View Full Version : Aby Games

Randy_K
03-04-2005, 12:58 AM
Take a small piece of paper, dampen it and stick it to a glass door and then say, "Look Mango, a bug!" He'll keep jumping until he gets it...

http://rjknox.home.att.net/Mango_Jump1a.jpg

http://rjknox.home.att.net/Mango_Jump2a.jpg

Barbara
03-04-2005, 02:54 AM
Wow what pictures! :D :D :D

I have to try that this weekend. In summertime when we have moths you can often see Filou outside on the balcony sticking up in the window but I never had the idea to try with paper.

Abys are the best:D

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-04-2005, 03:37 AM
OMG, what a GREAT idea Randy!! I will try that with my cats too!! Oops, better wait till my kids get home, so they can take a pic, he he!!;)

CalliesMom
03-04-2005, 03:39 AM
:eek: great pics

Randy_K
03-04-2005, 09:14 AM
Mango learns words too fast at times. He heard "bug" used several times and associated it with insects and fun so now whenever he hears that word, no matter how it's used, he gets excited.

sirrahbed
03-04-2005, 09:30 AM
W:DW!!! Look how high Mango can jump!!!! Amazing and funny:D That must be how he keeps that sleek physique!!

What is Peaches doing while this is going on??;)

*ABYCAT* Alice
03-04-2005, 11:47 AM
What a great trick! Just have to try that. Costello gets excited when I whisper, ‘cause that’s what I do when we look at birds in the garden.

catmandu
03-04-2005, 02:05 PM
Mago,really,jumps,very high! I dont think,that The Found Cats,can jump,that high,anymore.

rosethecopycat
03-04-2005, 02:30 PM
My Snowy knows the word 'bug' too.
If I tried that trick with him, I would be asking for close to 15 lbs of Meezer to jump up, and then shred our UV film on the window.
Not wise for us.

Nice to see your 'flyin' Aby'

:p

BastetsMum
03-04-2005, 02:45 PM
Oh goody! A new game for Bastet :)

Thanks Randi I was looking for something for her to do - now I have it :)

Vio&Juni
03-04-2005, 04:22 PM
Wow, Mango is such a sportscat!

koxka
03-04-2005, 05:43 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Randy_K
03-04-2005, 09:29 PM
sirrahbed, this was a dinner party. Peaches was content with stealing a sip of wine from any unattended glass and mooching cheese from the guests. She'd probably really like living in a California or French winery.

catnapper
03-04-2005, 09:38 PM
Does he have springs in his legs? What a jump!!! :eek: :D

kaoK'okung
03-04-2005, 11:53 PM
wow...very cool pics...what a great way to keep mango in shape...when my cat zip was younger i would rub my hand high on a wall or door and say "Zip!!...get it!!!" and she would jump very high after my hand...was really cool...

Randy_K
03-05-2005, 12:14 AM
Mango just passed his fourth birthday (February 12). Abys are pretty active their entire lives with lots of running and jumping and they are very strong. Mango can leap to the top of a door from the floor and land very gracefully. It still amazes me even though I've seen him do it lots of times.

Jayna78
03-05-2005, 03:05 AM
Wow - what a cool idea! My cats love to chase any moth or bug that gets in in the summer, or play with them on the glass doors and windows at night by swatting and jumping at them. :) Bailey and Leila are especially good at bug hunting.

Now that I've seen several of your abyssinians on your Web sites, it makes me think my Leila may have abyssinian in her background as I once thought. She can jump higher than any cat I've ever seen! She always manages to get up onto the highest places, ones that the other cats would never dare to attempt to reach, and anytime we play with her, she does flips through the air and lands gracefully, as well as just jumping straight into the air - probably a good 5 feet - and coming back down gracefully. Hmmm. :)