PDA

View Full Version : this this contest legit?

cali
03-03-2005, 01:13 PM
does anyone know if this http://cutestpetcontest.com/ is a legit contest? I got the same type of letter about an pic of Misty I entered a long time ago from a totally unrelated contest, but I cant find anything bad about this one. I got a letter today saying my photo of Kari that I entered is a semi finalist, and has a good chance of winning $100, and also that they are publishing it in a book(this made me leary as the other contest made the same claim lol) the book is called "cutest pets around the globe" and is WAAAAYYYYYY cheaper at the publishers price then the other one lol the pulishers price there cost like $80 lol this one $39.95 lol I am just curious if this is a legit contest I dont want to get my hopes up for nothing lol

petslover
03-03-2005, 02:19 PM
I entered Tiger in it, and they sent me a letter wanting me to buy a book from them. :rolleyes:

GraciesMommy
03-03-2005, 02:32 PM
Same here..they published it in a so called artists book of photography and wanted me to pay a ridiculous amount to buy one..I think EVERY pic is chosen for the book IF you are gullible enough to buy one..same thing happened with my poetry..I entered one and it was "chosen" then they sent me a letter trying to sell me a poetry book

smokey the elder
03-03-2005, 03:05 PM
I don't think it passes the ol' smell test.

cali
03-03-2005, 03:43 PM
graciesmom that sounds like the contest I entered Misty in, this is is unlreated, and it ONLY a cutest pet contest not a bunch of others this one actually seems mor real the the other one lol the other one was charging ridculaous prices for the book, and the prizes were medels or something, this one apperntly calls your local newspaper if you win etc.. I dunno on the last contest I looked it up and found a TON of people who got the same thing, this one though I have found nothing...which is why I am so unsure lol

RICHARD
03-03-2005, 04:05 PM
When you send a pic in you release the right to own the photo.

That gives them the right to print and make money on your photo.

You don't win the 100 dollars but you do get the chance to buy a book, They just have to award ONE prize in order to keep from being called a "mail scam".

Check the entry for and I bet there is a line that says something like...

By entering your photo in this contest you release all ownership rights and let ------------ use it in any fashion they choose....

cali
03-03-2005, 04:12 PM
actually it says on the letter next to the little picture of my photo

"Copyrights Owner: Shayna C****"

obviously it actually says my last name lol I do doubt there is a $100 prize though lol