PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Party

zippy-kat
10-25-2001, 07:51 PM
Here's a pic of the Kitty Litter Cake and the "dead man's punch" I served at the office today! Both seemed to be quite a hit. (You shoulda seen some of the looks the cake received! lol :eek: :D )

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/017/3y/2n/cV/0s96613.jpg
(Nooooo those are tootsie rolls!)

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/002/a3/Zk/Zd/0y35025.jpg
(For the hand, I put gummy worms in a glove, filled the glove w/ water, froze, and served in fruit punch!)

[ October 25, 2001: Message edited by: zippy-kat ]

jackiesdaisy1935
10-25-2001, 08:36 PM
zippy-cat are you sure that's cake and you didn't substitute the kitty litter? How did you ever come up with those, that was great.
What a fantastic idea for a Halloween party.I would give you 4 stars for that one.
Jackie

Daisy's Mom
10-25-2001, 08:51 PM
That is soo great! I love both of them! They look good too ;)

AdoreMyDogs
10-25-2001, 08:56 PM
Wow, those were fantastically gross looking :) How did it taste? Were people hesitant to eat/drink it? Hehehehe....I don't think I have ever seen such well done treats :) Great job :)

Phred
10-25-2001, 09:08 PM
Neat-O, Zippy!

What'd the Katz use while you had their pan and scoop at the office?

And did ya wash 'em before you loaded the cake in? :rolleyes:

zippy-kat
10-25-2001, 09:49 PM
Jackie~I'm sure it's cake! lol I'd seen the recipe for the kitty litter cake a few yrs back but never copied/saved it. Karen found this one for me somewheres on the net. As for the 'rotten hand,' I don't really remember where I got that idea.

Bridget~ The cake wasn't bad at all! They ate more than half! (Which is good cos I REALLY hate left-overs! lol)

Leslie~ There were some who were reluctant to try it--and one who refused to eat it! lol It was soooo funny to watch their faces!!

Phred~ Hee hee...nuttin'! I came home and they all hadz their wittle paws crossed! ;) As fer washin', nahhh...I just spit on 'em and den wiped it out wif an old dish rag.

(That was NOT to be taken seriously folks! lol In fact, my kitties are 4.5hrs away from me--still with my parents' while I finish skewl! I'm not even in a 'pet ok' apartment! Shhhhh!! Don't tell on Sophie Bunners!!)

[ October 25, 2001: Message edited by: zippy-kat ]

4 feline house
10-25-2001, 10:00 PM
That was a nice touch, that poop hanging onto the side!

aly
10-25-2001, 10:30 PM
I liked that touch too. You did a great job on both treats. They look scary but delicious at the same time! :D

RachelJ
10-25-2001, 10:32 PM
Zippy, you crack me up. http://plauder-smilies.com/happy/roflmao.gif

Logan
10-25-2001, 11:01 PM
Funny, funny, funny!!! Tonya, you are too much!! I wish I had half of your energy and creativity!!! Give that Sophie bunny a kiss for me, please. :)

Dixieland Dancer
10-26-2001, 09:55 AM
Ohhhhh myyyy that was sooooo gross looking! I don't think I could eat the cake. My Dusty has a thing for kitty krunchies in the litter box and I know how bad his breath smells after he does sooooo no I don't think I could do it! LOL :eek: :eek:

I really like the deadmans punch. I'll have to try that one! :D

thelmalu99
10-26-2001, 09:56 AM
http://bbs2.fanforum.com/images/smilies/LOL.gif http://bbs2.fanforum.com/images/smilies/LOL.gif

Tonya, you get an A for creativity!

10-26-2001, 10:00 AM
Um, Tonya, when I come visit you, remind me to make dinner reservations..... I don't really think I want you cooking ;)

purrley
10-26-2001, 01:07 PM
Oh My - just looked at the Kitty Litter cake - that is sooo funny. It was really nice of the kitties to let you borrow their potty for the occasion :D :D.

[ October 26, 2001: Message edited by: purrley ]

zippy-kat
10-28-2001, 09:45 PM
LOL I've been away for a coupla days...it feels like forever! lol

I've enjoyed reading everyone's comments, and as soon as I get caught up--I'll post about my trip!

Logan~You don't have to ask me twice to give the fur kid a kiss!! I've been "Bunny-less" for 2.5 days--WAAAAYYYYY to long! I've already been showered with kissies once--but I'll "suffer" another round for ya! lol ;)

Dixieland Dancer~ Sara has a thing for kitty kookies too--EWWWWWWWWWWWW.... But the cake wasn't bad--honest!!

Angel~ Don't worry--I know the BMT of cooking: Burger King, McDonald's, and Taco Bell!

