PDA

View Full Version : First drawing in prismacolors

slleipnir
03-05-2005, 03:41 PM
I drew this picture a while ago, and wanted to see how these prismacolor pencils work.

Please keep in mind, I've NEVER used coloring pencils before for any of my art. I barely even draw on paper (except when I was a kid. I use to draw and color in coloring books obviously)

So yeah, that is why it's not that great of coloring. The wolf thingie is suppose to be like a demon which is why he is um...blue and has fire coming out of his neck...doesn't make sense at ALL!! -___-

http://www.tainted-sky.net/draw/prismacolor.jpg
I don't have white or black either for extra shading

bluekat
03-05-2005, 07:03 PM
Looks great!:)

I have Prismacolors too. They're the best!:D I love them.

catnapper
03-05-2005, 07:13 PM
To tell the truth, I never use black, unless I am drawing a black cat or something. I always use other colors because in nature, shadows are never truly black. Have fun and experiment with color. For example, in a red shadow, lightly layer on a dark evergreen - it'll create a richer depth than black ever would. :)

Do you know anything about color theory, how about color wheels? I can look up some links to help you. Once you have a really solid understanding of what colors are compliments of each other, your shadows will pop more than ever before.

That drawing s off to a very nice start! You'll find that Prismacolors are awesome to work with! You'll also find the technique that works for you. I have two that I use -- very heavy handed in areas, and a lot of slow layering in other areas. Also, experiment using dark paper... Proismacolors are awesome on dark or colored paper!

Chica
03-05-2005, 07:23 PM
THAT'S PRETTY GOOD!!;)

slleipnir
03-05-2005, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
To tell the truth, I never use black, unless I am drawing a black cat or something. I always use other colors because in nature, shadows are never truly black. Have fun and experiment with color. For example, in a red shadow, lightly layer on a dark evergreen - it'll create a richer depth than black ever would. :)

Do you know anything about color theory, how about color wheels? I can look up some links to help you. Once you have a really solid understanding of what colors are compliments of each other, your shadows will pop more than ever before.

That drawing s off to a very nice start! You'll find that Prismacolors are awesome to work with! You'll also find the technique that works for you. I have two that I use -- very heavy handed in areas, and a lot of slow layering in other areas. Also, experiment using dark paper... Proismacolors are awesome on dark or colored paper!

Thanks, I really don't know a whole lot about color theory other then basics. I've pretty much been doing stuff on the computer so it doesn't really work the same. I'd love to see those links. It seems kinda complicated lol. Coloring it on the computer is sooooooo much easier XD