PDA

View Full Version : I'll Miss You Lico!

Lexi_Lover
03-02-2005, 06:05 PM
This is Licorice, Lico for short.

And today, after the pit bull ban in Ontario, she was put to sleep at a shelter nearby:( She was such a sweetheart, always playing with the other pups, and always being nice on the check-up table. She never growled at anyone and wouldn't imagine her being anymore friendly then she was. I just wish there was something I could have done.

Even if she did get adopted, she would have been disrespected beyond belief and always muzzled when out in public. I can't believe how many poor pitties are now being put down and out of their misery in shelters.

The sad aprt about this story, is that she was getting her adoption pended:(She would ahve gone to a home, but if she was taken out within 5hours of the law, she was going to be put to sleep. Her owners-to-be couldn't get out of work and were an hour away.

I will miss your amusing character, your sweet smile, prancing paws and joyus outlook to life.

God speed to the Rainbow Bridge Lico:(Rest In Peace:(

Buddy Blaze Lover
03-02-2005, 06:14 PM
Aw, Lico!:( RIP sweet pup!

anna_66
03-02-2005, 08:16 PM
Oh how sad:(

RIP sweet Lico. Have fun playing at the RB.

Desert Arabian
03-02-2005, 10:37 PM
:confused: :confused: So I take it you work at that shelter and have worked with Lico?

Rest In Peace, Lico. :( Play hard and have lots of fun!

Tweety_Pie
03-02-2005, 10:49 PM
OH NO!! :( Licorice was at the Ottawa Humane Society!!! Thats near where I live! (I live in Ottawa).. Oh no that is terrible.. Just look at her sweet face, she didn't deserve to be PTS neither do any other pitties! :( Oh thats terrible.. I wish I could have adopted her....and all the other pitties in need

:(

green_chameleon_girl
03-02-2005, 10:54 PM
im speechless...:( Me and my sister (Tweety_pie) were looking at the website and we saw this cutie yesterday, and to see this is just so sad. Play Hard at The Rainbow Bridge Lico!!

Lexi_Lover
03-03-2005, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by YellowLabLover
:confused: :confused: So I take it you work at that shelter and have worked with Lico?

Rest In Peace, Lico. :( Play hard and have lots of fun!

Yes, I have gone in for my speech, which is on animal cruelty and I got to know and play with a couple of dogs who were cases of neglect and abuse.

She was a sweetheart:(

slick
03-03-2005, 10:06 PM
Oh my gosh, my LES (Leaky Eye Syndrome) is really bad tonight. Ever since I heard of this law, I've felt so bad for the sweet pitties and others that will make a very unnecessary trip to the RB.

It's times like this that I'm embarrassed to be a Canadian.

Lico, you didn't deserve to die and if I could turn back time, I would find you that most precious furrever home that you deserve. Well, now you are home and free to romp and play at the RB. No harm will ever come to you again. Slurpy kisses to you sweetheart.

ramanth
03-04-2005, 12:02 PM
How tragic. :( :( RIP Lico.

Sudilar
03-04-2005, 04:21 PM
How completely unfair!!!!!!!! This is a tragedy! RIP, poor Lico. Life here was just not fair to you. Hugs.

I am totally against breed specific laws. There is no consideration for the individual dog. I just heard that IL is considering some type of Dangerous Dog law that groups whole breeds together. I believe GSDs may be included. Unfair.