PDA

View Full Version : Need LOTS Of Prayers!!!!

QueenScoopalot
02-28-2005, 09:15 PM
It's been a chaotic few hours of obtaining two cats from a jerks apartment while he was in court for the 3rd case of violent assault and battery on a human, and it was do or die for two cats he somehow got 2 days ago. One tomcat, and one very pregnant, but at least they won't endure his wrath tonight, or ever. They sat in carriers in the tub while I was off feeding in two spots before the blizzard hits. I headed off (oh yeah...one car now between hubby and I, as his van broke down to top it off). I'm heading down the hill to the six lane highway enroute to my feeding stations, and did a double take. It was dark, but I was also nosy, and good thing. Long haired tortie all hunkered up against the wall next to the road. :eek: I backed up, and put emergency flashers on, and waited till no traffic was approaching and went out with catnip, and the cat bolted flipping back and forth like a fish out of water! :eek: She dashed into a driveway, and hunkered under a low slung corvette. I knew I needed help, so drove back home (2 blocks) and called hubby from the cell, telling him to get out to the car! I was down in the cellar at that point grabbing my net, and was back on location a few minutes later. Of course the home owner was worried about her vette, and HAD to come out to see what was doing. I had her stand on one side near the road, and hubs on the other, and went to net the cat and she took off INTO the road!!! I had been watching traffic, but with a rotary not far up, traffic is there one moment, and not the next. I hightailed it after the cat through three lanes of thankfully cooperative traffic, flashlight in one hand, net in other. The cat moved fast for an injured cat, and then she turned and started going in the direction of the traffic. Finally she got winded, and crouched in a doorway, and I netted her. Got the trusty laundry bag out, and bagged her net and all (THANKS HUBBY). I took her home and settled her into a cage, and she's got blood all around her neck, but her pupils react to light (a good sign). I have no idea if she got hit by a car, or attacked by a dog, but there's no way I'll be getting out of here for a few days if we get the snow they're talking about. I gave her a cortizone shot to reduce spinal inflammation, and just have to hope that it helps her. It's the first thing vets do for spinal injuries FYI, along with fluids I'm unsure if she's hissing because she's in pain, or if she's feral. There are idiots who let cats out 3 doors up from this road, and needless to say, I wouldn't doubt she's one of theirs. :( Say some prayers that she'll pull through the trauma endured, and that the expected blizzard won't snow me in for days. If she's feral, I'll have to send her to the Bridge....no option, and no $$$, but I'm hoping for a happy ending as she looks so much like my R.B girl Bonnie, but without the leg deformity. :( Sorry for the entire novel of the night..but welcome to my life. :rolleyes:

Laura's Babies
02-28-2005, 09:33 PM
Awe! QSL, the THINGS you do for these babies just stagger the mind!! Poor baby, she is injured AND terrified and you stopped to help her.... she is surley blessed for your paths to have crossed, if even she stays for a few hours, she had SOMEONE that cared what happened to her.. You are a extra special person to have done all that for her and she is sure in my prayers. YOU are to for the lengths you go to! Please stay safe out there!!

catfamily
03-01-2005, 08:01 AM
Poor thing.Thank God for her being found by you.Let me know if you need help.We are all shoveled out.

Soapets
03-01-2005, 08:15 AM
Prayers coming your way from Nebraska! It never ceases to amaze me to what lengths people here on PT will go to help out our furry friends. I'm glad I found this site, and I've told a few of my friends about it, so hopefully we'll get some more members from my state on here, and MORE prayers!

mruffruff
03-01-2005, 08:16 AM
I'll be sending prayers for your new kitty and for you.

If anyone can save this cat, you can.

Mary

catmandu
03-01-2005, 08:21 AM
No wonder,you are a Hero,to The Found Cats,I nad everyone,on Pet Talk,and one day,you will be rewarded,at the Rainbow Bridge!

MULTICATMOM
03-01-2005, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies
Awe! QSL, the THINGS you do for these babies just stagger the mind!! Poor baby, she is injured AND terrified and you stopped to help her.... she is surley blessed for your paths to have crossed, if even she stays for a few hours, she had SOMEONE that cared what happened to her.. You are a extra special person to have done all that for her and she is sure in my prayers. YOU are to for the lengths you go to! Please stay safe out there!!

I'M W/ LAURA!! PRAYERS FOR ALL OF YOU GUY!!
I WATCHED THE WEATHER EARLY, WOKE 4:45AM, THAT FRONT SEEMS TO BE MOVING QUICKLY. MAYBE WITH LUCK & PRAYER MARCH WON'T ROAR IN...

QueenScoopalot
03-01-2005, 08:33 AM
Oh we're snowed in good here, but the kitty seems to be doing well. She's not allowing me to touch her any, but she seems relaxed anyway. I'm still so unsure if she was attacked by a dog, or what! The blood around her neck makes me think more that, than being hit by a car. She'd show more signs of damage if that were the case. No blood from her mouth or any area besides her neck. Nobody's reported her as missing as of yet. Someone must be watching over me to once again, have me in the right place, at the right time. Lucky night for this kitty, as she'd be snowed under, or killed by traffic by now. :( :eek:

jenluckenbach
03-01-2005, 08:34 AM
Prayers for the kitty.

Laura's Babies
03-01-2005, 09:58 AM
Poor kitty, I worried about her all night! It is nothing short of a miracle that you seem to always be in the right place at the right time. Divine guidance for sure... HE wanted this kitty saved for a reason so she is indeed, a very special kitty. Keep prayers going that she will be OK..!!

smokey the elder
03-01-2005, 10:26 AM
Poor little kitty! Thanks for rescuing her. I hope you can work with her.

