PDA

View Full Version : Brodie & the water bowl.

christa
03-03-2005, 08:23 PM
What kind of water bowls do you all have?

EVERY NIGHT, Brodie somehow manages to get all the water from his bowl onto the floor, and usually the bowl is 10 feet away from where it should be. We've tried putting it in the corner, taking the mat out from under it . . . I just don't know what else to do!!!

I've thought that maybe I could get a huge dog bowl, one that would be harder for him to move . . . and I think I've seen the stainless steel bowls with the rubber gripper bottoms? I might have to try that.

I think the problem is that he LOVES water! He gets in the shower, the sink . . . doesn't mind getting squirted at all!

Anyone else have crazy messy kitties???

:rolleyes:

sirrahbed
03-03-2005, 08:56 PM
Christa - we use a PetFlow fountain but before that we also bought flat bottom dog crocks. They do help!!

kt_luvs_kitties
03-03-2005, 08:57 PM
You could try a PetZazz water dispenser from Petsmart. They are like 8.99 and my moms cats love them. They also have a Fresh Flow Pet water dispenser also at Petsmart. BUT you can also get them at some local department stores. They are a little more in price, I paid 25.99 for mine. BUT they cats cant spill over the water, and it stays cold/fresh. They can still play with it, but not get the WHOLE bowl all over the place;) Hope this helps:D

christa
03-04-2005, 06:42 AM
I'm gonna have to do something . . . it was turned over again this morning.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

CalliesMom
03-04-2005, 08:10 AM
My kitties hate water so they are fine with the stainless steel D-A-W-G bowls.

trinity
03-04-2005, 08:22 AM
Our Bouncer did that...and we ended up with a ceramic bowl designed for 50-75 pound dogs...she can't move that one. Ever once in a while though...she tries and it sounds like she is playing a gong.

catmandu
03-04-2005, 08:38 AM
I would try,the Big Jug Like Water Dispenser,or a steel bowl,as you say,with rubber feet,as I do,with the canned food,so BoBo,doesnt tip,it over.

rkidsrcats
03-04-2005, 08:47 AM
Yep - we got the heaviest big dog water dish we could find because we have not one....but 3 cats who love to tip over the water dishes and play in the water! We even got a big rubber dish (at the feed & tack store) and put a bowl of water in it so Norbert could play with the water and tip over the bowl. It is one of his major sources of entertainment. And Tiger will get wet up to his elbows in the big water dish.

We don't ask why....our duty s just to serve our little princes! :D

RICHARD
03-04-2005, 11:23 AM
And take away the Brodster's fun???

I love the thrill of sliding my foot forward, in the dark of night, trying to find the new positioning of the water bowl!

:D

rosethecopycat
03-04-2005, 02:31 PM
Stainless steel doggie bowls here too.

Craftlady
03-04-2005, 03:17 PM
Ceramic dish in kitchen.
PetMate water fountain in computer room.

Cataholic
03-04-2005, 07:24 PM
Good gosh, I thought Monte was the only one that did this. It is ANNOYING. Water everywhere.

So, I now have a bowl of water inside a larger bowl. He can't tip the water out. Silly cats...