PDA

View Full Version : Which Religion is Right for You? (Interesting Quiz)

popcornbird
02-28-2005, 05:02 PM
I wasn't sure if this should be posted in General or in the Dog House, but figured I'd post it here because its just a quiz and not something intended to lead into a discussion. Anyway, I thought it would be fun if we could all take this quiz and post our scores on PT, as well as our 'real' religion. Its pretty interesting.

http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=5495

I got 100% Islam...perfectly accurate score...he he he.

Kfamr
02-28-2005, 05:06 PM
I got 95% Agnosticism.
Just about right on the dot. ;)
Next, at 45% was Hinduism.

animal_rescue
02-28-2005, 05:07 PM
I got 100% christianity

Lexi_Lover
02-28-2005, 05:13 PM
Christianity ------------------ 70%
Islam ---------------- 60%
Hinduism -------------- 50%
Agnosticism------------ 40%
Satanism ---------- 35%
Judaism ------- 25%
Atheism ---- 20%

My religion really is Christain too! :D

petslover
02-28-2005, 05:14 PM
Your views are most similar to those of Christianity.

Christianity- 95%
Islam-75%

I wouldn't consider myself only 95% though. I love God fully. I am a Christian!

cali
02-28-2005, 05:27 PM
You scored as Agnosticism. You are an agnostic. You neither believe nor disbelieve in God. You don't believe it is possible to prove the existence of God (nor lack thereof).

I got 90% for this lol and that description fits me almost perfectly, I do believe in God but in not the same way as most people, I believe that you cant prove any religon one way or the other, when people say "why would God allow this to happen?" well I have my own theorys on that one lol

chrissycat21
02-28-2005, 05:31 PM
I got Hinduism. :)

Buddy Blaze Lover
02-28-2005, 05:40 PM
Christian, which is true!;)

GraciesMommy
02-28-2005, 05:40 PM
You scored as Christianity...100%

Cookiebaker
02-28-2005, 06:10 PM
100% Christianity :) Which I am!

All Creatures Great And Small
02-28-2005, 06:19 PM
Wow, I got 80% Agnosticism followed by 75% Satanism!! I can see me as an agnostic, but definitely NOT a Satanist.

I actually worship kitties :D so I am a Cat-nostic. :p

wolfie
02-28-2005, 06:27 PM
heh

You scored as Satanism.

edit: I forgot to post my real religion. I don't have one...

prechrswife
02-28-2005, 06:29 PM
100% Christianity, which is true.:)

chocolatepuppy
02-28-2005, 06:32 PM
100% Christianity, correct! :D

Luvin Labs
02-28-2005, 06:37 PM
heehee

Atheism 80%

You are... an atheist, though you probably already knew this. Also, you probably have several people praying daily for your soul

I was 20% with Xtianity.

and keeeerect!

MariaM
02-28-2005, 06:45 PM
Islam

90%
Christianity

85%

I am Roman Catholic...christian.

GoldenRetrLuver
02-28-2005, 06:48 PM
I got 80% Agnosticism. Pretty accurate. :)

Satanism was next at 60%.

Interesting test.

KYS
02-28-2005, 06:56 PM
Islam
80%

Agnosticism was 2nd

RICHARD
02-28-2005, 06:57 PM
Atheist 80 %

And then a pop up ad jumped on the screen that said I had won a FREE iPod!!!

There must be a god after all!:)

Recovering Catholic.:confused:

KYS
02-28-2005, 06:59 PM
posted by RICHARD:

And then a pop up ad jumped on the screen that said I had won FREE iPod!!!
There must be a god after all!:) >>>>>>

LOL! Nothing popped up when I took the quiz!

tikeyas_mom
02-28-2005, 08:37 PM
Agnosticism.

thats what i got...

which isnt true at all..

luckies4me
02-28-2005, 09:08 PM
Matches me perfectly!

You scored as Agnosticism.

You are an agnostic. You neither believe nor disbelieve in God. You don't believe it is possible to prove the existence of God (nor lack thereof).

Agnosticism

90%

Satanism

65%

Atheism

50%

Hinduism

40%

Christianity

30%

Judaism

30%

Islam

10%

shutterbug0303
02-28-2005, 09:09 PM
I scored 100% Christian...totally true! :D

Only one problem...it said "Consider being baptized, if you aren't already Christian."....

