PDA

View Full Version : Update on me and the "BRATS"

catcrazylady
03-05-2005, 07:00 AM
I know I have been missing all week so I'm going to try to catch everyone up on "us".

I went to my new job Monday and it turned out not to be what they said it was. I was supposed to be the assistant supervisor doing time cards and filling in on the floor when I got all of that done. NOT!! I was on the floor full time. The "supervisor" didn't like me from the get go. She never spoke to me other than telling me what to do and walking away before I could ever say a word. Some of the other employees told me that I was in for it because the "supervisor" didn't like people who came into the factory after doing office work. They warned me that she was going to let me have it and she did. She busted my hump on the hardest jobs until my back locked up and I thought my feet were going fall off of my legs. I had good shoes but I was on concrete and they didn't seem to help. I worked Mon. and Tues for 8 hours, Wed. 10 hours, and Thurs. 8 hours and was told to work 10 hours Fri. Wednesday night I came home in so much pain that I couldn't move. I took tons of Advil and still couldn't ease the pain in my feet. I laid in bed Wednesday night and cried my eyes out! I didn't want to admit defeat so I went back in Thursday and after hearing the "supervisor" yell and scream at people I decided that this was not the job for me. I hated the job, I certainly did not like the "supervisor" and the pain in my feet and legs was horrible, so I quit Friday morning. For what I was getting paid I could draw unemployment and make just as much while I look for something else.
Almost all of the Brats are sick with this cold. Some are over it but Peanut Butter and Pervy are down really bad with it now. Rosco's eyes got infected and he had to go to the vet. Pepper Jack couldn't seem to get over the sneezing either so now everybody in the house is on antibiotics.
I haven't been able to post because I could not sit at the computer chair because of the pain in my back, I couldn't even walk to the computer!, and I couldn't type because my fingers were so swollen on my right hand from doing that crappy work!
Between the stress, pain, and all the sick kitties crying and begging me to help them I broke. The babies needed me so much and I could not move to help them! They would pile on top of me at night while I cried, and they would sneeze all over me and cry too. The house is covered in snot!!! Hubby has been trying to keep up but most of you know how that goes.
So that is how my week went. I'm really depressed about this because I thought things fell into place so perfectly but I guess not. I have decided that this was a lesson learned and now I'm going to rest for a few weeks, draw unemployment, and then get back out there. Still no job prospectives for hubby but I'm praying that changes soon.

Rosco's eyes are almost all clear now, Pepper Jack is showing great improvement, Pervy looks much better today, and Peanut Butter is eating and drinking again so the meds seem to be kicking in. I look so forward to the day that I don't hear anymore sneezing! What a nightmare week this has been! I have missed you guys and PT so much and I'm glad that the worst is over and I'm back!!!!
Sorry for the book, but I wanted to share how things have been going.
Now on to a few pictures. I don't have many new ones because I couldn't even hold the camera. I feel like such a WIMP!!!

A rare moment! Stubby and Maggie Sue share a table. Now you know how sick they have been!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid142/p209ed948859e9fc5b443bd24fb7fb8d1/f6b6c0dc.jpg

Here's Sammy not feeling well and snuggled up in bed.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid141/p8be43114d2128eff73636b54e7c12dd8/f6c7dea4.jpg

Sicky poo Leroy all tucked in.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid143/p1b0f56d33ecc60e9e69b6f2c0253c662/f6a019ba.jpg

Sick Rosco and Peanut Butter share daddy's chair
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid143/pf69c17da71e55e7adbd246d0b24a5cfa/f6a0202e.jpg

The sick boys Rosco and Leroy lay on momma's aching lap
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid144/p95140fa2fa59275e13c88003dc4cc36b/f6825cd2.jpg

Poor sick Peanut Butter
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid147/p1e1d63053c858df92345d5306397d138/f633f66e.jpg

