PDA

View Full Version : Grateful

Snowy's Mommy
09-14-2001, 04:58 PM
Hi everyone,

Thank you Thelmalu, Aly, Delidog, Logan, and Daisy's Mom for the caring words. Sandra, I am so happy your husband is safe.

There was a bomb scare in my building yesterday, so I had to leave the city and go back to Fort Lee.....my office was closed today as well--this is the first time I have been online in a day...I have been numb.

Thelmalu, you are in the thick of things down in the city and please keep the faith..I know it's tough--everytime I see the pictures of those victims on TV---I lose it too.

It just makes me feel very grateful that we have such caring people that are helping out in this horrible situation....and that every single day is precious.

Jordan

tatsxxx11
09-14-2001, 06:14 PM
Jordan, thank you for your kind words. My husband's office used to be in Fort Lee, at One Bridge Plaza. Another tall building....Yes, he is ok.

Sadly, for me and my family, hopes seems to be waning for finding another memeber of our family. Buff, my sister-in-law's brother whose office was on the 106th floor of the North Tower has not yet been found. The remainder of the family is presently in NYC searching the hospitals, armory, etc for any info.

Today, the family, my brother and sister-in-law, as well as Buff's wife Susan and his precious daughter Chloe, were guests on the Today Show, giving a description of Buff, requesting any info. anyone might have as to his whereabouts.

We all grew up together. Junji (my husband) and I, Kenny, my husband's brother and Lil, his wife, and Lil's brother Buff. Everyone married "the girl next door." We all kind of just "looked left" and worked our way down the street. Those were such happy days.

I am so unbelievably devestated. I, and everyone else, felt for sure that he probably was just having difficulties calling/getting home. Now our hopes are dimming as, well into day 4, we realize that his chances for survival beneath those many tons of bent steel and ash after so long a time, are slim.

Seeing Chole on TV being interviewed this morning was so incredibly hard ..."Tell us about your dad" she asked. "I miss him so much" stoic tears streaming down her gorgeous face. "He loves to work in the garden." That was all she could manage. Chloe tried so hard to be brave. I was so proud of her.

Now, I watch tearfully, my heart breaking, as dozens of families jockey before the TV cameras, craning their necks, thrusting forth their arms, hoping for just a moment of air time. A moment to share with the world their tattered homemade posters, scribbled with hastily written, illegible phone numbers; pictures of their missing loved ones during happier times; a wedding photo, vacation shot, smiling and carefree. "Have you seen her??" "Does anyone know where she is??" "No" they say. "We have not given up hope" as tears stream down their faces. "She's just lost; or dazed somewhere. We'll find her." Hope. They cling to hope. And so do I. Please God, if not mine, let one of these family's prayers come true. Let there be a miracle.

[ September 14, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

[ September 14, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

wolflady
09-14-2001, 06:42 PM
Sandra, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister-in-law's brother Buff missing. It is so sad seeing the families that have been hit by this tragedy :( It really pulls at the heartstrings when you see them on TV. My heart really goes out to them, because I can only imagine my agony if I were in their place. **hugs** to you and your family. Things will never be the same for anyone here in the aftermath of the attack. My thoughts and prayers are with you and everyone that has lost a family member or friends in this crisis. I'm so glad your husband is ok :)

Snowy's Mommy
09-14-2001, 07:12 PM
Sandra,

I am so sorry about Buff. My hopes are with you and your family.

My heart breaks as well at the desperation on those faces holding the pictures of their loved ones..

I will say a prayer for Buff in hopes that Go d has spared him.

We are all here for you and please keep sending messages, thoughts, feelings-- anything that you need to say, we are here.

Jordan

4 feline house
09-14-2001, 07:47 PM
Your family is in my prayers. I will also add your family to my church's prayer list. I will also pass the word around at work Monday.

Pam
09-15-2001, 07:23 AM
Sandra I am so, so sorry to read that your sister-in-law's brother is missing. What a horror your family is living right now. Your note was so beautifully written in the midst of your own personal anguish. It explains to us first hand the thoughts that must be going through multiplied thousands of people's minds as they, too, await word on their loved ones. We will all be praying for your family for God's peace at this horrific time. My son's best friend's brother worked at the Pentagon and was injured but is going to be fine. Some of the survivors, though being eternally grateful for getting out alive, will probably have future guilt as they wonder "why me?"

tatsxxx11
09-15-2001, 07:52 AM
Thank you so much everyone. Today the sun is shining and the digging can continue. I will NOT give up hope. Miracles do happen. Sandra

gini
09-15-2001, 09:21 AM
Sandra, there is an ache in my heart for you and your family. Please know I will include all of you in my prayers.

