PDA

View Full Version : That Canadian Catnip is really something!!!!

Logan
02-28-2005, 06:05 PM
First of all, thank you, Gary, for sending the catnip mouse to us!!! :) Now, let me tell you a little story about it's arrival.

I was the last one to come home today. Helen came first, then Scott, and Scott checked the mail on his way in. When I came into the dark kitchen, around 6:15 pm, I walked over to the bar and put down the dinner I had picked up on my way home and my purse and saw that there was some mail on the floor, so I picked it up. Didn't turn on the light, right away, though. When I did turn on the light a few minutes later, I looked at the mail on the counter. This is one of the envelopes that I saw:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid159/pe24c7e9595ff56c882a569a1ceadb1c6/f4f9810d.jpg

It was empty, but with definitely recognizable bite marks in the side of it, as you can see, too! :rolleyes:

I went in the living room with the envelope and asked Scott if he had opened it, and he said "no", that he had just put it on the counter in the kitchen with the other mail addressed to me. Hmmmmmmm.........Butter came inside when I came inside and so did Mimi. Scott did tell me that he had opened the sliding glass door to the deck and all 4 dogs, plus Butter, went out, about 20 minutes after he arrived home.

We started looking around because knowing that the package came from you, I knew what had been inside! We found this on the deck:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid159/p4c49216b78852165b16e31149362d7e9/f4f98110.jpg

Does it look familiar?? Hehehe!!!! I think Buttercup thought it was the GREATEST thing, ever!!!!! And there was no way he was waiting on his mama to get home to open that package!!! LOL!!!!! :D :D :D

We both say "thanks", Gary, and we're glad that the dogs didn't chew up that great Canadian Catnip mouse before we found it!!!!!! I swear, that boy keeps me in stitches all the time! He is just too funny!!!! :) And how appropriate that he would do this with your package!!!!!

Love,
Logan and Butter

sirrahbed
02-28-2005, 06:10 PM
Funny Logan!!! I think you are at least the 3rd of 4th person to report torn up envelopes from Gary!:p Hubby puts our mail on the table. When I got to it, that "special" envelope had a big hole chewed in it with a piece of twine and a pigeon feather hanging out!!

RedHedd
02-28-2005, 06:17 PM
LOL! I see your mouse walked out on the deck. One of the ones Gary sent the M's jumped up on the couch sometime during the night. Ms. Mitzi was sound asleep in her usual spot and wasn't talking. :D Those Canadian 'nip mousies sure do get around! :D

doolittleky
02-28-2005, 06:41 PM
Logan, that is too funny! Butter knew that package was really for him and not for you!

Melissa

catmandu
02-28-2005, 07:19 PM
I hate,to say,this Logan,but there was also a small Cat Nip Ball,in there,as well.Did you find,a crocheted Ball,about a few inches,around,as I pray,that one,of Your Dogs,didnt swallow it.

catnapper
02-28-2005, 07:27 PM
Hee hee... I'd say that was one greatly appreciated toy! He didn't even wait for his hoomans to come home and unwrap it for him!

Logan
02-28-2005, 08:15 PM
Gary, I do understand your concern over the dogs, and thank you for that concern. But, they have done worse than eat just a catnip ball. I'm just mad because I haven't gotten a picture of the cats with the toys yet!!!! :mad: I'm sure the dogs are fine, but I'm watching them closely. I'll report in later.

Logan

auggie
02-28-2005, 09:26 PM
So where are the Mimi and Butter pictures?

Kirsten
03-01-2005, 03:38 AM
Ha ha ha!! :D My girls acted exactly the same way, drooled over the evelope and even rolled on the spot where the package was lying!

They are absolutely addicted to that Canadian Catnip stuff. :D

Thank you very much Gary!! :)

Kirsten

Barbara
03-01-2005, 03:55 AM
Logan I think it is funny that you go to see Scott and ask him when you find an envelope with bite marks:D ;)

Hey Butter, you knew anyway it was for you!:)

Rachel
03-01-2005, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by catmandu
I hate,to say,this Logan,but there was also a small Cat Nip Ball,in there,as well.Did you find,a crocheted Ball,about a few inches,around,as I pray,that one,of Your Dogs,didnt swallow it.

I have this mental picture of one of the dogs innocently moseying over to where Butter's mail was and the Butter Buster giving it a hiss and a swipe with that lethal paw of his. It is doubtful that the dogs were even able to glance at any of Butter's stuff without a fight from the Bad Boy. No blood on the floor = the dogs haven't touched it. heehee My guess is Butter has his stash where nobody can get to it.

Logan
03-01-2005, 07:57 AM
I had to run that cat off the kitchen counter multiple times last night and this morning. He still "smells" that catnip, even though it isn't even up there anymore! LOL!!!!! :p

All dogs seem fine this morning, Gary. I'm sure Butter has stashed that ball away somewhere. We'll keep on looking for it. He did have fun chasing the mouse this morning. I threw it down the hall and he would chase after it, attack it, then bring it back for me to do it all over again!

Logan

QueenScoopalot
03-01-2005, 08:39 AM
I swear Gary loads those mice into catnip laced bags! Funny how the cats KNOW it's theirs. It's happened here (in the past) as well...the envelope is as much fun as the toys. :D

Logan
03-01-2005, 11:44 AM
Hey Gary!!!! I found the catnip ball!!!! And no dog had swallowed it either!! Apparently Butter was so enthusiastic, he had pushed it underneath a piece of furniture, but when I came home a few minutes ago to let the dogs out for a bit, there it was in the middle of the den floor! Hurray!!!! :) Just didn't want you to worry anymore.

Thanks again!!! :D

Logan

PS. Butter is asleep on my bed with the mouse beside him! :p

jazzcat
03-01-2005, 12:10 PM
LOL! Glad the mystery of the ball was solved.

The ball was only in sight here for less than 5 minutes. I saw both Scout and Rumor rolling down the hall like a good soccer match and then it was gone. I'm sure it will appear in a day or so for the next game.