PDA

View Full Version : It's that day again- ALARM testing day

Sirrahsim
02-28-2005, 07:17 PM
Ugh... I hate this day.. I hate it! I hate it! I hate it! They come by every few months to make sure that all heat sensors in the building are in proper working order, which is a good thing in theory. In practice, it means that the fire alarm goes off every few minutes:mad: :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Boomer is curled up into a tight little ball with his tail tucked firmly between his legs. He has his little face buried into the side of the couch where he will most certainly be until they are done with the inspections. It could be a looooong morning for the poor little guy:(

catmandu
02-28-2005, 07:27 PM
The Found Cats,hate,with a passion,the Smoke Detector.When that thing,comes on,they run,for cover.Sadly,if I ever have ,a real fire,I will have,to pry,them,from under the beds.

catnapper
02-28-2005, 07:28 PM
Ugh. Poor Boomer! I can only imagine the little ball of fear he is right now. :( Give him reassuring kisses from me!

Laura's Babies
02-28-2005, 10:11 PM
I know Chester would be terrifed and I probably wouldn't see him for days!! Poor Bommer boy!! I know that sound hurts his ears..
We have those General Alarm bells on the boat and they have to be tested weekly to make sure they all work and I put ear plugs in my ears but there is no way to plug a cats ears..:(

Sirrahsim
03-01-2005, 12:12 AM
thankfully they are done for today. I think by tomorrow they should be two floors down, which means that the alarms on our floor won't be going off. He's slowly relaxing and is currently snuggled up against my feet under the computer table. Every once in a while he's giving my toes a lick, so I know he's ok:)

Sirrahsim
03-01-2005, 12:14 AM
it's scary to think about what we would do in the event of a real fire. He likes to wedge himself up in the couch where we can't possibly get to him:eek: Hopefully we'll never have to find out.