PDA

View Full Version : The "project" is done!!

Laura's Babies
02-28-2005, 09:50 PM
Well, Mike and I got our latest project finished enough for me to take some pictures to post (and to print out pictures). With his schedule and mine, plus the weather, it has taken almost my whole time off to get it this far..

It is suppose to be Noah's Ark and we banged and scrathed the wood up, shaved it bare in spots to make it have the really "rustic" look of those days. It is the design it is, so that there would be plenty of perch places and the boat is a really neat cubby hole for cats to get in. He is donating it to his church for a silent auction and I am kind of hoping nobody bids on it so I can pay him for the materials and let MY babies have it.

(Of coarse it has CATS on it as well as many other animals in pairs on the outside.)

Check it out, it is being kitty tested and approved as I was taking the pictures and they all agreed that it is purrrrrrrfect! Klinger, Yetta, and Chester gave it all 4 paws up! Chester can fit in the cubby hold at 15 pounds and so can Yetta at her 12 pounds. There ARE other openings other than the round hole on the front...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM1356.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM1358.jpg

Yetta, coming out of the hole in the front of the boat.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM1359.jpg

QueenScoopalot
02-28-2005, 10:01 PM
Laura, and Mike..that came out so wonderful, and unique looking! Super work, and cat approved to top it off! Remember kitties..two by two, not all at once! :D

christa
02-28-2005, 10:02 PM
I LOVE it!!! That was a really great idea! Lots of limbs to jump on and then they can get into the boat! FUN!!!

the Kitties look like they love it too! ;)

Vette
02-28-2005, 11:02 PM
Oh thast so cute!!! i wish i could make stuff like that. :D

kaoK'okung
02-28-2005, 11:34 PM
nice job laura and mike!!!!!!!!!!!!...very cool!!!...now just make 100 more and sell them!!!!!!!!....lol...;) ;) ....(Zip and Shy say they would buy one)...lol...

NoahsMommy
03-01-2005, 12:09 AM
Gosh!! That's so nice! I wouldn't want to give it away...even if it is a good cause!

Very cute! :)

Jayna78
03-01-2005, 12:31 AM
You should sell those - they would go like hotcakes! :)

I've been nagging my husband to make the "ultimate" cat tree/climber thingie for ours someday when he's got extra time on his hands. However, that time has not come yet. We have a couple of good tall ones, but they're so expensive we want to be crafty and come up with our own awesome version at a much lower cost.

Where do you get sissal rope? We have a couple of cats that just love scratching on the sissal section of the 5.5 foot tree and on the short sissal cone scratcher we have. Is Home Depot or Lowe's a good place to look for materials to make cat trees?

luckies4me
03-01-2005, 02:48 AM
That is awesome! If we had those here I would definitely buy one! :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-01-2005, 05:35 AM
No chance that you will get that gorgeous thing!! I am sure that there wil be lots of bids, and the price will go way up high!!
I agree with the others: make more, they will sell for sure!!

jenluckenbach
03-01-2005, 05:48 AM
The cats should have a BOATload of fun in that!!! :D (LOL)

It is fantastic!

Rie Rie
03-01-2005, 07:49 AM
Great job mom. Wonder what new idea Mike will have for you two to do when you come home next time. I agree, I don't think there's any chance of you getting it.

catfamily
03-01-2005, 07:50 AM
I'd keep it:D ;) :D

Logan
03-01-2005, 07:53 AM
It's terrific, Laura! I think Butter would think he died and went to heaven if he had a place like that to play!!! :)

Jods
03-01-2005, 07:59 AM
That is soooo cool! you guys should really sell them:)

mruffruff
03-01-2005, 08:10 AM
WOW! That is really great.

I agree that you could sell those. While making one or two can be fun, major production could be a strain. How much time did you have to invest?

And when can we expect the first shipment of 20?:D :D :D

Mary

catmandu
03-01-2005, 08:26 AM
That is amazing,and that would cost hungreds,of dollars,if someone,made that for you,and The Cats,will enjoy,that,for years,to come.Anything,from the Found Cats,yet.

prechrswife
03-01-2005, 08:38 AM
That is great! What a unique idea for a cat tree.:)

MULTICATMOM
03-01-2005, 08:39 AM
TO COVET...BUT I LOVE THAT:D :D :D HOURS OF FUN & KITTY ENTERTAINMENT!! CAN I PUT IN AN ORDER?? LOL

Laura's Babies
03-01-2005, 08:42 AM
Jayna, we got that sisal rope at a local building supply store. We have bought it at Home Depot but we prefer to buy it by the foot and not already precut in a package, it is cheaper..

I am glad all of you like it and think it will sell. I don't know what he will have in mind for our next project but I am sure he will have something in mind before I get back. We already have Catfamily's catfish bed pattern so I know I will be trying to make some of those the next time I am off.

There is no way I can figure how much time we have in it since it was not a continous ongoing working project that we worked on every day. I would think with the right tools and having all the paint, glue, carpet and stuff you need, it shouldn't take anymore than a few days to do it.

catlover4ever
03-01-2005, 08:48 AM
Laura that came out so awesome. You and Mike both did a really great job.

jazzcat
03-01-2005, 11:00 AM
Wow, that is amazing Laura! Congrats to you and Mike on such a unique and excellent cat tree. I'm going to print off a picture of it and take it to Dad. It would be too much of a project for him to tackle these days but he will enjoy seeing your handy work.

I love seeing what you two come up with.:D

Cosmicat
03-01-2005, 11:18 AM
That's great!!