PDA

View Full Version : Sophia's down to four again....

QueenScoopalot
03-05-2005, 03:54 PM
The last born kitten that was born 12+ hours after the rest, was shoved out of the nest by Sophia. I tried in vain to warm the baby up (I had just checked on them an hour before), but the baby died. :( So she's back to the original four, and highly protective of them, so picture taking is not easy at all! :eek: When she chills out in a few days, I'll try again. The Rainbow Bridge has a new tiny black angel today. :(

Soapets
03-05-2005, 04:02 PM
Ohhh, that's so sad about the little baby kitten!:( It sounds like she's taking good care of the remaining four, though, isn't she? Play hard at the Rainbow Bridge, little one!

jenluckenbach
03-05-2005, 04:34 PM
So sad to lose such a little one. :(

moosmom
03-05-2005, 05:01 PM
Jan,

I'm so sorry Sophie had to lose one of her babies. You did your best, as always. God had a purpose for that precious little black baby.

Godspeed to the Rainbow Bridge little one. :(

catnapper
03-05-2005, 05:10 PM
That is so sad. I don't know how I'd react to finding a RB kitten. So much life to be lost so soon. :( Have fun at the bridge tiny one!

MULTICATMOM
03-05-2005, 05:54 PM
SEEMS TO GIVING YOU HEARTACHE:( :(

QueenScoopalot
03-05-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Soapets
Ohhh, that's so sad about the little baby kitten!:( It sounds like she's taking good care of the remaining four, though, isn't she? Play hard at the Rainbow Bridge, little one!
Sophia is doing very well with the other four babies. They are getting plump & fat! I'd love to know how it is that a mother can know one isn't going to survive, and push them away like that. Spooky! :eek: I wonder too if the delay in having the last kitten contributed to his death. :confused: :( The baby seemed vigorous, and was nursing, but Sophia knew more than I did it seems.

trayi52
03-05-2005, 06:33 PM
Sorry you lost one of your tiny babies, Jan. Hopefully you won't loose anymoore.

Willie

rg_girlca
03-05-2005, 07:51 PM
Oh Jan, I am so sorry for the loss of the little one.
It is spooky how the animal mama's know when something is not right with their newborns.

R.I.P. little one.

catmandu
03-05-2005, 09:17 PM
The Good Lord,will take taht Tiny Black Kitten,and let her,grow,to be An Eternal Kitten angel,and she will have a Great Life,with The Pet Angels,to make,up for the life,that she didnt receive,on Earth.

PJSZOO
03-05-2005, 09:20 PM
I'm so sorry one of your precious babies went to the rainbow bridge. I am keeping Sophia, her babies, and you in my prayers.

catcrazylady
03-06-2005, 07:31 AM
I'm so sorry Jan. I know that must have been heartbreaking to find.:(
Momma kitties are amazing and I'm sure something was probably wrong with the little one. Poor thing.

RIP little baby.

jazzcat
03-06-2005, 12:10 PM
I'm sorry. How sad.:(

K & L
03-06-2005, 08:06 PM
Poor baby! You did all you could so at least it's at peace.