PDA

View Full Version : A late introduction for Holly

AlleyCat
03-02-2005, 05:19 PM
Hi All,
Thought I would share this cute picture of Holly.
http://www.chrisandreabeard.com/PTimages/01140504-holly.jpg
I have not spent much time in the Dog area, even though I should have! I have 3 cats so I've spent most of my time in the Cat area. I wanted to introduce Holly. She's nearly 12 years old; she is an American Eskimo/Golden Retriever mix. Isn't she pretty? :)

As much as I hate to be a drag, Holly unfortunately has stomach cancer. We see that she's nearing the end, both based on her eating and elevated blood work - it has been a long 18 months for her. But no matter what, Holly is the sweetest dog, she is so loved and she gives us so much love unconditionally !

We love ya, Holly!

PJ's Mom
03-02-2005, 05:21 PM
Awww. Look at that face. You can tell she's a little angel without even meeting her.

It's not fair that she's got to be sick. :(

Thanks for sharing her with us. :)

RobiLee
03-02-2005, 05:22 PM
Ohhhh Holly is soooo pretty! What a sweet face. I'm so sorry to hear about her cancer. I know that must be so hard for you. I'm wishing you and Holly all the best. Please post more pics of her if you can. She is adorable. I'm so glad that you shared her with us.

Robin :)

dukedogsmom
03-02-2005, 05:43 PM
She is so pretty! She's just a little older than Duke. I'm so sorry to hear about her stomach cancer. I hope she has a happy life with what time she has left. It must be hard to deal with that. Give her a hug from me.

tatsxxx11
03-02-2005, 05:46 PM
What a beautiful, precious girl you are dear, Holly; such a sweet, sweet face:)

I'm so sad to hear about her illness:( I hope that you still have many, many more happy days together with your girl. Please give Holly a big hug and kiss from me. Love, Sandra

anna_66
03-02-2005, 08:25 PM
Oh Holly you are gorgeous:) I'm so glad we're getting to see such a beautiful girl today. I truly can't hardly believe that you are 12, you look so much younger.

I'm sorry to hear about your cancer, but I do hope that the time you have left will be some of the happiest days of your life.

Thank you for sharing Holly with us:)

AlleyCat
03-02-2005, 10:35 PM
Some more pictures ...

Holly waiting for her treat :)
http://chrisandreabeard.com/PTimages/holly1PT.jpg

Holly romping in the snow
http://chrisandreabeard.com/PTimages/holly2PT.jpg

PJ's Mom
03-02-2005, 10:37 PM
Awwww. :) So cute!

K9soul
03-02-2005, 10:45 PM
Wow what a total cutie! She does not look 12 years old at all. At first I could not see the golden in her, but when you posted that last pic of her rolling in the snow, I can see it :D. She's just adorable! So glad you made it over to the dog side and shared her with us. I'm very sorry to hear she's ill :(. I hope she has many more happy days ahead of her.

Oggyflute
03-02-2005, 10:48 PM
Holly is such a beautiful girl. :)

aly
03-02-2005, 11:42 PM
Holly is just PRECIOUS! I love all of those pictures of her!

I am so sorry about her cancer :( :( I hope that the rest of her days are as happy and pain-free as possible. My prayers are with your family ..

shais_mom
03-03-2005, 12:20 AM
She is pretty - I am so sorry to hear about her cancer tho. :(
She has had a wonderful life with you and she looks so sweet.
Please give her gentle hugs and know you are in my thoughts.

schteve_d
03-03-2005, 01:13 AM
Thanks for the pics, they're awesome. She looks so content rolling in the snow; so sorry she is sick. The second quote in my signature is the best advice for that situation!!

vinjashira
03-03-2005, 05:52 AM
Oh pretty Holly.. you are so white :)

BitsyNaceyDog
03-03-2005, 07:15 AM
Holly is so beautiful. I'm so sorry that she's sick.

senorita02
03-03-2005, 08:57 AM
What a precious little lady she is, she looks young and vibrant!!
What a sleek white coat!

ChrisH
03-03-2005, 03:10 PM
Holly is such a beautiful girl and what a sweet face! :)

I am so sorry to hear she has cancer, that is so sad. :(

Hugs

AlleyCat
03-19-2005, 01:58 PM
Thank you all for your warm and loving comments about Holly.

Update 3/19/05:

Yesterday was a sad day for us. Holly succumbed to her cancer and has gone to the Rainbow Bridge. Hopefully she's frolicking with her fursiblings, Rascal and Nikki now.

It has been clear to us over the past few months that the cancer had been getting worse, and her last few days she was feeling very unwell, and we knew it was time. There were getting to be more bad days than good for her which diminishes the quality of her life. We spent as much time as we could with her these last couple of days, and we know she went to the RB feeling very loved, as I held her in my arms as we let her go.

Thank you all.

schteve_d
03-19-2005, 02:01 PM
That is really sad, I'm very sorry for your loss. It is nice though that she was able to enjoy her time here so thoroughly, and won't have any more bad days. Again, I'm sorry to hear this.

tatsxxx11
03-19-2005, 03:46 PM
I'm so sorry:( I was just about to write you and tell you agaom how beautiful your Holly girl is when I read your sad update:( What a sweetheart of a girl she was; such a gentle and kind face. You can see the love in her eyes. My heart goes out to you and your family during this incredibly sad time. She was blessed to have such caring, devoted parents and I'm so glad you were able to be with her at the end, to hold her in your arms as you sent her on her journey. For sure she knew how very loved she was. And I'm sure my RB heartdog Jingles, along with all of our RB kids, are joining Nikki and Rascal as they happily welcome her with open paws. My sincere, most heartfelt sympathies to you. Holly, you will be so very missed sweet girl. Love, Sandra

Daisy and Delilah
03-19-2005, 04:09 PM
I have just read this thread for the first time and I can't see through the tears. Holly was so beautiful and I know how much you miss her. She is at the RB now with my Benny who was also an American Eskimo Spitz. He looked very much like her. He was 16 when I lost him and the best buddy I have ever had. What a good boy he was. I still think about him every day. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Play hard at RB Holly and Benny!!

Terry

Ginger's Mom
03-19-2005, 08:11 PM
I am very sorry to hear about Holly. She was a beautiful girl who had a good life with a loving family. I know you will miss her very much, and my thoughts are with you.

shais_mom
03-19-2005, 10:07 PM
Godspeed to the bridge Holly.
Andrea I am so sorry for you're loss. Please accept my condolences.

Holly, there will be 2 little ladies up there with a fawn colored greyhound named Shaianne. One is Grandma Tippy and the other is Aunt Marie who just joined her last nite, they love dogs and will be happy to keep you company and share treats with you.

AlleyCat
03-19-2005, 10:08 PM
Thank you all for your kind words. It's been an unreal 24 hours already.

I came to PT this evening to look for some cute pictures to look at to make me laugh, and it's helping! PT can be really a good support group.

vinjashira
03-19-2005, 10:41 PM
sorry for your loss :(
RIP Holly...