PDA

View Full Version : I am getting another ****** tomorrow:)

kt_luvs_kitties
03-03-2005, 09:16 PM
FERRET that is;)
I am SOSOSOSO excited. This morning when I got back form my trip, I went to take my dad for surgery, around 7:00 am, and while he was waiting (about an hour) I headed down the road to a local pet store to see the ferrets.

I have been looking for an addition, so my precious Ferra girl will have a playmate. I was just looking, honest;) And they did not have any ferrets in stock. I talked to a man whom worked there, and he said that I could not bring Ferra in to interact with the other ferrets, that it was against policy. AND I wont get another ferret unless I know 100% that they will be ok with each other.

He then told me that a lady named Katie Does all the work with the breeder/ferrets in the store and she knows alot about them.
She came over, and I said that I wanted a female ferret, around Ferras ago (8 months to 1 year) and I did not care if it was from a breeder/rescue/ owner surrender.

She said that she knew I was adament on wanting a FEMALE ferret as a playmate for Ferra, but that she just received an owner surrendered male ferret the night before last, and that the previous owner could not keep him due to her husband being deployed, and Katie could not keep him (only a foster) because she was past her pet limit.

He is 8 months old, has a black mask, and a very white undercoat. I will be going to see him tomorrow at 4:00 and make a decision about keeping him. Of course, in North Carolina they MUST be spayed/descented at the time of purchase, so he is fixed and has his shots up to date. I just hope/pray that him and Ferra get along great. I WOULD LOVE to give this little guy an amazing home. I really hope all of this works out for the best. I already love him and I have never even seen him, lol;)

Any advice from owners on how to introduce ferrets to each other? Any advice on anything about having 2 ferrets?

Please pray for us tonight, that all is well. I am sure that I am going to get him, I NEED another ferret. The only question is, does Ferra? lol

Sorry this is so long, just had to share:D:D:D

aly
03-03-2005, 11:19 PM
Congrats on your possible new addition. Maybe you should search for a ferret forum and ask your questions there. I've done lots of research on ferrets because I've always wanted one, but since I've never actually owned one, I'll leave the question answering to those who have.

Can't wait for pics of the new guy!

catmandu
03-04-2005, 01:56 PM
I have heard,that Ferrets,make Wonderful Pets,and can,be a lot,of fun,but they,do have to be bathed a lot.

tortuga55
03-07-2005, 12:13 PM
Go to http://www.ferretboard.com/ they all have ferrets and know the best ways to introduce ferrets to each other. I sugest taking it slow, the persons house you are going to it sounds like she knows a lot about ferrets so she should know what to do. Ferrets are often rough with each other when they first meet. They are just deciding whos boss.