PDA

View Full Version : We just had puppies!!! Boxer puppies

Fox-Gal
03-05-2005, 03:23 PM
I thought long and hard before I even say anything here about the puppies, but decided I would share after all. Before I get to the pictures, I have to say this.

We did not plan or want puppies! Cannilla has never been fixed because of her cancer, the Vet thought she would not survive it.
We have had no problems keeping her out of harms way, for years, when she has gone into heat. We thought we did our best this time, but I'm afraid we failed. I have judged myself hard enough, for this happening, cried over it, and worried myself sick over how she would handle it, with her cancer. So please no comments on how could we, why didn't we get her fixed, etc etc. Thank you.

Lets just enjoy the puppies, be thankful that Cannilla did fine and so far the puppies seem healthy. I am bottle feeding them just to be safe, because of Cannilla's cancer.

She only had 2 puppies. So on to the pictures. :D

Cannilla and puppies
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/Trouble-friends/DSCF0037.jpg

The two sleeping
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/Trouble-friends/DSCF0043.jpg

The pink noes. :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/Trouble-friends/DSCF0041.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/Trouble-friends/DSCF0046.jpg

luvofallhorses
03-05-2005, 03:25 PM
Aww what cuties :D COngrats:D Make sure you spay and neuter the pups and the mommy :) after she is done lactating would be best to spay her:)

vinjashira
03-05-2005, 03:25 PM
I am happy for you! Are you going to keep them?

senorita02
03-05-2005, 03:26 PM
Oh they are too cute!

DogLover9501
03-05-2005, 03:28 PM
Oh Libby, they are beautiful!

I can only imagine how terrible you felt and how worried you must have been when this happened, I'm so glad the puppies are healthy and I am not judging you at all.

You're being very careful with their health, and that's the most important thing. And now there are two little parts of Nilla that will be around for a long time.

Girl, I hope you are keeping atleast one!!!! ;)

What are they(sex-wise)?

Originally posted by luvofallhorses
after she is done lactating would be best to spay her:)

I don't think she can spay Nilla because of her cancer & age, correct me if I'm wrong.

Fox-Gal
03-05-2005, 03:29 PM
Make sure you spay and neuter the pups and the mommy :)

Like I said she can't be fixed, because of her cancer.......It could kill her!! The reason we had the "OPPS" babies.

I am happy for you! Are you going to keep them?

If they make it, I belive we will keep them. Maybe give one to my Father, who lost his Boxer a few years ago.

animal_rescue
03-05-2005, 03:36 PM
aww how cute!
How old are they? What are they? Have you named them yet?
So cute I hope and pray they make it!:D

sammy101
03-05-2005, 03:38 PM
gorgeous puppies!Congrats!!Are they going to get they're tails docked and their ears clipped?

stacwase
03-05-2005, 03:40 PM
They're precious!

How old is mama dog? Is the daddy a boxer? What kind of cancer does she have, which makes it so she can't nurse them?

She looks happy. The pups are adorable. I know it was an accident, but congratulations anyways!

lizbud
03-05-2005, 03:43 PM
The puppies are so cute. I love the Boxer breed.:) My brother
used to have a beautiful, fawn female named Lady. She was
as strong as an ox & such a sweet natured dog.:)

Who's the daddy of these babies?

PJ's Mom
03-05-2005, 04:00 PM
Puppy breath!!!! :D

I want a puppy. :(

Maybe someday. :)

Fox-Gal
03-05-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by DogLover9501
What are they(sex-wise)?

I got so involved in everything else, I forgot to check. :o

Checked it out and it looks like we have one boy and one girl.

flamepony12
03-05-2005, 04:11 PM
-dies- they are so cute! :D nothing cuter than a puppy. :D

Fox-Gal
03-05-2005, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by stacwase
They're precious!

How old is mama dog? Is the daddy a boxer? What kind of cancer does she have, which makes it so she can't nurse them?

She looks happy. The pups are adorable. I know it was an accident, but congratulations anyways!

Mama, is 7, we think. Yes daddy is a Boxer too. Her cancer doesn't keep her from nursing, she doing a good job on that. I just decided I should add to the feedings with bottle mike, just in case, becasue of her health there might be something lacking in her. I figure better safe then sorry.

Who's the daddy of these babies?
Tuffy is the daddy. So the are 100% Boxer

Are they going to get they're tails docked and their ears clipped?
Just the tails. I did Tuffy's ear years ago and I said I would never do that again to a dog. If my husband has his way, he will want the ears done. He say's a Boxer, just isn't a Boxer without the ears croped..........So there might be a fight coming in our near furture.