And these two! Magoo is sneezing some but it hasn't slowed him down at all. Abigail is still a little gray bullet flying around the house. She has coughed and sneezed some but it isn't getting her down at all! I was scared it would bring on her asthma but so far so good. They are both on antibiotics too. EVERBODY is on them for good measure!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid148/pafd447ddcfa39de31a80251255753472/f61ea030.jpg

I am sorry that I wrote so much but I had to catch my PT friends up with my life. As soon as my body mends a bit more I will get some more new pictures. I intend to hang around a lot this week. Please forgive me for anything I might have missed but I will get caught up soon.
Love you guys and I'm glad to be back!!!:D

QueenScoopalot
03-05-2005, 07:30 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about your rotten supervisor, and working in a job that was totally not what you expected. :rolleyes: Take a breather, and enjoy unemployment, and a mini vacation for a while. Take care of those aches and pins, and sick kitties too. I'm dealing with a lot of sneezing here as well. Georgie woke me nice and early coughing non-stop. He's not sneezing yet, but others are. Arghhh. Hang in there,. and rest all weekend. ;)

auggie
03-05-2005, 07:44 AM
I’m so sorry things didn’t work out for you.
I can certainly sympathize with the pain in your back, legs and feet.
Sometimes all I can do after work is lie down on the heating pad.
I’m sure there is something better out there for you.
That Lady should not be in a supervisor position if she is yelling at people.
I hope that your poor sick kitties get to feeling better soon.
They are all so adorable!

lady_zana
03-05-2005, 09:07 AM
Oh, bless your heart! You are not a wimp, most certainly not! Take care of yourself and don't worry about that horrible job anymore. You're a special person with a good heart and that's what matters anyway.

catnapper
03-05-2005, 09:13 AM
{{{HUGS}}}} I cannot imagine the torture your week was! When you resigned, I hope you gave the real reason! She can't continue doing that to people -- the company is going to loose too many good employees that way!

{{HUGS}}}} to all those sick kitties. That photo of sick Leroy just broke my heart. Send him here to get all better. My kitties are all nice and snot free, so he can get away from everyone and sneeze in peace! ;)

kuhio98
03-05-2005, 09:18 AM
I'm sorry the job didn't work out and the kitties are feeling sick. I hope you told your job about the supervisor. They've probably gone through several people and if they don't deal with the supervisor's attitude problem, they will continue to lose good people like you.

ChrisH
03-05-2005, 09:28 AM
I am so sorry to read to the horrible week you had. {{Big Hugs}}

Sending prayers and positive thoughts that there is good health and better times coming soon for you, kitties, and hubby.

{{hugs}}
Chris

Craftlady
03-05-2005, 09:59 AM
Oh my what a mess. I would think after a few people come and go from there the powers to be will figure out the supervisor is causing all the exists. Usually people like that make this saying come true. "what comes around, goes around" she will get hers in the end.

Glad to read all the fur babies are feeling better. :)

Karen
03-05-2005, 10:34 AM
What an awful week! That sounds like the perfect job NOT to have.

Bless you for trying so hard, and caring for the sickies, too! Naps all around!

RedHedd
03-05-2005, 11:29 AM
What a rotten week, but good on you for standing up for yourself and not taking the abuse. Quitting an abusive job is an empowering step; I've done it too. I wonder how long that "supervisor" has been in that position. Here in CA we have laws against that kind of abuse. I hope you told her supervisor on the exit interview - did they even give you one?

Be gentle with yourself. Prayers and hugs going out your way that the whole family is feeling better soon.

