PDA

View Full Version : John intended to post this

Randi
03-03-2005, 01:15 PM
Fister has never been a very playful cat, after all these years he is still pretty nervous, but he seems very happy and contented with his lot in his 5-star residence. In the early days he had a scrappy little bit of string that we had found in the yard, and he used to love racing around after it. Later on he got very attached to a little ball of wool, constantly pushing it under the furniture so that he could fetch it out again. But apart from that his favorite past times were chilling out on the bed with us and trading headbumpies.

But recently a local supermarket had a good offer for a cat tree (under $15!) so I raced out on my bicycle in the freezing cold to get it. Finally, we thought, a toy that Fister would like!
But … did he like it - was he happy? HA!

He has completely ignored it. He gave it a quick sniff when we erected it, and since then he's acted as if it just didn't exist! It's got a lovely little mousy thing hanging on a string (though that wouldn't last two seconds if he decided to go for it), a cosy little box to hide in, and a lovely rope covered scratching pole. The only thing he has shown even the faintest interest in is of course - THE BOX it came in!

I've always liked the fact that he was such an independent guy, that's what having a cat is all about, the challenge was enjoyable. But I must admit that he can be really, really frustrating sometimes nowadays.

Grrrrrrrrrrr!

The above was on the desktop, and I'm sure John meant to post it. I added the pictures only.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/Fister/Fister--cat-tree-100055.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/Fister/Fister--cat-tree-1-120064.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/Fister/Fister--cat-tree-3-120067.jpg
The only reason Fister went up there was that we'd put a few shrimps on top

momoffuzzyfaces
03-03-2005, 01:20 PM
Aw, Randi, THANK YOU for posting this.
I'm sitting here grinning :D with tears in my eyes. It's like getting a present from you and John. So wonderful that we have at least one more of his Fister tails!
(((HUGS)))

Uabassoon
03-03-2005, 01:22 PM
Aww what cute pictures, it's nice to see Fister around.

Thank you so much for posting this and sharing with us.

catlover4ever
03-03-2005, 01:29 PM
Randi, thank you for sharing the story and pictures with us. (((hugs)))

RICHARD
03-03-2005, 01:35 PM
Thank you.

And how is Fister?

LoudLou
03-03-2005, 01:41 PM
Thank you, Randi. For posting for John. My heart is smiling but my eyes are leaking.

Glad to see you checking in. http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons6/6.gif

K9soul
03-03-2005, 01:49 PM
Randi, I had gone back and read all of John's Fister tales a couple weeks or so ago. Thank you so much for posting this parting gift of John's. It is equally wonderful and painful, having both tears and smiles as I read it. Thank you so much for sharing this, and gentle hugs to you. It is so very good to see you again.

carole
03-03-2005, 01:51 PM
Randi that was so special to read, and lovely that you posted it, I felt sad and happy at the same time, his story was cute and typical of a kitty, wasn't it? it would have been a hard thing for you to do, we really appreciate it,John will continue to be in our hearts and memories here on PT, and we are all here for you anytime.

Vio&Juni
03-03-2005, 02:00 PM
John left a nice present for all of us - another Fister tale. Thank you, Randi, for posting it.

Fister looks cute trying to reach that top.

Edwina's Secretary
03-03-2005, 02:05 PM
Randi....thank you for posting John's tail of his beloved Fister....

Maybe one day Fister will decide to play on his cat tree!

aly
03-03-2005, 02:18 PM
Thank you Randi. *HUGS* and prayers for you.

catmandu
03-03-2005, 02:26 PM
Thank You,So Much,Randi,for posting,that,and we are so glad,to see that post,and to hear from John.and,to hear from You,as well.

slick
03-03-2005, 02:36 PM
:( :( I'm sorry, but I just don't have many words right now.

Thanks for posting this Randi.

luv
slick xoxoxo

tatsxxx11
03-03-2005, 02:38 PM
Oh Randi:) What a beautiful last gift, one final Fister Tail John left for us. Thank you so much for sharing it with us all, and the precious pictures of Fister too. It's as though he were right here with us. But then again he is, isn't he? You are in my heart and mind every day, friend. It's so good to have your beautiful spirit back here with us. Love and warm hugs, Sandra

gini
03-03-2005, 02:57 PM
Randi, Sandra has said exactly what I was rummaging around in my mind for..................

BEAUTIFUL SPIRIT!

That is what each of you brought individually to Pet Talk. It has been so difficult for all of us to lose John..........

But if we were to lose your beautiful spirit too..........it would just be too much.

Thank you for sharing John's pictures and story of Fister..........we will be seeing more of Fister through you I hope.

jenluckenbach
03-03-2005, 03:03 PM
Bless you for posting this for us in memory of John.

It is nice to hear from you and nice to see Fister, too.

Prairie Purrs
03-03-2005, 03:48 PM
Thank you so much for sharing this.

Randi
03-03-2005, 03:54 PM
I'm glad you liked John's last post - I thought you would. :)

Yes, Fister adored John and John loved Fister as much. Here' s a typical picture of when John were working - Fister always made sure he was noticed, and it wasn't always easy for John to get his drawings out from under Fister.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/Fister/Fister-by-computer-2-1677.jpg

Barbara
03-03-2005, 04:07 PM
Randi good to see you here- posting that last gift of John! I thought PT was not the same without you and definitely not without Fister. :) {{{{Hugs}}}}

QueenScoopalot
03-03-2005, 05:15 PM
Awww..typical of so many kitties to ignore such a gift from a human, and a wonderful sounding one at that. I'm going to sit down soon and read the many stories John posted about Fister. Thanks for sharing this one. :)

Logan
03-03-2005, 07:00 PM
How precious, Randi!!!! :) John's parting story is wonderful, and it is so wonderful to hear from you and see Fister. I'm sure he helps to keep you entertained if he is anything like the male cat in this house!!!! :eek:

We love you. So good to have you back.