How old are they? What are they? Have you named them yet?
They are not even a day old, she had them early early this morning. No names yet, I will wait and see about names after I feel it out.

chocolatepuppy
03-05-2005, 04:21 PM
Aww...the pups are adorable! :)

dukedogsmom
03-05-2005, 04:21 PM
They are so cute. I want one! Now you HAVE to have me for a visit. Looks like Camilla is a good mommy.

Fox-Gal
03-05-2005, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
They are so cute. I want one! Now you HAVE to have me for a visit. Looks like Camilla is a good mommy.

For you, I might part with one. I know it would be one happy spoiled dog, with you. But notice, I said might..............If I don't keep them both. :D :D ;) lol

Yes, you will have to come now.........The puppy breath is calling you over. ;)

Right now, I'm just worried if they will even make it. Even though, her cancer should not pass on to the puppies, the vet says he still can't say for sure, how well the puppies will make it. But we will do everything in our power to make sure they do. Cannilla is doing a great job at caring for them. She an amazing mom.

jazzcat
03-05-2005, 04:54 PM
Awww, they are so cute. I wish them the best.

Poor Cannilla, she's being a good momma.

ChrisH
03-05-2005, 05:17 PM
Aww, Libby, they are so sweet. :D

Sending hugs for mommy Cannilla, and for you too.

Chris

RobiLee
03-05-2005, 05:22 PM
Congrats to you and the new mommy! My goodness what little cuties! I hope you will share lots of pics of them as they grow. I am sooo looking forward to that. Love, love, love puppies. :p

Wishing good health and happiness to Cannilla and the new babies!

Robin :)

GraciesMommy
03-05-2005, 05:24 PM
They are absolutely beautiful! I hope mom and babies thrive thru out this and maybe this is just what your girl needed to give her the extra boost to fight the cancer, who know! Maybe divine intervention!

PS I am glad you decided to post! congrats!

Vette
03-05-2005, 05:57 PM
Any idea on who the dad dog is?
sure are cute puppies!

are you going to keep one or both of the pups?

lute
03-05-2005, 06:11 PM
so cute! are the pups pruebred?

Tollers-n-Dobes
03-05-2005, 06:17 PM
I LOVE Boxers:D:D They're adorable! Tuffy and Nilla are both gorgeous dogs, I'm, sure the puppies will be just as beautiful also:)

Fox-Gal
03-05-2005, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by lute
so cute! are the pups pruebred?

Yes they are purebreads, both Cannilla and aTuffy are papered, boxers.

trayi52
03-05-2005, 06:29 PM
Those are such adorable little puppies! I am so glad you did post their pictures!

Willie:)

Corinna
03-05-2005, 07:07 PM
man i wish I lived closer I'd take one. But to far and I promised no more till we lose one. They are so cute.

luvofallhorses
03-05-2005, 07:10 PM
Like I said she can't be fixed, because of her cancer.......It could kill her!! The reason we had the "OPPS" babies.

Oh sorry I didn't know that:o poor girl :( The babies are adorable though! :D

KYS
03-05-2005, 07:22 PM
I am so relieved/happy that mom and the puppies are doing well.

Soapets
03-05-2005, 07:48 PM
I bet they're not an "accident" in God's eyes!:) I think He sent them to you for a reason. ENJOY them!!:)

FizzGiggs_Mommy
03-05-2005, 09:06 PM
I don't mean to sound mean but why is your male not fixed?

Fox-Gal
03-05-2005, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by FizzGiggs_Mommy
I don't mean to sound mean but why is your male not fixed?

Not being mean, It is a fair question.

Tuffy, Like Cannilla has a health issues also. We had taken Tuffy in to get him fixed, when the Vet reminded up, that like some Boxers, Tuffy has a heart condition. It's been so long now that I even forgot what it is, something like PDA, but not that. Even thought the vet was willing to do it, we choose not to put him under.

We believed it would never be a problem as all our other dogs had been fixed. Then Cannilla came into our life. She had some other heath problems when we got her, wipworms, huge weight lost from the neglect of her last owners and also a injured leg.

After healing all her other problems and believing we could soon get her fixed, over night almost, she stopped walking. We toke her to the Vet ASAP. After some blood work done, we found out she had cancer. At that point getting her fixed was not an option, EVER.

So that brings us to where we are stuck now, 2 unfixed dogs, both with health issues. What where we to do but make the best of it and do everything we can to keep the 2 of them separate, when Cannilla goes into heat. It's not like we where going to give one up at this point. Cannilla had already had one horrible owner and was now learning to trust us, so we where not going to give her up for any reason, Plus we love them. So for the last 3 years we have keep them apart, with no problems.......Till now.

