PDA

View Full Version : Newbie saying hello! (pics)

tricollie4me
03-05-2005, 08:49 AM
Looks like a great board - I'm sure to find lots of good advice and gorgeous photos of everyone's wonderful dogs/cats/younameit!

We recently adopted a now 5-month-old tri collie pup from a local rescue - she was the only tri from a litter of sables (both parents were collies, evidently) and was the last one to be adopted. Guess she was waiting for us to find her! We also have an 8-month-old torti kitty we adopted from a nearby shelter. These two fur babies join our five scrumptious kids and it's a busy, fun household.

We just had our pup, Bijou, spayed yesterday, so today is all about recuperation. We've been doing our best to housetrain her and teach her some manners and thankfully, seem to be making some progress! Bijou loves taking us for walks (we're still training her to mind the leash) and adores flopping around in the snow. She's also teething like mad these days so is in an enormous chewing frenzy. You can imagine how many Kong toys litter our house! Our kitty, Bonnie, is a typical cat, somewhat mysterious and snobby at times but also affectionate and goofy.

Looking forward to doing more reading and learning!

http://iblinkedyougrew.typepad.com/photos/glimpses/dsc03096.JPG

http://iblinkedyougrew.typepad.com/photos/glimpses/dsc03017.JPG

tricollie4me

GraciesMommy
03-05-2005, 09:02 AM
Welcome to PT...gorgeous babies you have there!

KYS
03-05-2005, 09:33 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk. :)

Tina
03-05-2005, 11:36 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk!

Both of your fur-babies are cuties!!

dukedogsmom
03-05-2005, 01:03 PM
Welcome! Bijou is just adorable. Love the name, too. And of course your kitty is cute, too. We will look forward to more pics. I've never seen a tri collie before. Wish I could be there to cuddle with her because she is just too cute.

binka_nugget
03-05-2005, 01:19 PM
Awwww! Puppy breath! :D

Welcome!

Karen
03-05-2005, 01:33 PM
Awww, hello, Bijou! She's still got that little rat-tail! It's funny that we can forget that it takes a while for the full fluffitude to develop on the tail! She's a beauty.

And hello Bonnie, you are a beauty as well!

RobiLee
03-05-2005, 01:55 PM
Oh my! I am in love with your pup! She is soooo cute! Thats a cute little kitty too. I'm so glad that you have joined us. I think you are going to like it here. I hope that you will continue to share your furkids with us.

Welcome to Pet Talk!!!

Robin :)

stacwase
03-05-2005, 03:42 PM
They're both just beautiful!

vinjashira
03-05-2005, 03:45 PM
Hi and welcome!
Gorgeous babies you have there, we are looking forward to seeing more pictures of them :)

Vette
03-05-2005, 05:52 PM
Oh pretty furkids!!!

welcome to Pet Talk. :D

tatsxxx11
03-05-2005, 05:56 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk:) Bijou and Bonnie are precious! What great names, too! I'm Sandra and my "kids" are below in my sig! I think you'll feel right at home here! Hugs to your babies. Hope to see more pics of your cuties!

Chica
03-05-2005, 06:50 PM
AH-She is so cute! :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/chica1/Wooden_welcome.gif

Oggyflute
03-05-2005, 09:39 PM
G'day mate & welcome. I'm Trev and your furkids are just beautiful.