NoahsMommy
03-01-2005, 10:36 AM
Oh my! You've both had a busy and rough night!

Lots of prayers being said for you and the kitties. :)

ratchet22
03-01-2005, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by mruffruff
I'll be sending prayers for your new kitty and for you.

If anyone can save this cat, you can.

Mary

I agree, if anyone can do it, we KNOW you can. Please keep us updated, and my prayers are out there for her.....

skneisel74
03-01-2005, 03:25 PM
Best of luck to you I will keep all of you in my prayers

catnapper
03-01-2005, 03:34 PM
Good luck and lots of prayers for the scared little girl.

QueenScoopalot
03-01-2005, 03:55 PM
I took my rubber hand on a stick, and spritzed it with lots of Rescue Remedy, and while hubby had the dogs out, I tried gently patting her with the arm...and she spazzed! :( Could be that notorious tortitude, or maybe she's feral, but there are many more dumped cats around here, than ferals. :rolleyes:

rg_girlca
03-01-2005, 06:11 PM
My gosh Jan, just when I thought you couldn't amaze me anymore with the types of rescues that you do, you go and pull another amazing rescue like this one. I am so glad that neither you nor the cat was hurt in any way.

Poor, poor little kitty. I know in due time, you will get this scared little girl to trust you.
I hope and pray that her injuries are not too serious, since you are not able to see right now what type of injury to her neck she has.

Have I ever told you, your my Hero. (Bette Midler).

Drat, now i'm going to have that song stuck in my head all night.:p

doolittleky
03-02-2005, 02:02 PM
I don't know if this will help out with the vet bills but you can look into their qualifications. Couldn't hurt.

http://www.uan.org/lifeline/index.html

Melissa

ratchet22
03-03-2005, 11:05 AM
QSL do we have an update?

moosmom
03-03-2005, 12:10 PM
You rock!!! Thoughts and prayers that this poor little girl is just scared and NOT feral. After all she's been through, I'm not surprized.

(((((hugs))))) to you Jan!!;)

trayi52
03-03-2005, 12:40 PM
Jan, you are indeed a miracle worker! I know when a cat is in your care, it is truly blessed and its prayers have been answered for sure!

You and the kitty will be in my prayers, Jan, and like Laura said do be careful out there.

Willie:)

QueenScoopalot
03-03-2005, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by ratchet22
QSL do we have an update?
Things aren't looking too good for this kitty. :( She finally ate some food, and drank a good amount of water, but seems as though she's urinating where she's sleeping, and not in the litterpan which is very low, and close enough that she should be using it. :( She detests being touched in any way too. Still no "lost cat" reports matching her description either. As beautiful as she is, if she can't go to the bathroom, and can't be touched to express her bladder, or even check her over.....:( She seems comfortable otherwise. The other two from that night are doing well. The male went to a shelter, and the female (who's very pregnant) will be going into foster care if all goes well. She's calming down a lot now. I suspect she endured abuse at the hands of that creep who is going to jail for assault and battery (3rd arrest). I'm glad I was able to get the cats out while he was in court, as I'd hate to hear how he'd take his aggression out when he got back home. :eek: :mad: He was directly responsible for another cats death a few years ago. :mad:

mruffruff
03-03-2005, 02:51 PM
Is she moving around at all? Hopefully, she will chill out enough to use the litter. Sometimes they are so traumatized they just sit in one place with saucer eyes. If she's urinating where she sleeps, she must be able, although she probably won't do much if she wasn't drinking.

I have two that I can't touch; the vets have to sedate if I can get them there. I wish there was a way to immobilize a cat for 5 minutes without hurting them.

More prayers being sent. Maybe Cinder & Smoke can get through for us.

Mary

QueenScoopalot
03-03-2005, 05:09 PM
She's completely covered over in her cage, but she should have urinated more than she has by now. I have to attempt getting dry bedding under her without her flipping out and skittering out of the cage. Or me getting bit. I'm never one to make hasty decisions as evidenced with miracle girl Emily Rose. ;)

moosmom
03-03-2005, 06:23 PM
Jan,

Maybe all this poor little girl need is time and peace and quiet. I pray that she'll come around. I also pray that the scuzbag that hurt her becomes Bubba's girlfriend in jail. That filthy low-life piece of $hit.

You are a miracle worker, Jan. If ANYONE can bring her around, you can.

How's the pregnant kitty doing?? Did she have her babies yet??

rg_girlca
03-03-2005, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
Jan,

Maybe all this poor little girl need is time and peace and quiet. I pray that she'll come around. I also pray that the scuzbag that hurt her becomes Bubba's girlfriend in jail. That filthy low-life piece of $hit.

Very well said Donna.

Jan, prayers and positive thoughts still on the way for this precious gir.

((((((HUGS)))))) to you.

CalliesMom
03-04-2005, 03:32 AM
Jan, you are such a wonderful lady. I will pray for the little kitty and hope she calms down enough for you to touch her. :(

QueenScoopalot
03-04-2005, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by moosmom
Jan,

You are a miracle worker, Jan. If ANYONE can bring her around, you can.

How's the pregnant kitty doing?? Did she have her babies yet??
Donna, You seem to be getting cat #3 confused with the pair I got from an apartment while the a$$ was in court. The one injured was off the streets, and seems to have bite wounds circling her neck, most likely from a large dog. The other pair from the apt....one (the tom) went to a shelter, and the pregnant one is here until I find someone else to take her. And yes...BOATHOUSE Gal finally had BABIES! :D