PDA

View Full Version : Update on Simon

micki76
03-03-2005, 10:30 PM
Well he still hasn't eaten, but apparently that's not that unusual for Bettas. :rolleyes: Theo's not a good eater either. I think I'll get some freeze dried shrimp brine this weekend and see how they like that. Tank's always been such a good eater, but now I have these two finicky fellas. *sigh*

He's swimming a lot more in his tank and his color looks better. He swam around looking at the mirror this evening for a while, but still didn't feel like flaring.

I keep him on my end table, and he's gotten pretty excited anytime I sit down tonight. Momma's Boy. :p

I did a 20% water change and treated the tank for ammonia, even though after testing again, it was still in the "ok" range. I also treated for Ick again today.

Anyway, thanks for all your help, advice, and good thoughts. Hopefully he's on the road to recovery.

PJ's Mom
03-03-2005, 10:33 PM
Yay Simon! :D

ramanth
03-04-2005, 01:49 PM
Yay for Simon. :D

RobiLee
03-06-2005, 04:36 PM
So glad to hear that Simon is doing better!

Robin :)

Logan
03-06-2005, 06:08 PM
I'm glad he is better, Micki. :)

My Peanuts
03-07-2005, 12:39 PM
I'm glad to hear Simon is better. Just a little piece of advice, the ick medicine is bad stuff. A lot of fish die from the treatment. A better way to treat ick and all sickness in fish is to buy FRESH WATER aquarium salt. It’s a lot cheaper than the medicine too. It also reduces stress and I use it with Drew (my betta). Read the directions but it’s easy. You probably don't have a heater for Simon, but if you do turn the heat up a bit. The heat and the salt will kill the ick and it's safer. If that fails, then use the ick meds. :)

micki76
03-07-2005, 01:33 PM
Thanks everyone. :) He's doing great today. I put live plants in all the tanks and it really perked everyone up. ;)

Diana, I've heard of the salt for fresh tanks before and almost bought some. I have 2 one gallon tanks and the directions were for larger tanks. My brain was sore, lol, and I had been out too long yesterday. I will look into it again when I'm not too tired to do the math. :D :rolleyes:

My Peanuts
03-07-2005, 05:37 PM
This is what I use. http://www.thatpetplace.com/Products/KW/salt/Class//T1/F72+1044+0074/EDP/930/Itemdy00.aspx
You might want to measure it out and add it slowly over a few hours for the first water change or two. Adding the salt too fast the first time can cause the little guy to go into shock.

It says one tablespoon for 5 gallons. Drew lives in a 2 gallon tanks so I just use a little less than half. The first time someone told me to use salt in my fresh water tank I thought they were crazy, but it got rid of the ick.