PDA

View Full Version : wow

Josh4Colts
03-04-2005, 03:08 PM
wow, this is bad

my teacher, lets say jan, and her husband, lets say tony. well, they had company over and it was time to feed there dogs. they went outside to feed them and they notice there chocolate lab has a huge blood spot on her arm. They also notice that there bull massive puppy is missing.

they wrap up there lab and tony goes looking for his puppy. He goes to his neighbors and asks if hes seen him. the neighbor, we'll say Jim. well, Jim says oh yeah, i saw him.

Tony says, well where was it
jim says, oh it was over by my hogs and ticking me off so i shot it.
WHAT say tony.
yeah, there was two, and they were getting on my nerves so i shot em.

did you yell at them or anything, or even see there collars? asks tony

Oh, yeah, but i had a problem with wild dogs once and so i shot em with my buck shot.

Tony goes home to tell Jan and Jan calls the police. the police called the humane society and they say that Jim is lyable for the cost of the dogs and all of the vet bills for the lab.

Overall, the cost will be over 2500 dollars. 1400 for the dog and 900 for the vet bill. I hope that guy learned a lessen. He definitely deserved what he got.

sammy101
03-04-2005, 06:02 PM
OMG!!:eek: :mad: How terrible!They must be heartbroken!:( poor thing:( That man surely deserves what he got!:mad:

Vette
03-04-2005, 07:32 PM
:eek:

Oggyflute
03-04-2005, 09:30 PM
:eek: Unbeliveable stupid ignorant man. :mad:

cookieluver7
03-05-2005, 04:16 PM
That is so terrible. :( That poor, poor dog. And it wasn't like the dog was doing anything to that man. They must be so upset. :(:mad:

MariaM
03-05-2005, 09:28 PM
:eek: :( :( :( :( :( :(

animal_rescue
03-05-2005, 10:23 PM
How horrible!:mad:

Josh4Colts
03-18-2005, 08:53 PM
bumpy.

IRescue452
03-19-2005, 04:35 PM
As much as I'd like to get all upset about somebody shooting their dogs, I'll also risk upsetting all of you and saying that perhaps the owners got what was coming and will be more attentive and careful with their dogs from now on. If I was in this situation I would be incredibly upset, but I would be more angry at myself for not supervising my dogs.

Corinna
03-19-2005, 04:43 PM
I rescue I was thinking the same thing . It's a shame when people don't watch their animals and then the animals pays the price.
Being raised on a farm I can understand the guys reaction. I lost my 4-H steer 1 week before a sale becouse of a pack of neighbor hood dogs. I called all the owners of course none of them ever had their dog loose.:mad:
Well over time most didn't make it home either. took me about a month . My dogs were always penned or on a leash.

Josh4Colts
03-20-2005, 06:52 PM
there dogs were able to roam around before they moved. They were just used to there old environment.

Lady's Human
03-20-2005, 07:59 PM
Having recently moved to a rural area, I can find little sympathy for the owners of the dogs. I KNOW that if I let Lady run loose something like that could happen to her, so she has a 100+ foot run in the yard. The farmer was protecting his livelihood, and the owners should have known better.

Josh4Colts
03-25-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Lady's Human
Having recently moved to a rural area, I can find little sympathy for the owners of the dogs. I KNOW that if I let Lady run loose something like that could happen to her, so she has a 100+ foot run in the yard. The farmer was protecting his livelihood, and the owners should have known better.

Ok, it was the hogs skins, and the guy didn't even yell at them. He sees the dogs and pulls out his gun and shoots it and you find no sympathy for the owners????

Cincy'sMom
03-25-2005, 03:18 PM
I just heard a similar story on the local news the other night. The neighbor shot a family's 6 month old chocolate lab puppy, and their 2 yr old beagle, becuase they were on his property. If I remember right, this happen about an hour form here...Not sure if their was livestock involved or not. Mayb eit is annoying if your neighbors dog is always loose...but it shooting it the answer? Seems harsh to me :(

Lady's Human
03-26-2005, 12:09 PM
I have sympathy for the dog(s) involved, none whatsoever for the owner. Dogs harassing livestock or deer around here just get shot, No questions asked. If you call animal control they ask "don't you have a rifle?"

Kevin Farmer
03-26-2005, 03:18 PM
:(BUT HOW CAN ANYONE JUST SHOOT A PUPPY :mad: :mad: :mad:

Josh4Colts
03-27-2005, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
I just heard a similar story on the local news the other night. The neighbor shot a family's 6 month old chocolate lab puppy, and their 2 yr old beagle, becuase they were on his property. If I remember right, this happen about an hour form here...Not sure if their was livestock involved or not. Mayb eit is annoying if your neighbors dog is always loose...but it shooting it the answer? Seems harsh to me :(

What city was it?

Cincy'sMom
03-27-2005, 09:05 AM
It was in Wauseon, Ohio. This is the article from one of our local news stations....

WAUSEON -- A Wauseon family is outraged after a neighbor shot and killed their two dogs. The family shared their story with News 11.

Andrew Purtee said, "I rolled the dog over and found a hole dead in his chest aimed straight for the heart." Purtee couldn't believe it when he found his six month old chocolate lab puppy named Brutus shot dead behind his neighbor's property. His beagle, Jack, was shot and injured, then died later at the vet.

Purtee says his neighbor admitted to shooting the dogs. "He was very angry at the dogs running on his property. He did say that the beagle did piss him off and he had it coming and that the puppy must have gotten in the way."

The puppy, Brutus, was a Christmas present. 8-year-old Andrew Jr. said, "Brutus was a good dog and Jack was my favorite. Jack and I slept together and sometimes we played fetch together." The Purtee children were devastated. 5-year-old Sydney said, "I'm mad, because our neighbor killed our dogs."

Little Andrew wanted to confront the neighbor, but instead he and his father posted a sign outside their home that says 'Please pray for our neighbor he killed our dogs.'

Purtee admits his dogs sometimes chased the neighbor's cats, but had never hurt any of them. In fact, "My wife actually saved one of their cats. It was hobbling in our driveway falling over while the people were on vacation and she brought it in and took care of it for the weekend," said Mr. Purtee.

The neighbor was not home Wednesday and offered no comment over the phone. News 11 has not identified the neighbor because no criminal charges have been pressed yet.

Purtee says the neighbor did apologize for what happened, offered to bury the puppy, and offered to pay the vet bill for the beagle. But Purtee says that's not good enough. He wants criminal charges pressed and he is looking into civil action. Purtee filed a police report with the Fulton County Sheriff.

It usually takes 2-5 days for that to get to the prosecutors office. The prosecutor will decide if that neighbor will be charged with any crime.