MULTICATMOM
03-05-2005, 11:31 AM
AWFUL NEW JOB, SICK KITTYS...:( :( ON THE BRIGHT SIDE LEROY WON'T FEEL LIKE DARTING OUT THE DOOR! THE NEXT JOB HAS TO BE BETTER:D :D
QSA FINALLY HAD SOPHIE/BOATSLIP BABIES 5, MATTIE/MOOSMOM HAD 4, POUNCER RIPPED OUT A NAIL, CHRISTA/SIRRABEDS DAUGHTER GAVE THE SIRRA KITTYS A RED FUZZY THAT MADE LIZZIE INTO AMONSTER"...ACTUALLY BEEN A SLOW WEEK. RICHARD POSTED SOME HILARIOUS "CAT-FUCIOUS" THOUGHTS YOU SHOULD LOOK UP:D
SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE JOB SITUATION:( :rolleyes: DO Y'ALL HAVE A HUMANE SOCIETY/ LOCAL RESCUE YOU COULD TRY THERE? THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS...

rg_girlca
03-05-2005, 11:56 AM
Lisa, I am so sorry to hear what a lousy week you had. I don't blame you one bit for quitting that place. What a horrible woman. I think I would have left with a few choice words to her, just for my own satisfaction.

Sorry to hear your babies have all been sick. How sweet of them though to console you in your time of stress.

Well, it's all over now, you don't have to go back to that terrible job, the kitties are taken care of and getting better, so now you can sit back, relax for a while, think positive thoughts and SMILE, as things will get better for you and your hubby.

Take care of yourself. ((((((HUGS))))))

jazzcat
03-05-2005, 12:39 PM
Good grief Lisa, what a horrible week! I'm so sorry this job wasn't what it was suppose to be. Then a house full of sick kitties on top of it all. So where do I send the Calgon????

You just worry about taking care of yourself and those kitties and we will all start the PT prayer chain and good vibes going again.

(((HUGS)))

lisalee
03-05-2005, 02:38 PM
Beautiful kitty pictures! I sure hope they all feel better soon and I'm sorry to hear the problems you've had lately, life can be very tough sometimes. You all take care of yourselves!

Barbara
03-05-2005, 02:55 PM
I am sorry about that week in hell:( And then all the kitties being sick on top of it. I hope all of you are better soon. Some of these pictures must have had an soothing effect- they sure had on me.:)

catmandu
03-05-2005, 03:17 PM
And the thing,that gets me,is that they think,taht treating people,likr garbage,is somehow,going,to get thier best effort.At the last job,I had to lift a cast iron metal plate,andmy back,is still sore.You,did the right,thing,as no job,is worth all that.

christa
03-05-2005, 08:34 PM
Lisa:

I'm so sorry that your new job didn't work out. Something will come up though! You've just gotta trust that it will. Hang in there & give all those sweet sick kitties kisses from Auntie Christa!

;)

Don Juan's mom
03-05-2005, 11:32 PM
Turner Classic Movies was MADE for us unemployed and under-employed! :D

I'm really sympathizing. I had a job for a few days last year that I hoped would put me back on my feet, and it didn't work out. :( But I've got something MUCH better now. :D

Here's a big **** GET WELL **** wish for your kitties. I'm sure Don Juan will join in as soon as he wakes up from his nap. :cool:

Liz

catcrazylady
03-06-2005, 07:09 AM
Thank you guys so much for all the support. This was a real let down for me because everything fell right into place and I thought this was the job for me. I knew from all the PT prayers that God had put this right in front of me but I guess I was wrong. Well, not wrong because I'm sure God wanted me to learn something from this. I did! Stay away from manufacturing work!!!:p :D
I know something will work out but for now I'm going to let my body mend, care for my very sick babies, and get my head screwed on straight.

Good news...The kitties are all showing GREAT improvement!! Very little sneezing and snot blowing now. Peanut Butter is up and busy this morning and the Pepper Jack is playing and acting normal again. Only poor little Pervy is still kind of down but much better than she was. Rosco's eye is still kind of runny but he won't let me catch him to put the drops in his eyes. BRAT! Other than a little bit of a runny eye he is as busy as always so I guess he doesn't feel too bad anymore.

We are all on the mend!!! YIPPEE!!!!!:D :D :D

Vio&Juni
03-06-2005, 12:10 PM
Sorry to hear that about your job. Any job is a little tougher than you expected in the beginning, but what you described is more than tough.