PDA

View Full Version : Do you have too many pets?

Chris J
03-04-2005, 09:08 AM
Ever heard this before?

Do friends or family members ever say this to you?

You have too many pet.....

Logan
03-04-2005, 09:16 AM
I get it a lot, especially from my parents. The other thing they say is comments about my dog's weight. Last time they were there, before they could even start in on the dogs, I asked them to please not say anything about my dogs being fat, that it hurt my daughter's feelings, badly, and mine too. And they didn't say another word!! :p

micki76
03-04-2005, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Logan
The other thing they say is comments about my dog's weight.

My SIL used to do this, and her dog is a lot more overweight than Millie is. Finally one day my MIL told that she really shouldn’t say anything about Millie when Princess is so much more overweight than Millie. :) That shut her up pretty fast, and she’s never said another thing about Millie’s weight.

The only comments I get about too many pets is from my in-laws. They think one dog is all anyone should have, and for some of them that’s one too many.

mruffruff
03-04-2005, 09:57 AM
What is 'too many' for one person, isn't for another.

I have 3 dogs and 7 cats; everyone I know thinks that's too many. I figure if I can care for them--properly-- it isn't 'too many'.

Mary

lute
03-04-2005, 10:14 AM
i said "not at all" because the only person that tells me i have too many pets is my mother. i could just have one pet and she would say it was too many.:rolleyes:

4 Dog Mother
03-04-2005, 02:42 PM
With 6 dogs, I hear it ALOT!!!!

Tollers-n-Dobes
03-04-2005, 02:46 PM
I hear it alot, I don't really care though because I only have 3 dogs, some fish, toads and a lobster. I don't think I have too many pets at all.

LeahMM
03-04-2005, 02:47 PM
Actually I get a "you're nuts" more than anything else. Everytime I go to the vet I have a new furkid of some sort and she just rolls her eyes.

jackie
03-04-2005, 03:09 PM
i hear it everyday, but it doesn't bother me, i love my doggies, kitty, bunny, hammy, fishies, and birdies:D

PJ's Mom
03-04-2005, 03:10 PM
I hear it from hubby more than anyone. :(

cyber-sibes
03-04-2005, 03:26 PM
I only have 3 dogs, some fish, toads and a lobster.
You have a pet LOBSTER? :eek:
interesting....does it live outdoors? do you play with it? I was pretty impressed with what beautiful and interesting creatures they are when I visited my brother in Maine a few years back, althought the lobster I photographed became our dinn.....oh, sorry. HaHa :p

right now we have two dogs & one cat, which I don't think is too many, but there's this other dog staying with us for a couple weeks and i'm wondering if 3 is too many?

petslover
03-04-2005, 03:29 PM
I hear it alot too!

Buddy Blaze Lover
03-04-2005, 03:51 PM
Nope...one dog and one guinea pig isn't enough for me, but mom and dad have a say there.:rolleyes:

jazzcat
03-04-2005, 03:55 PM
I hear it all the time from my family and my in laws. It gets annoying.:rolleyes:

BitsyNaceyDog
03-04-2005, 04:44 PM
I hear it all the time too. Well, with 36 animals I expect to hear it. That's no excuse though, I wish people could keep their opinions to themselves. I know my parents wouldn't choose to live my lifestyle, they do respect that I chose to live my live this way. Justain's parents on the other hand don't respect us enough to keep their opinions to themselves.

Tollers-n-Dobes
03-04-2005, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by cyber-sibes
You have a pet LOBSTER? :eek:
interesting....does it live outdoors? do you play with it? I was pretty impressed with what beautiful and interesting creatures they are when I visited my brother in Maine a few years back, althought the lobster I photographed became our dinn.....oh, sorry. HaHa :p

LOL it's a blue lobster, not anywhere near as large as an actual ocean Lobster! I'll ahve to find a pic of him...

cali
03-04-2005, 04:57 PM
I have 21 pets I sure do hear it a lot lol just from my dad and brother though, other people just enjoy telling there friends how many pets I have lol

cali
03-04-2005, 05:02 PM
blue lobster? I just looked it up it sayed also known as a blue crayfish :p I used to have a crayfish, his name was dr. Claw, so much fun to play with lol

stacwase
03-04-2005, 05:35 PM
If you count my 24 chickens, I have 27 "pets"! People think I'm a bit eccentric but, hey - what's it to 'em.

Pit Chick
03-04-2005, 05:52 PM
I even say I have too many pets. Though a good majority are fosters that come and go so technically......

cloverfdx
03-04-2005, 10:28 PM
Not realy, i cannot name one person who has ever said that to me. I agree what is too many to some is just right for others. I can easily afford to care for Clover, Elvis, Yumi and Foster kitty until she goes to her new home.

joanofark
03-04-2005, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Buddy Blaze Lover
Nope...one dog and one guinea pig isn't enough for me, but mom and dad have a say there.:rolleyes:

Same here.:) I have two dogs and a cat and my parents think we have a zoo! I've never been told by anyone but my parents.:p

I personally don't think we have a lot. I think we need more. If I got to choose I would have a lot of dogs and a lot of cats! I've also asked for Hamsters, Ferrets, and Snakes but my parent said "No Way" :confused: :p

Vette
03-05-2005, 05:56 AM
I get that a lot from my parents...
i have 3 cats now and 1 dog.. they arent too happy about the 3rd cat...LOL

Chris J
03-05-2005, 02:05 PM
No votes for the "not in your face" I C....

vinjashira
03-05-2005, 03:20 PM
I only have one, so .. no :D

king2005
03-06-2005, 11:17 PM
I hear it often enough, but I just ignore it

Suki Wingy
03-06-2005, 11:37 PM
Unforunatly, My parents say one dog, one lizard, and (they are trying to make it temporary) one dwarf rabbit is just right. People always say things like "Wow, you sure do love and know a lot about animals, I bet you have a zoo at home!" I just have to shamefully tell them my parents won't allow it.:( They say is we could afford it, (The boarding around here is pretty expensive) a horse would be the perfect pet because it lives somewhere that can stay dirty, and you don't have the noise and clutter of another animal at home. Like a "Part time pet" to them.:( :( I would like to have about 6 dogs, 2 horses, a few rats, a chinchilla, etc. I am so enveous of the people who bring home animals and their parents just say, "My kids have a whole bunch of animals, they take care of them pretty well!" My parents would KILL me if I brought home an animal w/o them knowing.