tired to jump off.

LuckiLab03
03-06-2005, 12:15 AM
I wish. Riley (and RB Brooke too) weren't even allowed upstairs. I snuck Brooke upstairs once in a while when she got older and when Riley was a few months old I let her lay on my bed when daddy wasn't home :p , but she's really too energetic and she'd get into everything upstairs. She doesn't have the patience to stay still since she's a lab pup so if she were to sleep in my bed I'd have to strap her down so I know she wouldn't go looking for trouble up here. Haha :)

scraps
03-06-2005, 04:05 AM
sassy is my little baby, and she has to be right next to me at night. if i move she will slide over

stacwase
03-06-2005, 06:53 AM
Being able to let Aspen up in bed with me is one of the best things about getting divorced. My husband would never have allowed it.

Kevin Farmer
03-06-2005, 05:49 PM
Oh yea, 90 Lb Maximus does, wife sleeps on couch lots of nights because she cant get in.

scraps
03-06-2005, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Kevin Farmer
Oh yea, 90 Lb Maximus does, wife sleeps on couch lots of nights because she cant get in. lol if i fall asleep on the couch sassy follows suit and naps also.

lizbud
03-06-2005, 06:07 PM
Smokey loves to sleep on the bed, but Maggie doesn't. She
sleeps anywhere she wants to, but usually on the couch in the
living room. She will however always get up on the bed in the
morning if she thinks I'm sleeping too long.:D

shutterbug0303
03-06-2005, 06:30 PM
Chloe sleeps with me on "her side" of the bed. It is too cold for the shorter-furred pups to be in my bedroom (no heat/air/insulation), so Sahara sleeps with my mom (110 lbs) and snuggles right up next to her and puts her head on her stomach/chest. Venus will stay on the bed with my mom is Sahara hasn't taken up the whole other side...otherwise, she is on the couch.

Sometimes, I'll bring Sahara into my room and cover her up with some blankets and she'll assume the position with me, while poor Chloe has to hang off her side b/c of Sahara...that is a total of 125 pounds of pup on my bed :D

ZackAbby
03-06-2005, 07:23 PM
hahahahahaha!!! This is hilarious! So from now on when I have my total of about 40 pounds of dog on our bed I'm going to think about all of you with all your big dogs snuggled up against you! Thanks for writing, everyone! :D

sammy101
03-06-2005, 10:23 PM
Kodie(90lbs) sleeps with me!He LOVES to cuddle with me.he's glued to me most of the night,especially when its cold in my room:rolleyes: lol.Lucy sleeps downstairs with my parents on her own bed:)

PJ's Mom
03-06-2005, 10:34 PM
Nooooooo! We let Bailey sleep on the bed when we first got her, but she insists on sleeping sideways and even on a king sized bed that doesn't leave room for two people. :rolleyes:

Peej has never slept with us. he prefers his own bed. :)

pitc9
03-07-2005, 08:25 AM
Now that my husband is working out of town, when I go to sleep, both are in bed with me. Buddy (90 lbs)resting his head on my husbands pillow, and Sierra (60 lbs) curled up at my feet.

But when my hubby comes home, Buddy will not sleep in the bed anymore. He takes up Waaaaaay to much room!

2crazypuppies4me
03-07-2005, 09:01 AM
Of course :) where else are they suppose to sleep :p

buckner
03-07-2005, 09:09 AM
Daisy's allowed to sleep and be whereever she wants. She's a dog... dogs do what they want. Especially stubborn dogs. :p She rarely ever falls asleep in my bed, but most weekends I wake up with her on my pillows and me shoved to the bottom of the bed. Most weekdays she sleeps downstairs on her pillowbed (a dog bed and a bunch of pillows/blankets) next to the couch where my dad sleeps. If my dad sleeps in the bed upstairs, so does she. Hehe, again... she sleeps whereever she pleases and will get her way.

jennifert9
03-07-2005, 09:21 AM
Before I moved in with my boyfriend, Duncan slept in bed with me every night. I had a full size bed and once I turned the bedroom light off, Duncan would hop up on the bed and curl up next to me with his head on the pillows. We spooned for most of the night or at least until I fell asleep. He always had to be on the side closest to the nightstand though so I couldn't reach the alarm clock or lamp but he slept facing the door so no one could "get" me.
Now that I live with Collin, we have a queen size bed but we don't all fit very well. I'm usually stuck in the middle of my 6' 2" boyfriend and my 100 lb dog! I have to sleep on my side so I take up the least amount of space and the two "boys" are spread out and comfortable! Collin really doesn't like the dog in the bed and more than once we have argued about it and Collin has slept on the couch. :p
Luckily though, Collin works nights so 5 nights a week, I go to bed and it's just Duncan and myself and we spoon like the old days until "Daddy" gets home. When Collin gets home, Duncan first tries to bite him for coming in the room while I'm sleeping, ;) then once he realizes who it is, he usually gets on the floor for the rest of the night.

IRescue452
03-07-2005, 09:46 PM
Autumn sleeps under the covers next to me unless she is hot and sleeps by the door. Sonny plops himself down in the middle of the bed and I have to move around him. Pepper is too old to make it to the bed but she prefers her blanket on the floor anyway. Requiem could stay there all night if I wasn't afraid of losing her in the covers. Depot needs water to breath, lol. Moku would pee all over the bed, he stays in his cage. So two out of five sleep in the bed.

Oggyflute
03-07-2005, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by jennifert9
Before I moved in with my boyfriend, Duncan slept in bed with me every night. I had a full size bed and once I turned the bedroom light off, Duncan would hop up on the bed and curl up next to me with his head on the pillows. We spooned for most of the night or at least until I fell asleep. He always had to be on the side closest to the nightstand though so I couldn't reach the alarm clock or lamp but he slept facing the door so no one could "get" me.
Now that I live with Collin, we have a queen size bed but we don't all fit very well. I'm usually stuck in the middle of my 6' 2" boyfriend and my 100 lb dog! I have to sleep on my side so I take up the least amount of space and the two "boys" are spread out and comfortable! Collin really doesn't like the dog in the bed and more than once we have argued about it and Collin has slept on the couch. :p
Luckily though, Collin works nights so 5 nights a week, I go to bed and it's just Duncan and myself and we spoon like the old days until "Daddy" gets home. When Collin gets home, Duncan first tries to bite him for coming in the room while I'm sleeping, ;) then once he realizes who it is, he usually gets on the floor for the rest of the night.

I think that Collin has got to realise, that Duncan has got first dibs on the bed.:D

cubby31682
03-08-2005, 04:59 AM
Some times. It will be stopping this week though. Gracie lays right on my spine and now I have a lot of back pain every day from her.

Smilla
03-08-2005, 01:34 PM
Lefty is allowed up for cuddling and also while we read, but he has to go back to his "woobie" (his bed) when it's time for us to turn out the light. He begins to think rather highly of himself if we don't set limitations for him. ;)

Buddy Blaze Lover
03-08-2005, 02:41 PM
I wish!!:rolleyes: Blaze won't lay still sleeping with me...every time I shift, he gets all excited and changes positions 'til he decides he won't be squished any more, lol!:D So he doesn't sleep with me unfortunately...he has his own bed though.;)

BitsyNaceyDog
03-08-2005, 04:13 PM
Bitsy sleeps in our bed, but the other 4 sleep in the living room.