Daisy's Mom
09-16-2001, 01:19 AM
Sandra your post made me cry. I am so sorry about Buff. I will pray that he is found. How old is Chloe? I hope her Daddy will once more work in his garden.

tatsxxx11
09-16-2001, 08:42 AM
Thank you everyone. Chloe is 10 years old. She is so devoted to her father; a real "daddy's girl." She has always been a beautiful girl, on the inside and outside. Hope, however does seem to be fading, but a small flame still flickers.

I keep thinking, in the next day or week or month, I will be attending funeral and memorial services and I can't stop crying. My husband didn't tell me until today, but several of his business associates, company lawyers and employees are missing. Ms. Kuroda-san, a long time employee of my husband's luckily, had just gone down to the lower level convenience store as the first plane struck. She was rescued.

It is getting harder for me, not easier as the shock wears away and reality sets in. Last night I dreamed that Cape Cod finally opened up a doggie park, with a big pond. Star, Cody and all the doggie's were diving and swimming. I saw Star do a big dive in the water but she never came up. Then, a big explosion as they bombed the doggie park. I woke up crying and grabbed in the dark to find the girls. I hope today that they can remove some more of the debris and find people alive, trapped in the lower ground floors where the subways and shopping malls are. I pray this not just for my own, but for all of the incredibly devestated families wandering teh streets of NY, still clinging to hope.

Some posititve thoughts though spirit us on. Over 300 canines called into action. If there is any hope left, it will be these angels that will find them. I was glad to see that a mobile canine hospital has been set up at the sight. There are more donations of dog food, boots, etc. than the city knows what to do with. Animal rescue is in full force. Pets left home, their guardians missing or dead, have been "rescued" by friends and neighbors. Others are beind fostered until they may be reunitied with their families. Sandra

Eudora
09-16-2001, 09:47 AM
I hope you all are OK and that your families are all well, no one is missing (touch wood!). I don't really know what to say about anything... my sister couldn't even understand what was happening. She looked at the airplane flying into the building and asked me if it was real... Anyway, I'm praying for you all...

jackiesdaisy1935
09-16-2001, 09:55 AM
Sandra, so sorry about your sister-in-laws brother, we can never lose hope.
Jackie

Gio
09-17-2001, 07:17 AM
Sandra, I'm terribly sorry for what you and your whole family is going through. I will keep you all in my thoughts. Please take care
Love Gio

RachelJ
09-17-2001, 09:32 AM
Sandra, I finally found your posts. I am so sorry there is no good news. I can only begin to imagine the pain in your family, as it is almost too much to bear just knowing of the pain of so many, many people. My heart goes out to you and your family.

thelmalu99
09-17-2001, 10:22 AM
Sandra,
I don't know what to say except that you and your family are in my prayers and thoughts and that I do sincerely hope that Buff will be found and reunited with his family.
Love,
Thelma

Dixieland Dancer
09-17-2001, 11:07 AM
Sandra,
I will also be praying that they find your sister's brother in law. I will also pray for peace and comfort for your family and especially for Chloe.

Albea
09-17-2001, 12:17 PM
Dear Sandra:
I'm so sorry you and your family have to go through this terrible pain. I hope that Buff is found alive and well; there is always room for miracles. Perhaps the rescue dogs will be the ones to perform this miracle.
You and yours are in my thoughts.
Alicia

tatsxxx11
09-17-2001, 03:11 PM
Thank you so, so much everyone. Sadly, neither he, nor any other of the "missing" have been found alive today. I am not giving up hope though. If anyone can perform a miracle, those heroic, incredible 4 leggers will. Now, I have to go to the vet with Star. She starting peeeing blood this afternoon after being treated 2 weeks ago for a UTI. :( Love to you all. Sandra

tatsxxx11
09-18-2001, 05:56 AM
Dear Everyone. Buff was postitively identified as one of the dead last night. The funeral is Sat. I can't write anymore right now. Sandra

Pam
09-18-2001, 06:20 AM
Oh Sandra what a sad day this is for you. I imagine that your hope ended with a single phone call. I pray now that the Lord will wrap his arms around you and your family and give you some peace. We grieve with you Sandra.

Gio
09-18-2001, 07:03 AM
Dear Sandra,
I cannot even start to express how terribly sorry and upset I am for you, your family and especially for young Chloe. My entire family sends their deepest sympathy. I wish I could be nearer to hug you. We are all here for you. Love Gio

Karen
09-18-2001, 07:36 AM
Sandra, I am so sorry that Buff didn't survive, but I am glad that at least he was found and identified, to put an end to the interminable waiting. Waiting, sometimes, is the worst part. Our hearts and prayers are with you and your family.