We still have no idea on how they got together, this time, we separated them from the first sign of heat, just as normal. Never dreamed that we failed, till one day we looked at Cannilla and said, I think she is pregnant. :eek: :eek: :eek: We still are racking our brains to figure out when this happened, for 2 weeks we keep them seperate, till all signs of her heat was over and till Tuffy showed no interests in her. Some where we went wrong.

Oggyflute
03-05-2005, 10:30 PM
Dogs will always constantly amaze me with there smarts. :) The pupies are absolutely adorable. Carole has been working on me for another pup, I've been resisting, but I think it's a battle I'm destined to loose.:D
Hope you win the fight over the cropped ears.:D

Kfamr
03-05-2005, 10:39 PM
Libby, they are just so precious.
I want one too!!!! :p
And i've got to see them, and the rest of your Zoo-crew!

I'm glad they are doing well, as well as that sweet Cannilla.
Please never feel scared to post anything here. Anyone who judges you really does not know you. I know having met you that you are a wonderful lady. Which, btw, you're more than welcome to come over this way again! (Amy and Nebo are flying down at the end of this month - we're having a "meeting" in the beginning of April for Kiara's 1st birthday. ;) )

{{HUGS}} to you Libby, to those sweet puppies, Cannilla, and the rest of the zoo crew!

shais_mom
03-05-2005, 10:50 PM
CUTTTEE puppies!!!
I hope they and Canilla stay healthy.
Don't beat yourself up - you did the best you could!! I feel better that it is someone like you who tried all other options to keep them apart. And it isn't like you do it all the time!!

Fox-Gal
03-05-2005, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by shais_mom
Don't beat yourself up - you did the best you could!! I feel better that it is someone like you who tried all other options to keep them apart. And it isn't like you do it all the time!!

Thank you.

Thanks to everyone, my own guilt almost keep me from posting for fear of everyone judging me as bad as I have judged myself. Thank you for not. I'm gald I did post, as you all have been kinder to me then I have been to myself. I needed that right about now.

And i've got to see them, and the rest of your Zoo-crew!

We need to set something up one day, where maybe you and Val can make it over. I would like that.

I know having met you that you are a wonderful lady.
Also Kay, thank you for your kind words. That means alot.

Yes I would love to come back over again. I have yet to meet Kiara and looking forward to when I can. Soon I hope our timing will be right, that I can come back over.

GraciesMommy
03-05-2005, 11:28 PM
IMO anyone who has one negative thing to say is a loser...there is nothing negative to say...nature happens...you have beautiful babies..and I think its a blessing!

Karen
03-05-2005, 11:30 PM
Well, bless you and Cannilla. They are adorable pups, and we know they will find good homes. I hope somehow this help Cannilla in her battle with cancer. She's a love, and looks like a good mom. Sweeeeeeeettttttt puppy breath!

green_chameleon_girl
03-06-2005, 12:08 AM
AAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!;) :D

Corinna
03-06-2005, 01:39 AM
I hate to ask it but could they cause an increase in her cancer? I hope not she sure looks like a happy mom.

Giselle
03-06-2005, 03:46 AM
Congrats! I hope the puppies make it.

You know, it'd be a good thing to ask the vet whether or not Mom and Pop's health problems are hereditary. Even if they are and there's nothing you can do about it, it's nice to plan ahead for any roadblocks. I know it's a tough reality to face, but that's what I would do because it sounds like Mom and Pop are reaaaaally sick and their conditions could be hereditary. Is it a heart murmur? I think vets can detect heart murmurs in young puppies.

Maybe next time you can use potty pants for Nilla, LOL. I think that might work ;)

delidog
03-06-2005, 05:50 AM
"Don't beat yourself up - you did the best you could!! I feel better that it is someone like you who tried all other options to keep them apart. And it isn't like you do it all the time!!"

I agree with Corinnas' Quote...She said it Best!!

Congratulations,Libby!!!

They are Adorable!!!!

Keep us posted on how they and Sweet Nilla is doing!!!!

And a few more pics could Never hurt any of us!!!
;)

Oh all that Puppy Breath!!!!
They are Beautiful!!!!

Nilla and Tuffy should be Very Proud Parents!!!!:)

anna_66
03-06-2005, 07:31 AM
Oh Libby they are absolutely precious!