RachelJ
10-30-2001, 09:10 AM
Zippy, how about posting the recipe?

wolflady
10-30-2001, 12:02 PM
Tonya, what a really cool idea! I love it, love it LOVE IT!!! ;) You are such a riot! Yes, post the recipe for the cake!! Hope you trip was fun, and let us know what you did! Give Sophers a 'nose kissy' for me!! :D

Dixieland Dancer
10-30-2001, 01:54 PM
Another vote for the recipe! :) I'd love to make it for my Cub Scout den and really gross them out!! :D

[ October 30, 2001: Message edited by: Dixieland Dancer ]

zippy-kat
10-30-2001, 03:01 PM
here's the link!
http://www.fabulousfoods.com/recipes/kitty-litter-cake-for-halloween
(Thanks to Miz Karen for actually finding it for me!)

The trip was really fun! I went to Albuquerque, NM for the National Arabian Horse Show! I met many, many famous horses--it was sooo awesome! I also saw a bunch o' dawgies and took in a cat show! An animal packed weekend! The only thing missin' was my bunners, Sophie. But she wouldn't have been happy in the hotel room.

I wanna hossey! :(
I've always had the 'horse bug' but now I have it BAD! lol

I'm majoring in English but I'm beginning to consider the idea of getting my masters in equine science. I would LOVE to work on a horse farm!

Hmmmm..... Sumpin' to think about!

zippy-kat
10-30-2001, 03:29 PM
Hey guys, I just thought of another kewlio site.

Top Secret Recipes (http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/recipes.htm)

It doesn't have a recipe for kitty litter cake but it does have recipes from AppleBees, Chilis, Hard Rock Cafe, Harley Davidson Cafe ( :D ), IHOP, KFC, Red Lobster, Snapple, Hostess, etc etc etc!

crow_noir
10-31-2001, 02:18 AM
wow! cool link zippy cat !!!! can't wait to see what i can find!!!

AdoreMyDogs
10-31-2001, 05:47 AM
Wow, cool website! I HAVE to see if they have Bakers Square french silk pie....OH would that be a dream come true :D

aly
10-31-2001, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by zippy-kat:
<STRONG>
I'm majoring in English but I'm beginning to consider the idea of getting my masters in equine science. I would LOVE to work on a horse farm!

Hmmmm..... Sumpin' to think about!</STRONG>

Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it!!!!!!!!!!!!
I made the mistake of majoring in something for money rather than where my passion lies. So now I'm going through the big switcheroo and majoring in animal science working towards my Canine Behaviorist title. And I couldn't be happier. I had NEVER liked my field or been excited about my future career. Now I feel soooo wonderful! Its too bad it took me so long to realize it though
:rolleyes:

wolflady
10-31-2001, 05:54 PM
Cool links, Tonya!!! I love it!! :D
I'm so glad that I'm not the only one thinking about a complete career change. I know my parents won't be happy about my thoughts and possible decision, and it's hard to tell what my hubby thinks. He's concerned about the money issue. I've always felt a pull toward an animal-related field but didn't pursue it. Lately it's been really stong and pulling on my heartstrings so much so that I've been sending my resumes to job listings for animal control, animal welfare, education, care etc. type of positions!!! I know it won't pay much (compared to my techie salary), but I think it's really what I'm meant to do, and I know I would be so happy doing it! Unfortunately I must start at the bottom since the only experience I have with animals is my minimal experience at Wolf Park, Town Cats, and the Wildlife Center of Silicon Valley. Maybe there's some vet tech classes or something I could take at a local college?? I don't know..but I hope I'm doing the right thing!!!! :eek:

aly
10-31-2001, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by wolflady:
<STRONG>I don't know..but I hope I'm doing the right thing!!!! :eek:</STRONG>

When you stop living your life for other peoples' expectations and start living it for YOURSELF, you will be so happy. I think following your heart is the right thing to do. I was scared to death to tell my parents. I thought they would not support my decision at all. But they both told me they were concerned about money issues but think I should do what makes me happy! I can't tell you what a great feeling it is to finally break free and find yourself. I totally think you should go for it! :)

wolflady
11-01-2001, 03:42 PM
Thanks Aly, how did you get started?? Right now I'm sending letters and resumes to different positions that I find available. I guess I really don't care what it is, as long as it gets my foot in the door for an animal career. It's great that I know I can come here and get the support from fellow animal lovers!! That has given me the strength so far to start to pursue this :D Thanks guys!

lotrfreak
05-24-2003, 03:41 PM
my sister showed me that recipe before. i thought it was cool

wolfsoul
05-24-2003, 03:49 PM
whoa, you dug up a 2001 thread :eek:

CamCamPup33
05-24-2003, 04:34 PM
DANG!! :eek:

Cataholic
05-24-2003, 09:00 PM
Maybe you should do some research, or something....2001?