PDA

View Full Version : New Dog On The Way!!!

jackie
03-01-2005, 10:50 AM
this friday we are going to the shelter to adopt another pup! I am so excited i can barely sit still. it took me a couple of weeks working on my boyfriend to convince him that we should get another dog, but finally he caved!

we are going to the same shelter as we adopted tito and bella from, and are still debating if we should get a puppy or an adult. we adopted tito when he was three weeks old and it was a lot of work!!! and we adopted bella about 6/7 months ago when she was about two or three years old. also a lot of work considering she wasn't house broken, had NO training, and was quite timid around other people (esp men).

i told my boyfriend we will just go and take the first one that steals our hearts (which is a lot harder than it sounds). i am going to try NOT to cry, the others times we were there, i left bawling my eyes out. i will post pics. :D

tatsxxx11
03-01-2005, 02:56 PM
It's so hard to visit the shelter and not cry, isn't it? It's the hardest thing leaving the others behind; you want to give them all a home!

I'm so excited for you! I do hope you find that very special one that fits into your pack just right! Can you bring Tito and Bella with you for a "meet and greet?":)

PJ's Mom
03-01-2005, 03:07 PM
I thought I was the only one who cried when leaving the shelter. I'm glad I'm not. ;)

Congrats on the new doggie! :)

lute
03-01-2005, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom
I thought I was the only one who cried when leaving the shelter. I'm glad I'm not. ;)

i'm a cryer also.:o

CONGRATS! can't wait o see pics!!!:D

Oggyflute
03-01-2005, 10:41 PM
Good one Jackie, I bet it wasn't that hard to get your boyfriend to agree. :D Can't wait for the pics.

jackie
03-02-2005, 05:15 PM
i am still trying to think of some good names... any suggestions?

RobiLee
03-02-2005, 05:24 PM
I'm happy for you. Can't wait to hear all about the new addition. I have no name suggestions. I am so bad about that...lol. All the best and make sure you share the new doggie with us.

Robin :)