PDA

View Full Version : I have 192 photos,under My Pictures

catmandu
03-01-2005, 11:26 AM
In The Computer,but after 3 Hours,last night,I got one photo,downloaded,but that,must have been afluke,as nothing works,on Photo Buket,or Image Station.I am stumped,Again,HELP.

jenluckenbach
03-01-2005, 11:40 AM
OK Gary, lets try photo bucket....

first click submit multiple pictures. (UNDER the SUBMIT and RESET buttons)

it will drop a box down.....choose a number.....not too large or it will take FOREVER! try 10)

wait for the next page to load and there will be 10 spots to browse for a photo. Just click browse, choose photo #1, click OPEN and then click borwse on the next line down and do again with another photo.

After the 10 are filled, click submit and W A I T! !! it takes some time.

catmandu
03-01-2005, 11:44 AM
Maybe,I gave up too fast,as it was taking hours,on Dial Up,but even when I tried one Photo,it didnt work.And It wont accept,my Pictures,as a code,even though,that is what I call,them,on my Computer.

jenluckenbach
03-01-2005, 11:50 AM
tell me what you do and what you see?

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-01-2005, 12:23 PM
Maybe you are trying to upload pics that are to large? Cannot you resize them a bit? I do that with Paintshop Pro

Barbara
03-01-2005, 12:32 PM
A good shareware software for downsizing pictures is Irfanview (just google it and you'll find!).
If you have a dial-up connection you should not try to upload too many pics as it will take forever or not work at all.

Why don't you start with trying to attach one. Koxka explained it with a picture tutorial in yesterday's thread!

catnapper
03-01-2005, 12:34 PM
Gary, did you resize the photos before you attempted to upload them? The larger they are, the longer they will take to load. Tell me what photo programs are on your computer and perhaps someone else has the same program and could tell you how to resize the images. You will want to resize them to be about 400 pixels wide.

On dial-up I would do as Jen said, only up to 10 images at a time, otherwise you'll be sitting there til after midnight waiting for the pictures to load.

Craftlady
03-01-2005, 12:49 PM
Resizing is a must especially with a dial-up connection. I would upload just couple at a time it will go faster.

Shady
03-01-2005, 02:20 PM
I tried imageshack and then photobucket, photobucket I find much easier, but there's a little thing that happens with mine and they switch over to another album within it that I created early on and it seems to switch between the two.

Have you at any time on purpose or inadvertently added another sub album? Your pics may be there if they actually uploaded.

I took a screen shot, and if that's what happened, then perhaps
they are there like you think.

If you look at the screen shot, this is my opening page to photobucket, if you can find your similar page, you see where it says photo albums. There are two under that...smilies and various (on mine) you can click either of those and go to each album, it's just a way to sort.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v714/qpdoll/Various/photobucket1.jpg

Irfanview IS the easiest way to adjust sizing and fix pictures.
It's free which is even better. From here: www.irfanview.com

sirrahbed
03-01-2005, 02:44 PM
Gary - I looked at your photobucket and there are 9 images that are only partially uploaded. So, this means it needs more time.

Resizing is really the only way to make the uploads go faster and to be able to post a regular sized image into a post.

Basic graphic software will do this. If you will download the software that Shady and Barbara mentioned - someone can then give you the next steps to resize each picture. As you do resize each picture - it helps to give it a new name or number when you SAVE AS, so that you will know which images you have done and which you haven't.

If you can't yet download and resize - there is another way to get a picture posted but it will just take longer... go ahead and upload a few photos (maybe 2 or 3) and I will show you how to resize them right inside photobucket so you can then post them - OK?? Or anyone familiar with photobucket can do this also. Resizing in photobucket is not hard. I can even resize a few for you if you want - if you can get them uploaded completely to photobucket - but remember to wait - you might want to go do something else for a few minutes because it could take as long as ten minutes to upload 2 or 3 pictures. OK??

For now, try going to your photobucket and deleting each of those images that did not finish OK? You just have to click the delete button near each of them, one at a time.

catmandu
03-01-2005, 03:48 PM
I wondered why some,of the Photos were sahded,Now I am realy confused,but I will keep trying!

