PDA

View Full Version : The pictures have been so much fun......

Logan
12-31-2001, 10:11 PM
that I couldn't bear to put them in an album or in a drawer, and the refrigerator was getting a little crowded. So.....today, I went and bought the largest cork bulletin board I could find, went through all my Christmas cards and pulled out the pictures. I got them from Pet Talk friends and people over at Golden Retriever. I made a HUGE collage, and almost covered every inch of that board!! It is hanging proudly in my utility room, which is between my kitchen and the back door. We are in and out of there constantly, letting someone in, someone out. I will smile every single time I look up there. And I told Helen that if it gets too full, we'll just get another one!! LOL!! :D

Thanks everyone for the wonderful Christmas cards, whether you sent a picture or not.

Logan

*LabLoverKEB*
12-31-2001, 11:20 PM
That's a great place to put your favorite pictures! :) Good idea! ;)

Pam
01-01-2002, 07:18 AM
Logan great minds run in the same direction! I have on my "to do" list to get a bulletin board for all of my Pet Talk fur friends' pictures. I want to get the kind that doesn't use stick pins (Bella got one once and had it in her mouth :eek: :eek: ) so I don't use them any more. I want the kind that has little ribbons cris-crossing (sp?) the board. I agree with you that these pictures are just too terrific to store in a drawer somewhere!!

zippy-kat
01-01-2002, 01:25 PM
What a good idea!

Pam I know exactly what you are talking about--did you know you can make those? If you'd like the 'recipe' I'll search through mom's craft magazines...

Pam
01-02-2002, 08:14 AM
Zippy you have given me a thought! Why should I buy one when I can make it myself! I think I have a pretty good idea how to do it, and thank you for the suggestion! I enjoy crafts very much, like your mom, but lately haven't been able to devote much time to them. This is just the nudge I needed!

Logan
01-02-2002, 09:44 AM
Pam,
Martha Stewart had the "how to" in one of her magazines. I'm sure I still have it, but no telling whether I could find it!! LOL! I have stacks and stacks of magazines that need to be tossed, but I HATE throwing them away. You might try the Martha Stewart website though and do a search. Its www.marthastewart.com (http://www.marthastewart.com) .

Can't wait to see a picture of your handiwork!!!

Logan

[ January 02, 2002: Message edited by: Logan ]

Cinder & Smoke
01-02-2002, 10:59 AM
Dad found Martha's How-To for the Ribbon Bulletin Board:
Martha's Ribbon Bulletin Board (http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jhtml;jsessionid=SAWPMPZSVAALNWCKUUXCJBWYJKSS 0JO0?type=content&id=channel1705&prevLink=true).

Dad wuz thunkin we'd make anudder bulletin board for GranMom's room - till he read the part about having to :eek: *sew* the ribbons to attach em... Guess we'll keep using the thummie takz at G-Mom's place! :rolleyes:

In case anybody else duzint know what "grosgrain ribbon" is... Here ya go:

Grosgrain and Faille Ribbon:
Richly hued grosgrain and faille ribbons are made of woven blends and polyesters. Heavier than taffeta, they have delicate crosswise ribs, wider in grosgrain than in faille, creating a very subtle elasticity. Often used for trimming apparel, they both make shapely, lazy bows.

sammi
01-02-2002, 11:11 AM
I would like to make one also but, Phred's example is not what I was thinking off. I was thinking of the kind that the ribbon goes criss - cross across the board.

Logan
01-02-2002, 11:48 AM
Sammi, that is what I was thinking of too, the criss cross one. She did it, and I think might even sell one. But Phred, I am so impressed that you navigated around Martha Stewart's website!!! LOL!! Good job.

Logan

sammi
01-02-2002, 01:49 PM
Phred, Thanks for info. I just don't sew much - I tend to use my glue gun!!! (and I have a mother in law)! :D :eek: :D

aly
01-02-2002, 05:43 PM
My dogs' picture with Santa was funny. Reece wouldn't get off Santa's lap and Lolly couldn't get out of there fast enough.. hehe.

I did the one of Shiloh at home cause she would have freaked out if I took her to get her picture taken with Santa.

thelmalu99
01-03-2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke:
<STRONG>In case anybody else duzint know what "grosgrain ribbon" is... Here ya go:

Grosgrain and Faille Ribbon:
Richly hued grosgrain and faille ribbons are made of woven blends and polyesters. Heavier than taffeta, they have delicate crosswise ribs, wider in grosgrain than in faille, creating a very subtle elasticity. Often used for trimming apparel, they both make shapely, lazy bows.</STRONG>

Grosgrain ribbon...patent leather shoes...those scary childhood memories come flooding back! AAAAARRRGHH!!!!
http://bbs2.fanforum.com/images/smilies/LOL.gif