PDA

View Full Version : kitty health question

QueSarah
03-02-2005, 09:06 AM
I've been at home with the flu. My loving little baby boy has been snuggling me like a good boy. Makes me feel lots better. However I got this stupid flu from trying to make my husband feel better when he had it last week. (What a good sharing husband i have.) ANyway, Kermit (myhusband) assures me that cats can't get human colds b/c they get different strains or something.

Is that true?

sirrahved
03-02-2005, 09:43 AM
I've heard of dogs getting stomach viruses from humans, but I've never heard of cats catching it. Someone correct me!

catmandu
03-02-2005, 10:42 AM
With all the Cats,that have graced,my life,I have never given,or caught,anything,from them.

jazzcat
03-02-2005, 10:43 AM
Don't worry a human cold can't jump species so you can't give it to him.

prechrswife
03-02-2005, 10:45 AM
The cats aren't going to catch your flu, but they do make good nurses. I can sympathize with you. I've been at home with the flu, too. I tried to go back to work this morning. Bad idea--I think I lasted an hour.:(

QueSarah
03-02-2005, 10:51 AM
my boss said i had to come in today no matter how bad i felt....he came in and asked how i was..i said, ok i gues...he asked about my temp, i told him that when i took it before bed last night it was 99.8....he replied, well sorry you had to come in today, but it's been a week.....Um its wednesday....i was out yesterday and the day before (which he'd given me off anyway b/c of snow)

how does someone reach 41 years of age and not know there are 7 days in a week?

DOdger took good care of me. He rarely will let a blanket be over him but he snuggled under mine the past two days and was my favorite little live teddy cat.