Shady
03-01-2005, 04:01 PM
I think you did everything right though according to sirrabed, the only thing you didnt do was wait til they were fully loaded to photobucket. Uploading (sending things away from your computer) takes longer than downloading (bringing things to your computer) usually.

When a picture finishes uploading, it will say *picture(s) added* in red and that's when you know it's successful and they show up fine.

As for resizing, Photobucket is supposed to do that for you, but it's faster getting them into Photobucket if you do it first yourself.

Valid file types: jpg, gif, png, bmp, swf
Images larger than 250 KB are automatically resized

MULTICATMOM
03-01-2005, 04:02 PM
I'M LEARNING ALL THIS RIGHT ALONG WITH YOU:confused:

sirrahbed
03-01-2005, 04:11 PM
Gary - there are now more photos partially uploaded in your photobucket. You really need to DELETE the greyed out ones before you upload any more pictures. Otherwise, the photobucket site will stop allowing you to use it for awhile. Since it is free, there is a limit to how much stuff (measured by the size of everything you upload or download) and then you have to wait a month to use it again.

Photobucket monthly limit only applies to what you upload or download from your own account and not when you look at other people's pictures:)

rg_girlca
03-01-2005, 06:21 PM
Come on Gary, i'm rooting for you fella. If I can do it, anyone can do it, as I am so computer illerate, it isn't funny. :D

When I upload my pics onto my computer, into my pictures, I usually only pick 10 of them. Then when I upload them into Photobucket, I do 2 at a time and I find it goes faster this way as I have dial up also.

:eek: I can't believe you have 192 pictures all ready. WOW!!!!!

catmandu
03-01-2005, 07:55 PM
And every time,that i do,this,I see someonethere,just,out of spite,refusing,to take The Found Cat Photos,laughing,in my face.

DogLover9501
03-01-2005, 09:32 PM
Gary, I hope you get Photobucket figured out soon-I can't wait to see the found cats!

Jayna78
03-01-2005, 09:41 PM
Gary, good luck! I am using Imagestation for my photo albums, and I like it a lot. However, I can upload quite a few at once b/c I have DSL, which works much better for uploading than dial-up - I do remember the days that I waited for hours on end to download and upload things on the Internet, so I feel for you. I would help you with Photobucket, but I wasn't having as much luck with that program (it kept trying to log me out while I was trying to upload about 10 pics at once), so I opted to just use Imagestation for now.

I'm looking forward to seeing pics of the Found Cats! :)

koxka
03-02-2005, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by Barbara
A good shareware software for downsizing pictures is Irfanview (just google it and you'll find!).
If you have a dial-up connection you should not try to upload too many pics as it will take forever or not work at all.

Why don't you start with trying to attach one. Koxka explained it with a picture tutorial in yesterday's thread!

Looks like we have a bad case of stuborness !!:rolleyes:

Gary , what difference makes to see your cats under an attachment or on your post.? :confused:

catmandu
03-02-2005, 08:44 AM
I will try getting them,on AOL,so everyonecan see them,as I have such nice ones,Of Ragnar,enjoying his New Home,and looking very happy,on the Koxka Cat Tree.

RedHedd
03-02-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by koxka
Looks like we have a bad case of stuborness !!:rolleyes:

Gary , what difference makes to see your cats under an attachment or on your post.? :confused: :D I agree. Gary, just attach them to your posts for now.

Just click on the "Browse" button next to "Attach file" when you're doing a PT post. It will take you to the folders on YOUR computer. Albeit, you can only attach one picture to each post, but it's a lot easier than trying to figure out Photobucket.

From what I'm reading here, Photobucket sounds like a pain. Even when I was on dial-up ImageStation wasn't THAT painful. Keep trying ....

P.S. This is my 3,000th post! :eek: Zounds! I guess I'm now a tripillar! :D

Logan
03-02-2005, 11:31 AM
Congratulations, Redhedd!!! I noticed I hit 13,000 last week :o :o :o . I really blab a lot!! :o