PDA

View Full Version : cat health didn't seem like the right forum

elminster20
03-02-2005, 03:15 PM
I have had cats all my life. Granted, I'm still young (22), but I've had a lot of cats. My two boys though....... Always have what looks like bits of kitty litter stuck in their noses!!! Donnie the the worst for it, but even Bobbie gets it too. It's like a little black crusty... thing in their nostril, and forces me to pick it out occasionally. Is there anything I can do to keep this from happening, and is it posssible that maybe they're not cleaning properly or something?

Cataholic
03-02-2005, 04:04 PM
Monte gets this too. I dont know if it is dust, or some sort of mild allergy that makes his nose have boogies in it. If it doesn't appear troublsome to your boys, and there aren't any health issues, I say just leave it alone.

jazzcat
03-02-2005, 04:23 PM
ROFLOL! I've always heard you can pick your friends and you can pick your nose but you can't pick your friend's nose. Guess that doesn't hold true for your cat. LOL! Sorry, it's been a long day.

I know what you are talking about. R&R had that delima when we first got them. I think it was maybe a change to my dustier litter. I've now switched to Fresh Step which isn't as dusty and the boogies are gone.

ratchet22
03-02-2005, 04:27 PM
Where is aguu, look at those pic's. its heart and mr. bean. What cuties they are. I am very surprised to hear you picking their nose, my cats would freak, :D Make sure what cleaners you are using on your floors and counters, some can affect your pets allergies, And maybe try a less dustier littler. Somewhere they are getting the dirt or litter from.

Good luck.

Logan
03-02-2005, 04:35 PM
Butter has a dirty nose too........I used to have to sort of clean it, but that crustiness is not there anymore, just black freckles. He did not have those marks when he showed up here 4 years ago. He does not use a litter box so that can't be it (he chooses to go outdoors to do his business at all times).

catmandu
03-02-2005, 09:20 PM
I must say,taht that is a new one,I will have to look,up the Found Cat Noses!