PDA

View Full Version : I need ideas..

luvofallhorses
03-03-2005, 10:53 AM
My best friend, Vanessa is having a baby shower next Tuesday. She already had the baby. Does anyone have any good gift ideas? Thanks in advance:)

Corinna
03-03-2005, 11:06 AM
My usual baby gift is a diper pail with items you never have til you need them . Thermometer , asprin, pedilite, diaper rash ontment, teething rings, and things like that. My mom and greandma were nurses so its just a natural gift for us.

chrangharris
03-03-2005, 11:32 AM
I was going to say something similiar to Corina- a basket filled with basic infant first aid items- theremoter, aspirator (the nose suction thingy), vaseline, infant tylenol, infant cold, infant cough and cold, diaper rash cream, cornstarch (can be found next to the baby powder), teething gel (oragel), toothpaste, toothbrush (it is sold together for infants), lotion, teething rings, cloth diapers (they make great burp rags!), wipes, diapers. Just wander around the baby section and pick up a lot of little things. Some of this stuff is sold in the pharamacy/health and beauty section- they normally have a baby section.

chrangharris
03-03-2005, 11:32 AM
Just thought- Get a gift receipt so if they have duplicates, they can return things easily!!!

misterduke
03-03-2005, 11:38 AM
My last baby shower I made a diaper cake-
-roll up diapers
-tie with ribbon or string(whatever you have)
-built your layers with the diapers
-tie each layer with ribbon - (you can make it as high as you want-1tier, 2tier - i made a 3 tier)
-insert a baby bottle in the middle
-then attach with ribbon all the different items you want
(i attached bibs rolled up/rattles/baby nail clippers)
anything to decorate your cake

was a big hit!

Dominique