Logan

wolflady
03-03-2005, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Randi

Yes, Fister adored John and John loved Fister as much. Here' s a typical picture of when John were working - Fister always made sure he was noticed, and it wasn't always easy for John to get his drawings out from under Fister.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/Fister/Fister-by-computer-2-1677.jpg

***hugs***

What a special post this is! Thanks for letting us see:) It definitely is a nice treat and good to see you posting again. Fister is such a character. I just love him! :)

Leave it to cats to like the boxes better than the things that came in them! :rolleyes: LOL

**hugs and prayers still on the way**

MULTICATMOM
03-03-2005, 07:19 PM
MY CATS LOVE BOXES:rolleyes: PLEASE DON'T LET GET OUT THAT THEY ARE NOT "CAT TOYS"...

WELCOME BACK!!:D :D

Corinna
03-03-2005, 07:21 PM
Thank you This is the best end to a very emotional day for me. My adult kids and I went to welcome home one of the largest gaurd units home after 15 months in Iraq. 160 solders. I was bawling like a baby. And now to see a John post all good tears today.
Glad you are able to share it with us.

sirrahbed
03-03-2005, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Randi

oh YES!:D I went back and read every Fister tale I could find and this final one was a special treat. Thank you for posting it, Randi. (((HUGS)))

Cincy'sMom
03-03-2005, 07:22 PM
What a special story. Thank for sharing it with us. Hugs to you and Fister both

AmberLee
03-03-2005, 07:47 PM
*sniff!*

What a beautiful story. And to think of John thinking of Fister and reporting on Fister's doings to PT... More happy/bittersweet sniffles!

Thank you, Randi, for thinking enough of us to share this.

{{{hugs}}}

Karen
03-03-2005, 08:15 PM
Classic Fister antics told in Jonza's inimitable way.

Cats, ya gotta love 'em. They're independent enough when they've a mind to be, but never when you'd like them to be. I had a whole sketchbook one summer that John would have appreciated - I only could draw on the part of the page NOT covered by Cat.

One day you'll come home to fister perched on the cat tree ... but only when you've given up hope. Maybe Pjevs would like it? ;)

koxka
03-03-2005, 10:10 PM
Randi, I'm so happy to see you back on line!!!!:)
I'm missing you here! :(

a local supermarket had a good offer for a cat tree (under $15!) so I raced out on my bicycle in the freezing cold to get it. Finally, we thought, a toy that Fister would like!
But … did he like it - was he happy? HA!

Tipycal cat lover, tipycal cat. :D
Fister had to jump for his shrim, though .:D

rg_girlca
03-03-2005, 10:45 PM
That was so special. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Great to see you posting and to see that handsome boy Fister.

Aspen and Misty
03-03-2005, 10:50 PM
Randi,

Thank you for shareing! What a lovly story and how wonderful Fister is.

::HUGS:: Your still in my thoughts,
Ashley

krazyaboutkatz
03-04-2005, 12:05 AM
Randi, Thanks for sharing John's last thread with us. I'm so glad to see you posting again.:) {{{HUGS}}}

CalliesMom
03-04-2005, 03:44 AM
Yes that was a wonderful last tribute. Hopefully Fister will learn to love his cat tree..kitties can be so finicky!

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-04-2005, 03:49 AM
Aw, thank you so much for sharing this last thread of John with all of us, Randi!! This is like a present from John, about his dearest cat Fister. So precious!!!
I am happy to see ye posting agin, Randi! We all love you here!!:)

Killearn Kitties
03-04-2005, 04:02 AM
Thank you so much for sharing another of John's Fister stories with us. It's delightful and funny, as always.

The picture of Fister balancing on the top with his bribe of shrimps is absolutely hilarious! :D

catlady1945
03-04-2005, 05:43 AM
What a nice Fister story. Thank you for sharing.

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-04-2005, 08:31 AM
Thankyou for sharing this with us. You are still so much in my thoughts (((HUGS)))

Julie

trayi52
03-04-2005, 09:00 AM
Randi, thank you for posting this sweet and wonderful last post of Johns. Nice to see Fister in action again.

I read this last post with tears of joy in my eyes and my heart. Randi, it is so good to see you posting again, you know that if you need anything, and I mean anything at all we are all here for you.

Keep us posted on Fisters antics!

Willie:)

Kirsten
03-04-2005, 01:05 PM
Randi, it's with tears in my eyes that I read John's last post - thanks for having the strength to share it with us.

Like the others have said, it's nice to see you posting again, and to look at Fister's funny pics.

(((HUGS))) to both of you,

Kirsten

jazzcat
03-04-2005, 01:36 PM
Thank you Randi.

ramanth
03-04-2005, 02:01 PM
Thank you so much for sharing that with us Randi. *hugs*

That image of Fister leaning against the monitor is so precious.

kaoK'okung
03-04-2005, 11:12 PM
randi...what a beautiful post and pics of fister...i know hard it must have been to post that, but you defintely did the right thing, as John has obviously affected so many people....(i hope that i am not offending you, or anyone else because i'm so new to pet talk..it's only that i have been where you are now and i feel the need to help if i can...)...