I hope mom and puppies both do well. I look forward to seeing them grow up:)

clara4457
03-06-2005, 08:04 AM
Just a thought and it might not be an option, but there is a new spay/neuter medication that is just coming on the market. Apparently it renders the dog sterile without any surgery. I don't know if that is an option, but it might be something to ask your vet about. I will try to dig up some information about it.

BTW - the pups are precious and you have nothing to feel guilty about. The fact that you have your animals welfare utmost in your mind and heart is all you need.

Edited to add - here is the link:

http://www.petsavers.org/articles/Spay_Neuter/Nonsurgical_Sterilization/Neutersol_Celebration.html

Cincy'sMom
03-06-2005, 08:54 AM
Congrats on the beautiful puppies!! I wish them and the parents the best of health.

I'm glad you deicded to share the pictures, and i'm glad that everyone has been understanding. Accidents happen, and you have done nothing but put the animal's health first. It may not what you wanted to happen, but you got to beautiful little lives out if it!

jackie
03-06-2005, 10:43 AM
they are sooooooo cute!

like GraciesMommy said, look at it as a blessing.

enjoy those pups.

Fox-Gal
03-06-2005, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Giselle
Congrats! I hope the puppies make it.

You know, it'd be a good thing to ask the vet whether or not Mom and Pop's health problems are hereditary. Even if they are and there's nothing you can do about it, it's nice to plan ahead for any roadblocks. I know it's a tough reality to face, but that's what I would do because it sounds like Mom and Pop are reaaaaally sick and their conditions could be hereditary. Is it a heart murmur? I think vets can detect heart murmurs in young puppies.

Maybe next time you can use potty pants for Nilla, LOL. I think that might work ;)

Yes we have talked to the vet about this awhile ago. As for Cannilla cancer, it will not be passed on to the puppies. The risk was more on Cannilla, getting weaken from carring puppies and the delivery of them. Thank God, it was not a problem, some one was looking out for her and us.

As for Tuffy, he's an ox and very healthy, so healthy that we can sometimes forget he has a problem. As for the puppies having the same thing, it is a possibility, but is also a possibilty in all Boxers. We will take that on when the time comes and deal with it, just as we have in him and with Cannilla's cancer.

When Tuffy was a year old he did Father 12 pups, with a friend who, not thinking, brought her, in heat, felmale dog over to stay with us for a few days while they moved. :rolleyes: :eek: Not one of the puppies has any problems that we have ever heard about. 1 of the puppies is now ours and he's just fine. So fingers and legs crossed that these two will be just a healthy.

Of course all these reason and more is why we had hope this would never happen, but it did, so we will deal with what ever comes of it and if at any time I feel that one of the puppies might be effected by anything, then that puppy will stay with us, for us to handle. Of course I'm thinking of keeping them both, no matter what, anyway. :D

Fox-Gal
03-06-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by clara4457
Just a thought and it might not be an option, but there is a new spay/neuter medication that is just coming on the market. Apparently it renders the dog sterile without any surgery. I don't know if that is an option, but it might be something to ask your vet about. I will try to dig up some information about it.

BTW - the pups are precious and you have nothing to feel guilty about. The fact that you have your animals welfare utmost in your mind and heart is all you need.

http://www.petsavers.org/articles/Spay_Neuter/Nonsurgical_Sterilization/Neutersol_Celebration.html

I can only say one thing..........THANK YOU!!!

I had know idea about this and it sounds like it can be a life saver for us.

luvofallhorses
03-06-2005, 11:11 AM
IMO anyone who has one negative thing to say is a loser...there is nothing negative to say...nature happens...you have beautiful babies..and I think its a blessing!

I didn't say anything negative I was just asking about spaying the mom and the pups but now I know that she has cancer:(. I was being as positive as I could:) Congrats again. Are you going to keep them? :)

DogLover9501
03-06-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by clara4457

Wow that sounds very interesting! As there are alot of dogs that can't get spayed/neutered due to health problems!

Originally posted by Fox-Gal
1 of the puppies is now ours and he's just fine.

:eek: Does that mean you have another Boxer that we don't know about? ;)

Fox-Gal
03-06-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by DogLover9501
:eek: Does that mean you have another Boxer that we don't know about? ;)

LOL no the female was a hound dog, so he's only part Boxer.

It's Rocky..........
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/Trouble-friends/DSCF0103.jpg
after some twists and turns in owners, we ended up recursing him, not knowing till later that he was Tuffy's son. :eek:

Fox-Gal
03-06-2005, 02:45 PM
I didn't say anything negative I was just asking about spaying the mom and the pups but now I know that she has cancer:(. I was being as positive as I could:) Congrats again. Are you going to keep them? :)

No you where not negative at all, she was just talking in general, If someone did, not that anyone did.

