PDA

View Full Version : What are your plans for summer?

sammy101
03-05-2005, 12:10 PM
Im having a buisy summer this year!
heres my schedule...I still have to buy all my plane tickets:o :p lol

I think after school is over,were going to S.Padre Island to go to the beach:D then probably go around Texas.

In June im flying up to Canada by myself.
My first stop is in Kitimat,B.C,ill be there for 2 weeks.Then i'll be going to vancouver for 2 days.Then MAYBE my mom and I are going to meet in Kelowna to look at houses,that will probably be 1 week.Then im going to Edmonton to visit my Aunt,and my grandparents.,probably a week or two.then im going to Manitoba to a lake(dont remember the name:o ).then im going home!
Im already getting ready for my trip!I got a new carry on bag yesterday,lol:o here it is...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/canadiansam5127/dfghth003.jpg

and i have no idea what else im doing yet

how about you??

Toby's my baby
03-05-2005, 12:21 PM
Sounds busy!!

I have any easy going summer planned. I plan to make a scheduale for myself, like get up at 7:30, run about 2 miles, ride more horse some, and then get ready for the day. And there are also tons of horse shows in the summer, so I have to show my horse this summer and spring. And my brothers, sister in-law, and my nefew are coming up from AZ. :)

prechrswife
03-05-2005, 03:55 PM
I'm a teacher, not a student, but...

My summer plans include directing 2 Vacation Bible Schools (one for kids, one for youth and adults), going on 2 trips (one church-related, one to visit family), and getting our house ready for the arrival of our adopted daughter from China.:D

slleipnir
03-05-2005, 03:56 PM
Working lol

binka_nugget
03-05-2005, 04:06 PM
After the summer, I want to go to Australia for a bit.. so I'll be working two jobs in the summer.

Tollers-n-Dobes
03-05-2005, 06:24 PM
I'm going to Kelowna for about a week in July. I'm also going to visit my Grandparents who live in a very small town in Saskatchewan about 2 hours away from Regina. I'm also moving this summer. That's about all I know right now...

Shelteez2
03-05-2005, 06:27 PM
Apart from working, the shelties and I are taking a couple of road trips. First we will be going to Kelowna in July. And then we will be going back to Wyoming in August. And I may squeeze in a trip to Edmonton to visit my friend sometime in there too. :)

slick
03-05-2005, 06:29 PM
Sammy, I'm in Vancouver. Any chance we could hook up while you are here?? :)

Glacier
03-05-2005, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Orangutango
I'm going to Kelowna for about a week in July. I'm also going to visit my Grandparents who live in a very small town in Saskatchewan about 2 hours away from Regina. I'm also moving this summer. That's about all I know right now...

Where in Saskatchewan? My entire extended family lives a couple hours southeast of Regina!

Amber
03-05-2005, 06:45 PM
This summer, for 3 weeks I'll be taking summer school gym. Just so I never have to take gym ever again. Then, right now, I'm saving up money for my electric bass I'm going to get, and I'm going to spend the summer learning it. Hopefully my family and I will go down to Myrtle Beach, we were going to to last summer. and just spend as much time with my friends and my dogs as possible. :)

bluekat
03-05-2005, 07:05 PM
Sounds fun!:D

I have nothing planned yet..:( I really really want to fly somewhere though. Anywhere out of Ontario :p I've been here for so long lol. Haven't been anywhere too far in years

MariaM
03-05-2005, 08:41 PM
All I know is that my cousin is most likely coming here from New Zealand.

Orangutango...which town if you don't mind me asking? I live 2 and a half hours away from Regina. Infact, my mom and sister just went there today and got back about 10 minutes ago lol.

carole
03-05-2005, 08:48 PM
Mariam What part of NZ does your cousin come from,? have you met before,? ah it is funny hearing you all make summer plans , when our summer is almost over, sigh.:(

Oggyflute
03-05-2005, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by binka_nugget
After the summer, I want to go to Australia for a bit.. so I'll be working two jobs in the summer.

You will love it down here. :D Where abouts do you plan to go? Just remember to rug up a bit, it will be cold, as Carole said our summer is just about over.:(

Desert Arabian
03-05-2005, 09:05 PM
* Working
* Volunteering at horse camp
* Starting english lessons
* Road trip to Mall of America, Minnesota
* Lots of fishing and boating
* Lots of trips to the cottage
* Would like to go to New Mexico in July for (Jr) Arabian Nationals- that is still up in the air, otherwise I will just go to the Arabian Nationals in Lexington, Kentucky in October. :/

Summer is always a busy time! I *LOVE* summer!

petslover
03-05-2005, 09:06 PM
I'll be taking two college classes.

MariaM
03-05-2005, 09:21 PM
carole - Yes we have met a few times. She lives in New Plymouth I believe.

carole
03-05-2005, 09:26 PM
Oh Ok New Plymouth is a few hours away from me, about 3 or 4 I think, a nice city by the seaside, have not been there for about 30 years, but I lived in Opunake by the beach when I was doing my working holiday thingy in NZ., nice spot.:)

binka_nugget
03-06-2005, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by Oggyflute
You will love it down here. :D Where abouts do you plan to go? Just remember to rug up a bit, it will be cold, as Carole said our summer is just about over.:(

I'm hoping to go to Rosebud (Victoria, right?) and meet a net friend. :p

wolfsoul
03-06-2005, 02:12 AM
This summer is going to be incredibly busy for me. :(

I am graduating. I'm hosting the Kelowna PT meeting in July. I am moving with my mom and brother to my brother's dad's house. Then I'm moving into my own place. I'll be working full-time while taking a correspondance dog grooming course. I'll be fostering animals. Very busy!

