PDA

View Full Version : Rituals

catnapper
03-02-2005, 08:48 AM
I was wondering what type of daily rituals your cat does that makes your hear go "awwwww"

Allen comes to us for nightly loving... and he's LOUD. A night wouldn't be complete without Allen coming for his loving.

Pouncer sits nightly on the computer tower and oversees all my internet activity. He's such a good net watcher. Then he comes off the tower and I hold him in my arms like a little baby. He'll fall asleep in that position as long as n fosters are in the house. If I have fosters, he tends to be grumpy.:rolleyes:

Harry is my little bathroom buddy. I simply cannot g to the bathroom without his help. I am actually hurt if he does not follow me. But fear not, he takes his bathroom duty seriously and always follows. While in the bathroom, his purr machine is on its highest and loudest setting.

Abby and I have started nightly rituals where I'll be playing n the computer and she hops into my lap for a good hour or so. I just stroke her silky fur and love every single second of it. Then she'll hop down to be chased by Pouncer... and return to me to be rescued from the big Pouncer monster :)

What do your cats do every ngiht?

QueSarah
03-02-2005, 09:12 AM
If I get home from work early Teirza greets me then runs to the door of the room her food is in and looks back at me and meows. (they get fed at 630) she then walks in and looks at her food mat and then at me and meows again. I say, not until 630....thats not for a half hour. Then she'll meow march out of the room. If I walk by that room before 630 we have to go through the same discussion again.

but typically, i come in the door and i pick Teirza up first and love her and then Dodger (if I do it the other way around Teirza ignores me the rest of the night.) Then we ask my husband if he was a good kitty daddy and fed them and he says yes and then the three of us (me and the cats) run to the bathroom. I use the facilities and they mill around...showing me their toy they brought in or how they drank all their water.

jazzcat
03-04-2005, 01:30 PM
Scout coming to sleep in my right arm every night.

Rumor coming to sleep at my neck with her face on my cheek every night. Although sometimes it is smothering.

Rocky running to get in my lap everytime I sit down at the computer. Rocky crying everytime I rattle anything that sounds like foil. Also I've taught Rocky to jump on my shoulder from the table so every day he goes to the table and waits for me.:D

Jazz loves to make biscuits on a certain blanket in my bedroom so every morning I spread the blanket out on the comforter after making the bed and she comes up for biscuits and petting.

I don't have a ritual with Ripley but my husband does. Ripley comes to him everynight while he's in the recliner and stares and waits to be brushed.

Craftlady
03-04-2005, 02:03 PM
Eleanor meows her head off when it's time for "meal" or "snack". She lets you know loud a clear. :D

Thumper on the other hand looks at the empty bowl then up at you then bowl and up at you. She is much quieter about wanting food or a snack.

Skinny is patient about food. When it's there he eats. :)

Skinny has to be the "alarm clock" to get the humans out of bed. He loves to scratch on the side of the bed. Every so often he stretches high enough you see his little head peaking over the mattress looking to see if you are paying attention to me. :)

BastetsMum
03-04-2005, 02:51 PM
Bastet greets me at the door every night with a meow and a purr.

She is a consumate guard cat - she likes to guard the toilet door, the bathroom door in fact any door that is closed.

She also likes to reach up and pat you on the leg and meow when she is hungry.

jenluckenbach
03-05-2005, 04:48 PM
Lucas makes me get my daily exercise. he LOVES when I chase him and yell "I'm gonna getcha!"

In the MIDDLE of the night, if I get up to use the potty, Jim will come back to bed with me and crawl down under the covers between Charlie and me and snuggle in my arms.

Twice daily, right before feeding, Fern will YELL for her pets. Mind you, she is on top of the fridge, but she wants to get petted. (which only took her about 6 years) :rolleyes:

lisalee
03-05-2005, 08:19 PM
I love when Sash sits on his placemat waiting for his food, now he does this many times a day/night and he will sometimes sit there a half hour waiting for more food. He's so cute when he does this!

I love when he brings his Cat Charmer into the bedroom at night and cries real loud to play.

I love when we have are cuddle time at night on the sofa and in the bed he cuddles in my arms. I look forward to so many of our daily rituals. :D