I just figured you didn't read all the whole post and missed that part about the cancer.

I know you just wanted to get to the puppy picture's. :D Right? LOL

Kfamr
03-06-2005, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Fox-Gal

I know you just wanted to get to the puppy picture's. :D Right? LOL

Speaking of, I WANT MORE!! :p

How old are they? (Did I miss that??)

shutterbug0303
03-06-2005, 02:56 PM
Wow that sounds very interesting! As there are alot of dogs that can't get spayed/neutered due to health problems!

My Sahara is one of them...:(

Congrats on the adorable puppies! I totally know it was completely accidental, but at least you wouldn't do anything awful like try to give them away at Walmart (happens all to often). They are going to have a great home no matter if you keep them, or find a furever home with someone else. Send some pics our way soon!

chocolatepuppy
03-06-2005, 03:08 PM
Fox-Gal, my Mandy has a heart murmur and we choose not to get her fixed(thank goodness we don't have a male dog) The risk was too high and we might have lost her at 6 months getting her fixed. Her life expectancy is 2 to 3 years. She is now 3 yr. and 9 mo. Glad we made the decision not to fix her. I certainly stand behind you on your decision not to fix your dogs. :)

luvofallhorses
03-06-2005, 03:43 PM
I know you just wanted to get to the puppy picture's. Right? LOL

haha I read the whole story but missed the part about cancer:( They are gorgeous:)as well as the mommy and the male is handsome:)

K9soul
03-06-2005, 06:11 PM
Wow what a beautiful family! You just HAVE to give us more pictures as they grow, can I request pics once a week? :D. I'm so glad you decided to share, and even more happy that everyone's responses will help you feel better about yourself. No more beating up on yourself now ok? It's done and no one is superhuman! Now's the time to rejoice and celebrate in the new little lives. Canilla looks like such a wonderful mommy. Congratulations to you and the zoo crew! :D

GraciesMommy
03-06-2005, 06:20 PM
Thank you Fox Gal for clarifying for me..lol..no, I certainly did not say any one did..just as you explained...if someone did..I appreciate that!

luckies4me
03-06-2005, 09:51 PM
So you are still letting Canilla nurse correct? Mothers milk is best you know. ;) It's great you are supplementing them just in case too. They are way too adorable! :D I about died when I saw the photos, LOL. I LOVE boxers, and with such beautiful parents it was only expected they would be such cuties.

Is it possible another dog got into the yard and mated her? Un-neutered males do jump fences to get to females. Give Canilla my best! :D

ps.MORE PICS!:p

Fox-Gal
03-07-2005, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by luckies4me

Is it possible another dog got into the yard and mated her? Un-neutered males do jump fences to get to females. Give Canilla my best! :D

ps.MORE PICS!:p

No not possible at all, we are fenced in to the max, it would take one amazing dog to get in here. Plus Cannilla was never out, without one of us with her during her heat. Anyway Cannilla in heat or out will not put up with any other dog, she will attack and ask questions later. LOL

luckies4me
03-07-2005, 01:28 AM
LOL. She knows how to protect the ducks. Was it her you posted photos of that was protecting the ducks?

melandchico
03-07-2005, 01:08 PM
They are adorable! I love boxers. I hope all three do well and it's obvious you are taking great care of their health and their mommy too. Good luck!

2crazypuppies4me
03-07-2005, 01:22 PM
How cute are THEY!!! I love boxers!

micki76
03-07-2005, 01:23 PM
ACK!! Puppies! They're adorable!!! :D

How's Canilla feeling today?

Corinna
03-07-2005, 01:37 PM
I have a feeling the timing was during a bit of hurricane times. Am I counting right? She may have sneck in a day early,from stress.

Buddy Blaze Lover
03-08-2005, 02:56 PM
What adorable puppies!!!!!:D

ramanth
03-08-2005, 03:42 PM
We need more puppy pictures!! Congrats on the puppies, oops or not. :)

I hope they grow up healthy and I hope Camilla is doing okay. :)

vinjashira
03-11-2005, 02:59 AM
How are the mom and the pups doing now Fox-Gal?

delidog
03-11-2005, 05:23 AM
I Agree...Pup Pics,Please????

green_chameleon_girl
03-11-2005, 05:22 PM
PICS! PICS!! hehe cant wait for an update!

*LabLoverKEB*
03-11-2005, 07:47 PM
What precious little babies!!:) I want one! But I know i can't have one!:D :( I will keep the pups and mama in my thoughts, and in my prayers. Congratulations, they are adorable!;)