Corinna
03-06-2005, 02:28 AM
I'll be working at Glacier Park in west glacier gift shop. Any one can stop by and say Hi Mon-fri 8 AM- 4:30. I will be a normal schedual for the 1st time in 10 years.
Sammy if you get a chance met up with any PTer you can. Slick is a special treat to met up with. She aand I met up with 3 others last year had a blast.

wolfsoul
03-06-2005, 02:31 AM
By the way Sammy, I hope you can make it to Kelowna! I'd love to meet up ith you. :)

cloverfdx
03-06-2005, 06:35 AM
I'm hoping to go to Rosebud (Victoria, right?) and meet a net friend.
Your joking? Rosebud is about a 3 hour drive from me :D, or a little less if you get the Ferry over from Queenscliff. It is beautiful down that way Ashley, you will love it.

*Sigh* Summer is nearly over and done with, mine was spent working, competing/ trialing with the dogs, and going on crazy "Dog Club" road trips :D.

Samantha Puppy
03-06-2005, 12:00 PM
So far, the only definite thing we have going on is a vaction to the Outer Banks for our anniversary. Samantha's going with us - it'll be the first time she's seen the ocean. :) I can't wait. That's in early June.

I may go down to my best friend's in Florida for an extended weekend but otherwise, I think it's going to be pretty tame.

Glacier
03-06-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
I'll be working at Glacier Park in west glacier gift shop. Any one can stop by and say Hi Mon-fri 8 AM- 4:30. I will be a normal schedual for the 1st time in 10 years.

Hey, that's where we got marrried!! Well, on the Canadian side of the park at the Kilmorey Lodge, but we toured around the park for a few days afterwards and went to that store!!

Uabassoon
03-06-2005, 01:01 PM
Work, work and more work. I'm planning a long weekend trip to D.C. in early May to see my sister. Then of course in July is the CA meeting so I'll be spending 4 days there for the meeting and Disneyland!

manda_moo87
03-06-2005, 01:59 PM
Work, save up for a car, and I'd love to go somewhere. Maybe Vancouver? :p

Suki Wingy
03-06-2005, 02:22 PM
I was going to go on an awsome People to People trip to the Mediterranean, but I didn't get all the money for this summer. I'll have to re-apply next year and I really hope the 2006 trip is the UK!!! I will probably go to my aunt and uncle's in PA, and might get to bring NINO!!:D (YAY!!!) I'm also visiting my dad, stepmom and little brother in IA, and hope to go on yet another road trip. Maybe this time to the western U.S. Summer of 2003 we got to go from Lincoln, NE to Dallas the first day, then to Memphis the second, then to Fayettville, Arkansas the third, then on the fourth, finally back to his old house in Lincoln, NE. I really wish I could see my Phoenix, AZ.:( :( I have spent new years there since 1999 and I have visited there about 3 times a year 1997-1999. Can you tell I LOVE to travel??! ;)
*have been singing "There is No Arizona" by Jamie O'Neal latley.:( :(

Samantha Puppy, we drove as a family to Hatteras from the Midwest last summer.:)

RobiLee
03-06-2005, 04:06 PM
Nothing really special here. At the end of summer we will be going to a NASCAR race with Anna and Mark and I'm really looking forward to that. Other then that it will just be work and the usual stuff. I am definitely looking forward to the warmer weather and getting out my with my pups more!

Robin :)

buckner
03-06-2005, 05:29 PM
I have a summer job lined up - 40 hours a week, at least. I'm babysitting two kids from 7:30am-3:30pm every day, 5 days a week. It pays great, and I get paid even if the kids or I'm gone for the week. I'm hoping that this money can be saved so I don't have to have a job next school year so I can fully concentrate on my advanced and AP class. The only thing I spend my money on is gas and car insurance, so that's good. I'm going on two trips - one to Gatlinburg, TN with my entire family; the other to San Diego, CA with 11 other youth that have completed our Read It And Reap program. Other than that, I'm hoping to spend more time in the summer working out at the gym, and working out at home. I want to actually be SKINNY senior year. :p

animal_rescue
03-06-2005, 05:36 PM
Well since spring is baby season, I'll be starting my summer off with a handful of baby birds to raise(I do it every summer). We'll also probably be getting puppies and kittens. Then I will be going to the Kalahari Hotel in Wisconsin for about a week with girl scouts. After that I will be going down to Housten to visit family and then my family from Housten will come down to our house. I will also be showing my horse in 4-h. I am going to my friend's mom's wedding and I will be going to I think Cedar Point and 6 Flags(a lot)!

Desert Arabian
03-06-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by animal_rescue
Then I will be going to the Kalahari Hotel in Wisconsin for about a week with girl scouts.

Ooh, you'll have LOTS of fun- that place is a blast. I personally haven't been there, we drive by it all the time on the way to the cottage, but a lot of my friends go there and they love it. It is EXTEREMELY busy in summer- the whole Wisconsin Dells area is a zoo.