PDA

View Full Version : Godspeed to the Bridge, Harlee

K9soul
03-03-2005, 05:59 PM
My sister recently lost her dear dobie, Harlee :(. She had to make that incredibly difficult and heart-wrenching decision to help Harlee to the bridge because he was suffering from bone cancer, and his pain had gotten too great. I am posting this for her, and will show her the link, as we all know what a comfort it is to have those who understand what it is to love a dog, and lose or contemplate the loss of our furkids.

Here are a few of her words to me about her beloved Harlee:

He loved me so much, he would lean all his weight on me. He would sit on my feet. About 2 weeks before this happened I was trying to rake the leaves in his yard, and he wouldn't let me. He just kept following me and leaning on me and sitting right in the way, I eventually gave up and just sat with him and petted him. He was never much of a licker, but he leaned on me, he looked at me with such love , unconditional love, I feel lonely, ever so lonely knowing he is gone. I want to tell you more, but I need more time. Just know he did make me feel loved, and I loved him very deeply for his devotion.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/k9soul/Tasha%20and%20Tommy/Misc/Harlee.jpg

Play hard at the bridge sweet Harlee, with Shine and Sam, Cody and Willie, and all our Rainbow Bridge angels, until we are all reunited again someday.

Lexi_Lover
03-03-2005, 06:15 PM
Oh sweet Harlee:(Play hard at the Rainbow Bridge. You are such a handsome boy, you sound like a wonderful companion. Watch over Mom, and make sure you send us a sign. You are pain-free and youthful!

:(God-speed my friend, Rest In Peace Harlee:(

tatsxxx11
03-03-2005, 06:23 PM
Oh Jess:( Thank you so much for sharing your sister's cherished Harlee with us all. What a magnificent animal and what a beautiful soul, best friend and loyal companion. How the tears fell when I read how he loved to lean...So often in the course of our daily lives, wrapped up in our daily chores, the pups step in and demand our attention, urging us to drop our rakes, our shovels, the laundry, to do what is truly important, give and receive love.

My most heartfelt and sincere condolences to Julia on the loss of her beloved Harlee. We have all known that unspeakable grief she is experiencing right now and our hearts go out to her:( And I hope knowing that animal lovers from all over the world, who know the enormity of her loss are thinking of her, will give her some small measure of comfort.

Harlee, your Mom is missing you so. Please send down your love to comfort her during these sad days. And wait patiently there at the Rainbow Bridge until that glorious and joyful day of reunion. Run and play with the wind in your tail, beautiful Harlee.

Love, Sandra

LorraineO
03-03-2005, 06:45 PM
Oh,, such a grand looking boy he was,,, and will forever be!!! You were so lucky to have the love of that gorgeous dober boy.... as a fellow dobie mommy,, I want to say how sorry I am you suffered his loss......

Lorraine O and LucyBelle... my dobergirl.

Cinder & Smoke
03-03-2005, 08:15 PM
:(

My, what a STUNNING Furr-Angel you're going to be, Harlee!

{{{HUGS}}} to sister Julia ~ tell he she's welcome to stop by
anytime for more words of comfort.

/s/ :( Phred

popcornbird
03-03-2005, 08:58 PM
Oh Jessica. :( I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of your sister's dear Harlee. Losing a pet is never easy. We all feel her pain, and wish her comfort and love at this difficult time. Thanks for sharing the story of Harlee with us.

slick
03-03-2005, 10:01 PM
RIP dear Harlee! Enjoy your wings and your eternal life at the RB sweetie! :(

ramanth
03-04-2005, 12:00 PM
I'm so sorry for you and your sisters loss. :( :(

RIP Harlee. :(

Sudilar
03-04-2005, 04:14 PM
How very handsome Harlee was! Run and play painfree at RB, Harlee! Your sister gave Harlee the greatest love anyone could have given, release from pain, even though it meant losing Harlee. He will live on in her heart forever. Hugs.

trayi52
03-04-2005, 04:24 PM
So sorry to hear of your sister's loss. I know she will miss Harlee so very much. He sounded like a very loving companion.

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your sister at this time.

Willie:(

RobiLee
03-04-2005, 04:31 PM
It saddens me to read about Harlee. Thank you for letting us know, Jessica. I do hope your sister stops by and maybe even joins us so we can offer her some comfort.

Julia, I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet Harlee. What a gorgeous boy. Most of us here know and share your pain. I wish I had some magic words to ease that pain you are feeling. Hold on to all of your wonderful memories of Harlee. He will always be in your heart. You have my most sincere and deepest sympathy.

Harlee, I know that you are free from pain now and having so much fun playing at the Bridge. Say hello to my girl Chloe for me, ok? Keep an eye on your mommy. She is hurting now and needs to feel your love.

Rest In Peace, Dear Harlee.

Robin :(

roscoe3
03-18-2005, 11:30 PM
the pain one feels when given such a tragic diagnosis is incoceivable, especially when it is with one of our beloved dogs. Some people cannot understand the pain we have and the major decision we have to make. My heart is breaking with my decision, and only hope that with time it will heal

pitc9
03-19-2005, 06:56 AM
Jessica, thank you for sharing such a heart wrenching note from your sister. I'm sure you're feeling the loss as well with such a stunning dog as Harlee.

Julia, please know that he is running free now, no longer in pain, and he's watching over you every second.

~*hugs*~ to you all during this time.

RIP Harlee

My mom lost her Harley the end of January, she was a Pom/Poo.

Until we all meet again.