Dixieland Dancer
09-18-2001, 07:54 AM
Dear Sandra,
I am so sorry to hear about Buff. Our prayers are with your family for strength and peace. Please know that justice for this tragic act of cowardice is being sought. My son was deployed to the middle east to fight for our freedom from future terroristic attacks. May they be successful!

karen israel
09-18-2001, 08:06 AM
Oh my dear, sad Sandra. Since I haven't been able to keep up w/PT lately, Logan has kept me informed. I honestly, don't know what to say, There are no words to express my sadness. As awful as it sounds, I'm glad Buff was identified so his family can lay him to rest. My friend at work has a lost cousin so the feeling of helplessness and sadness plus anger, is overwhelming. I pray that God gives you and yours the strength to endure. Please take care of your wee self, as getting ill will not be beneficial for carrying on. The girls need you as much as you need them. On these holy days for me, I will pray with all my heart that you all will be blessed with peace and solace and that you will be watched over and protected in your time of need

Logan
09-18-2001, 08:31 AM
Sandra, you know how sorry we all are. I have emailed you privately, but please know that you and your family are in our prayers, as all of you are during this terrible time.

Our love to you all.
Logan, Helen, Honey, Lilly, Mimi, Butter, etc.

Stenograsaurus
09-18-2001, 09:20 AM
Oh, Sandy, I am so sorry. I do agree with K9Karen about closure with being able to lay him to rest. I remember receiving the phone call about my father's sudden death. He was in another State when the accident happened. (He was a truck driver). We recieved the phone call Wed. night/Thurs. morning. Until we were able to have the viewing, it didn't seem real. We were able at that moment to start to feel a little bit of closure.
I don't know of any words that will help you right now but I just want you to know that I am thinking of your whole family, extended included. I am sending you some strength, love and a whole lot of prayers.
Oops, almost forgot, good luck with Star. Hopefully he just needed treated longer for the UTI. Good luck to you.

3-greys-and-a-mutt
09-18-2001, 09:30 AM
So sorry about Buff. I feel for little Chloe, but I am happy that her memories of her daddy are all so wonderful and beautiful.
The fact that he was identified is one small blessing - so many in this horrific event will never be found or identified.

Take care of you loved ones, and take care of yourself while you mourn.

thelmalu99
09-18-2001, 09:48 AM
Dear Sandra,

{{{{hugs}}}} I'm so sorry. :(

mruffruff
09-18-2001, 11:13 AM
I can only repeat what everyone else has said.

My heart goes out to you and to all who have lost loved ones.

cr7clark
09-18-2001, 11:16 AM
Ditto to everyone's comments. You and the other disaster victims are in my thoughts and prayers.

Cougie Wechsler
09-18-2001, 11:33 AM
I am deeply sorry for your loss. I pray that God will show himself strongly to you and your family. Please know that the nation and indeed the world is praying for you on this day and during this time.

Snowy's Mommy
09-18-2001, 11:51 AM
Dear Sandra,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family..I am so sorry.

Albea
09-18-2001, 12:21 PM
Dear Sandra:
We are with you and your family in this terible time of grief. We send you our most sincere condolences.

jackiesdaisy1935
09-18-2001, 12:58 PM
Sandra, words cannot say the sorrow we all feel for the loss of your loved one. Your family will be in our prayers.
Jackie

Daisy's Mom
09-18-2001, 02:53 PM
Oh Sandra, I am so sorry. I can only repeat what everyone else has put so beautifully. My heart goes out to you and your whole family. Please stay strong, for your sweet girls. God bless.

zippy-kat
09-18-2001, 03:40 PM
I can only echo the sentiments of the other members.

{hugs}

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

tatsxxx11
09-18-2001, 04:57 PM
Thank you very much everyone. You are truly wonderful, very special friends. You'll never know how much your words meant to me. Sat. I will be going to the funeral in Greenwich, Conn., where he lived. Seeing his wife and Chloe will be especially difficult. Thank you so much for the emails and cards. My Pet Talk friends really helped me to get through the day. Love to you all, Sandra

4 feline house
09-18-2001, 09:21 PM
Sandra, my family sends our deepest, sincerest sympathies in the loss of Buff. It's hard enough to write comforting words when a pet talk pet goes to the rainbow bridge, but this is beyond words. Our prayers are with you, your sister-in-law, and your family.

crow_noir
09-19-2001, 04:49 AM
my thoughts are w/ you and your family. my face has not gone w/o shedding tears for Buff. and as they reached King's fur he gave a small whimper.
also, i wish the best of luck to you regarding Star.

carrie
09-19-2001, 10:09 AM
Sandra, I'm heartbroken to hear of your terrible bereavement.
My thoughts are with you and your family.
While it must seem so senseless please remember that those that lost their lives did so not in vain. The world will eventually be a stronger, safer and more peaceful planet because of what happened to them.
With love.

wolflady
09-24-2001, 05:46 PM
Sandra, I'm so very sorry to hear about Buff. My company was attacked by the nimbda virus, and I haven't been on POTD for almost a week now, and just saw these posts today! Ditto to all the kind things everyone has said on here. You and all of your family and everyone else that has losed a loved one in this tragedy are in my prayers. ****hugs**** I wish there was more we could do.