PDA

View Full Version : Terrorists achieve!!!

carrie
10-23-2001, 04:28 PM
The terrorists that attacked the U.S.A. have begun to achieve what I predicted they would.

The world has started to change.

The IRA has started to decommission arms!!!!!

It is still an insult to let terrorists like Gerry Adams and his like (the minister for education in Northern Ireland being a prime example of where negotiating with these people will take you!) take the credit for these immense and historic changes.
The U.S.A. has awoken to the reality of terrorism in the most disgusting and horific way.
It is still a shock to realise that more Brits were affected by the outrages last month than on any other day in British terrorism history.......we do have quite a terrifying history.
Money from the U.S.A. has now stopped.
Support from ex-pats has now stopped.
The IRA is running scared, great news, but so many splinter groups are now emerging that I urge you all to take care with charity linked, in any way, to Ireland.

jackiesdaisy1935
10-23-2001, 04:41 PM
Carrie, not only has the world changed but everyone's life has changed and I wish I could say for the better. I agree with you, people should be well aware of where their money for charity is going, investigate the cause before you give.
America was a sleeping giant, life was good, everyone felt safe, as they say a "chicken in every pot". That changed on September 11 and I believe we are waking up to the fact that many countries were living through this hell we didn't really take seriously.
People here, I believe, are united in their quest to destroy the terrorists, make the world a better place where one can find peace and tranquility. Until that happens
"United we stand, Divided we fall".
Jackie

kobieeli
10-24-2001, 11:28 AM
Carrie, thanks for the interesting post. I don't know much about Irish politics, but these repercussions you speak of should make everyone sit up and take notice. I wonder, too, about other terrorist groups (like the Basque ETA, and some Latin American parties) and their splinters: when the US and Britain have their backs turned, so to speak, and are distracted by the Middle East, what might these other people begin planning?

purrley
10-24-2001, 12:14 PM
With all this terrorist business going on you can imagine how I feel being we are to host the Winter Olympics here in SLC this February. I keep hoping they get cancelled, but as the officals say - that would just be giving in to the terrorists. It's still very worrisome though. I'll be staying as far away from the venues as I can, but a couple of the events will be going on really close to my home :(

purrley
10-24-2001, 12:44 PM
Yeah that would be great providing they didn't take out the State of Utah too!!!

lizbud
10-24-2001, 12:45 PM
Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to say that my family is 2nd generation Irish/American.My maternal
grandparents imigrated to this country in
the early 1900's.I am enormously proud of my
Irish heritage!!However I never have nor will
support any terrorists agents or activities..
My Grandmother,who was like a second Mother to me,lived with us and cared for us when my
Mother had to work outside the home.She often
told us how scary is was when her village
was overrun by the"Black and Tans".(RIC) in
Ireland at that time.You could be shot for no reason and have no recourse under British
imposed restrictions.Ireland was and is a
country under occupation by another country.
However, There is no HONOR in Terrorism,
no matter what country it comes from.I pray
that one day human beings will come to their senses,and find better ways of resolving
their differences. God Bless America...

purrley
10-24-2001, 01:23 PM
Lizbud - very nicely put - I agree totally :)