PDA

View Full Version : Canon Powershot A80

slleipnir
03-03-2005, 09:39 PM
-sigh-

Anyone know where you can get a decent used camera online? That you can actually trust? I really want the canon powershot a80, but I can't seem to find anywhere I would trust getting it from online. I'm THINKING about ebay, although I can't say I trust it at all...

slleipnir
03-04-2005, 08:33 AM
bump

anna_66
03-04-2005, 08:49 AM
Found this..
http://www.dealtime.com/xPO-Canon_PowerShot_A80

Don't know how much they ususally are so I'm not sure if these are good prices or not.
Hope you find one!

Logan
03-04-2005, 09:11 AM
Audrey, my husband bought his Olympus digital off of E-Bay. He has never had a problem with it, thank goodness. It was quite expensive, too.

Another idea is to get a copy of a photography magazine. They have TONS of ads for cameras, new and used. My ex bought a very nice camera that way when we were married. They probably have "classifieds" too in those magazines.

Good luck
Logan

slleipnir
03-04-2005, 09:49 AM
Thanks Anna and Logan. I'll probably go look at some magazines, but I -might- by the one off ebay. It's going for 160 canadian right now, but I'm sure it will go up. Although I really can't afford one right now lol :X

How do you know if you can trust ebayers? I mean, the guy has a great rating, but how do you know the camera will work like he says? And how do I know he didn't just rate himself? lol

christa
03-04-2005, 09:52 AM
I don't know if it's possible for him to rate himself . . . Has he sold a lot?

I'm more leery if a seller has less than 100 ratings.

My in-laws sent over 300 dollars to someone for camera on ebay. I think they sent a money order and it got cashed before they knew it . . . they never got their camera. I think ebay reimbursed them for like 200 of it, but they still lost some money.

They didn't check the ratings before they bid . . .

Just be careful.

My mom always says, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is. :)

slleipnir
03-04-2005, 10:00 AM
He has a 99.5% rating, with 800 people leaving ratings. He has there is a hairline scratch on the LCD monitor, I wouldn't want it to really be a BIG scratch...or worse, not get the camera or it doesn't work...but I REALLY want the camera, it's exactly what I want. The A95 is way to expensive for what I want too...

dukedogsmom
03-04-2005, 05:08 PM
Don't buy used! Wal Mart online has a Canon a85 for $274. Go check it out!

slleipnir
03-05-2005, 01:13 AM
I want the A80 though :(