PDA

View Full Version : Hi! Hi!

rg_girlca
03-05-2005, 12:20 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that I haven't been able to post too much these past few days, as I have a pinched nerve in my elbow that has affected my left hand. It has gone numb on me and I find it very difficult to type with it and it is very frustrating and long to type with one hand. My left hand just does not want to go where I want it to. LOL

I have been lurking and enjoying each and every thread and especially seeing pictures.
As some of you know I love to post to as many threads as I can, but having a useless hand right now, makes it difficult. I have an appointment with my doctor on Monday and i'm sure I will have to have physical therapy for it.

I just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten you and hopefully this will clear up soon.

jazzcat
03-05-2005, 12:36 PM
Lorraine, I'm very sorry. I hope you get better soon.

I have a request, please give that adorable Poppy some extra hugs and kisses and when your hand is better maybe some extra scritchies too.

Take care.

rg_girlca
03-05-2005, 12:43 PM
Thanks Lori. :)

I will definitely deliver those hugs, kisses and scritchies to Poppy for you.

I wasn't going to post this, but it's just that I feel bad that I am not able to post to every thread. My hand is started to swell so that's why I made an appointement with the doc.

Here's a pic of Poppy for you to make this official. :D
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid160/pcca636d67d500efaea44a0a33670742d/f4f168e6.jpg

jazzcat
03-05-2005, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the Poppy picture. Maybe that will hold us over for a little bit.

I was going to ask you if this has happened before and if there is anything a doctor can do for you but I didn't want to make you reply so just answer if and when you feel up to it.

rg_girlca
03-05-2005, 12:57 PM
Yes, this has happened before in the past, but not to this extent. Usually it clears up in a few weeks and I have never had my hand swell before. I am so bad for seeing a doctor that I wait too long to go. I always think, "Oh it will get better in a few weeks."
Then when I do go and see my doc, he gives me heck for waiting so long. But geesh, he should be use to it by now. LOL

I'm sure he will put me on anti-inflammatories and send me for phsical therapy.

Thanks Lori.:D

catnapper
03-05-2005, 02:53 PM
Sounds painful. Will it "unpinch" itself? That has to be frsutrating as well as painful. Ouch.

QueenScoopalot
03-05-2005, 03:57 PM
Ouch Lorraine! Please DO lurk, and read, but take it easy on your hand. I sure hope doc can fix it up for you, and give you something to reduce the swelling. Darling Poppy picture. :) :) Please give him kisses for me...and right handed tummy ~rubs~;)

rg_girlca
03-05-2005, 07:58 PM
Thanks Kim & Jan for your concern.

It is painful, but not unbearable. I have it in a sling in a position that isn't too bad. I've been taking Advil, which really hasn't helped much and been putting heat on it.

Kisses and belly rubs for Poppy have been delivered with much pleasure.:D

Vermontcat
03-05-2005, 09:06 PM
I hope you feel better soon.
Sasvermont hasn't been posting much lately either because she broke her left wrist a couple of weeks ago and has a cast on it.
Give all your kitties kisses from me and I hope they all help you feel better soon.:)

catcrazylady
03-06-2005, 07:43 AM
OH NO!!! Lorraine I hope you feel better soon! There is nothing worse than having your hand out of commision. I remember well when Magoo put my hand out for days! It was awful to try and type so don't even try it. Take care of yourself and keep lurking.
Let us know how you are as soon as you are comfortable enough to type.

Wait to long to go to the doctor huh? Weren't you fussing at me for that?!;) :p :D

{{{HUGS}}} and I hope you are all better soon!!!:)
*KISSIES* to that adorable and precious Poppy!!

sirrahbed
03-06-2005, 11:27 AM
OUCH Lorraine!! Is this like carpal tunnel syndrome from typing??:eek: I hope you get some pain relief!! (((HUGS))) my friend:)

Yes, I also heard from Sallyanne and she was in a cast and typing was very hard for her - I am not sure how she broke it.

Do the medicines (amti-imfammatories) help??

CalliesMom
03-06-2005, 12:00 PM
Ew! Have you gotten your hand looked at? Is there something they might be able to do to prevent your hand from going numb? Ugh! Well I hope your starting to feel better and that picture of Poppy is adorable.

iloverat
03-06-2005, 01:49 PM
Well, that's no fun at all!!!! I really do hope the doc has some remedy for the pain, swelling and numbness. Hmmm....regarding the delay in going to the doctor-----are you sure you're not a member of MY family??????

Hope you are all better , very soon. (((hugs)))

Bobbi