PDA

View Full Version : Doggie likes and dislikes

PJ's Mom
03-03-2005, 05:25 PM
Sometimes I think my dogs are a little weird because of what they like or don't like.

For example, Peej hates raw meat. He hates having his feet touched. He hates drinking water from a bowl. He has to drink out of a cup so his ears don't get dipped into his water. :rolleyes:

He loves chasing the laser, sitting in my lap, and when I tell him I'm gonna kiss his little cheek, he leans over and lets me. :) (my sweet boy)

Bailey hates having her feet touched and she hates going to the vet.

She loves playing "where's Bailey". That's where she's standing right in front of me and I'll keep asking where Bailey is. She barks a lot, jumps on me and grabs a toy. It's a sure way to get her to play. She also loves just about any kind of attention you can give her. :)

What do your dogs hate and love?

aly
03-03-2005, 05:42 PM
Lolly hates carbs! :) If I give her a bite of sandwich, she carefully picks the meat and cheese out of the bread and leaves the bread on the floor for Reece to get. Even though it is always such a tiny piece of bread, she just won't eat it. When she has an upset stomach and I make her the hamburger and rice mixture, she leaves the rice and picks the hamburger out sooo carefully.

Dogz
03-03-2005, 05:42 PM
Prince hates baths and raw meat.
He loves tummy rubs and giving kisses.

Otis hates being outside.
He loves getting his ears scratched and sleeping.

Chubby hates carrots.
He loves swimming and playing fetch.

Digger hates toys. It is very rare when he does play with a toy.
He loves treats, peanut butter, etc.

:)

cali
03-03-2005, 05:49 PM
Happys hates pork hocks, the vet, Perky, and being groomed

Misty hates Blair getting in her way lol

Perky hates rain, and people touching her while she is laying down

Ripley hates....uhh getting his nails clipped, but he is fine with PB lol

Blair hates people he does not know, any person who acts aggressive in anyway(eg. walking in like they own the place) getting his feet touched, umm and not mush else lol

Shadow while she snot my dog anymore hates banannas lol she also hates fish and potato peels :p

GraciesMommy
03-03-2005, 06:08 PM
Gracie loves belly rubs, being held like a baby, running as fast as she can all over the back yard, sitting in my lap while I dry my hair or dry her, her daddy throwing her ball over and over for her, she loves being brushed and when she sees me gets the brush turn

She hates being left behind, going to the vet/groomers, getting nails clipped, not getting attention when she wants it

PJ's Mom
03-03-2005, 06:39 PM
I also have to throw in that Bailey hates office equipment. All office equipment. :rolleyes:

It makes me wonder what the poor thing went through before we got her.

Muddy4paws
03-03-2005, 06:55 PM
i got two dogs both spoilt rotten the way they should be :P

My lab has a habbit or helping herself to the shopping if its left on the floor, once my mum had to go out to get my sister from school and she left the shopping on the floor and found the bread eaten along with a few biscuits lol she was a good girl though! she left her dog biscuits :P she also LOVES fruit especially grapes she steals them from anyone who has them! she loves to be cuddled and she loves to sit on your lap which isnt too nice for that person seein as shes a over weight labby! shes a perfect dog shes got a perfect temperment and she wouldnt hurt a fly!!

My JR is crazy! shes scared of grapes unlike my other dog, she barks at it until its removed away from her lol she loves other dogs and shes too friendly with dogs and other people which isnt a good thing! she always wants to play and often get told off by other dogs! she loves cat biscuits aswell ever since we took her to the vet as a puppy the vet has given her cat biscuits!!

They both Love pasta with a passion! just plain pasta they have it occasionally as a treat when theres left overs

I will get some pics of them both soon! my jack russel is very photogenic! :)

Chica
03-03-2005, 07:14 PM
CHICA LOVES LAYING IN MY LAP WHILE WATCHING TV. ;) SHE ALSO LOVES SLEEPING IN MY BED EVERY NIGHT UNDER THE COVERS. :)

stacwase
03-03-2005, 08:11 PM
Jake disliked dog biscuits, but he was really polite about it. I'd give him one and he'd carry it very carefully in his mouth (so he wouldn't accidentally taste it) and then hide it somewhere. It was so precious. But - he liked soft treats and cheese.

Max doesn't dislike any foods at all. I swear - he'd eat brussels sprouts. But he really, really dislikes getting his nails clipped. It takes 4 vet techs to hold him down and they still come out frazzled! He loooves to run, even more than he loves food.

Aspen - ? I really don't know of any dislikes yet. She likes every food so far, and having her tummy rubbed and sleeping on the sofa.

PJ's Mom
03-03-2005, 10:35 PM
Max sounds like Bailey. She eats just about anything, too. :p

micki76
03-03-2005, 10:48 PM
*Chester likes the vet, riding in the car, taking a shower, barking at cats, chasing wasps, and being squirted with the water hose.
*He dislikes cats, people in his front yard, mice, moles, rats, pretzels, certain cuss words (they upset him, lol), and lol, when my husband farts. :o Chester gets the most disgusted look on his face (learned it from me) and LEAVES the room!

*Millie likes having her tummy rubbed, kisses, sunbathing, walks,the corner of the sectional, and anything with a squeaker in it.
*She dislikes people, strangers, the vet, petsmart, the car, having her nails trimmed, a shower, and children.

*Cinny likes playing, digging, running, walks, her crate, her DUCKY!, my fish tanks, all people, her Daddy, worms from the yard, and chewing.
*She dislikes, having her feet touched, nails trimmed, when you get up off the couch (she ALWAYS jumps up, looking freaked out), and when C1 & M bark.

Oggyflute
03-03-2005, 10:50 PM
Oggy hates baths and Flute hates loud noises. They both love anything remotely edible though.:D

cyber-sibes
03-03-2005, 11:08 PM
Star hates being brushed, especially her tail. She hates lightening storms. She loves Pepsi, french fries, and her squeaky-babies (even though she disembowels them and rips off their limbs!) She also loves kitties.
Sherman hates strangers (people or dogs) in his face. He loves anything edible, and giving me kisses (I like that too!) He loves to go for car rides.

K9karen
03-04-2005, 12:15 AM
Logan hates having her paws touched too!
She hates raw vegetables, squirrels and any other critter that invades her turf! The mailman and other dogs (sorry) :(
She doesn't really hate anything else but tries to be tolerant of grooming. She's skittish of anything tinny or aluminum or that makes that "ding' sound.

She LOVES her squeaky toys, rawhide bones, being caressed and kissed, car rides, chasing those critters, and sneaking up on sofas and bed to sleep.Oops..forgot her #1 hate..going to the vet!

vinjashira
03-04-2005, 06:13 AM
Snowy loves her food, playing with her toys, seeing other dogs and people, and sleeping on the couch.
She hates rain or getting wet in general.

melandchico
03-04-2005, 06:24 AM
Goliath loves car rides, belly rubs, kisses, walks, other dogs, canoe camping, anybody that will pay attention to him, snow banks, peanut butter, cheese, being brushed and Animal Planet.

He hates baths, swimming, rain, and being left home (especially if the canoe is on the car).

RobiLee
03-04-2005, 07:29 AM
Katie hates having her nails trimmed and Tori hates bath time.

Both love playing with each other and stuffie toys. Katie loves following her daddy around and watching every thing he does.

Robin :)