I wish they wouldn't say that in that fashion. My belief...being baptized does not save you, it is a profession of faith/being received into the church/parents committing to raise you in a Christian surrounding. They make it sound like it will. :(

(hope I didn't "discuss" too much :o ) lol

The Cat Factory
02-28-2005, 09:12 PM

You are an agnostic. You neither believe nor disbelieve in God. You don't believe it is possible to prove the existence of God (nor lack thereof).

Agnosticism 90%
Atheism 80%
Satanism 60%
Hinduism 50%
Islam 35%
Judaism 35%
Christianity 10%

PJ's Mom
02-28-2005, 10:36 PM

Agnosticism
90%

Islam
60%

Atheism
60%

Hinduism
55%

Satanism
40%

Judaism
40%

Christianity
25%

Pretty accurate. :)

slleipnir
02-28-2005, 10:56 PM
I don't really want to take the quiz, but I know I'd be under Agnosticism

Suki Wingy
02-28-2005, 11:07 PM
Your beliefs most closely resemble those of Satanism!
feel free to satisfy their urges responsibly, exhibit kindness to their friends, and attack their enemies. There are perhaps ten thousand Satanists in North America. By far the largest Satanic organization is the Church of Satan. Accurate membership numbers are quite impossible to estimate.

Satanism
90%

Atheism
65%

Agnosticism
65%

Hinduism
40%

Islam
35%

Judaism
25%

Christianity
20%

Wow! a whopping 20% Christian!?!
I always thought I was atheist, but MY DOG IS GOD! LOL!

wolf_Q
02-28-2005, 11:23 PM
Christianity

80%
Islam

75%
Satanism

55%
Agnosticism

55%
Atheism

30%
Judaism

30%
Hinduism

20%

Oggyflute
03-01-2005, 12:02 AM

And here I thought that an Agnostic was just an Athiest without the strengh of his convictions. :confused:

manda_moo87
03-01-2005, 01:42 AM
You scored as Christianity.

Your views are most similar to those of Christianity. Consider being baptized, if you aren't already Christian.

I AM a Christian. :)

Christianity 70%
Islam 50%
Judaism 45%
Hinduism 45%
Agnosticism 45%
Satanism 25%
Atheism 15%

cloverfdx
03-01-2005, 06:06 AM
90% Atheism

Thats pretty much right, and i dont mind admitting to it either :D.

neko1
03-01-2005, 06:37 AM
Satanism (heehee I'm evil :p)
85%

Agnosticism
80%

Atheism
70%

Judaism
50%

Islam
40%

Hinduism
30%

Christianity
5%

Christiansmommy
03-01-2005, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by shutterbug0303
I scored 100% Christian...totally true! :D

Only one problem...it said "Consider being baptized, if you aren't already Christian."....

I wish they wouldn't say that in that fashion. My belief...being baptized does not save you, it is a profession of faith/being received into the church/parents committing to raise you in a Christian surrounding. They make it sound like it will. :(

(hope I didn't "discuss" too much :o ) lol

I also got 100% Christian!! And I am a Christian!!

Just wanted to mention...shutterbug...you are correct...you do not need to be baptised to be considered a Christian and to be considered saved...just wanted you to know i agree with you 100% ;) I guess that is enough on that discussion ;)

Samantha Puppy
03-01-2005, 07:50 AM
98% Christianity - right on! :)

MULTICATMOM
03-01-2005, 08:09 AM
Christianity

100%
CORRECT, THAT WAS FREAKY YET ENLIGHTENING...

Maresche
03-01-2005, 08:28 AM
Hinduism

85%
Agnosticism

80%
Islam

60%
Judaism

55%
Satanism

45%
Atheism

40%
Christianity

15%

Close enough considering I don't consider myself to be any one religion anyway. I'm just a little confused that it ranks me as being more Atheistic than Christian when I do believe there is a higher power than mankind. Oh well....

mina'smomma
03-01-2005, 01:49 PM
75% Christianity
25% Judaism-what belief is this?

Maresche
03-01-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by mina'smomma

Jewish, I believe.

ramanth
03-01-2005, 02:16 PM
Satanism 90%
Agnosticism 80%
Hinduism 70%
Atheism 70%
Judaism 40%
Islam 20%
Christianity 20%

Hn. Doesn't really describe me. Satan is a Christian concept and since I don't believe in the Christian God, I don't believe in Satan.

I'm much more Pagan than anything and it wasn't one of the options. Guess whoever made the quiz figures if your a pagan you're a heathen.
:rolleyes:

Interesting none the less. :)

Orca
03-01-2005, 03:07 PM
I'm 90% Agnosticism, and after I read the description, it really fits. I also find it humerous because thats after years of being forced to go to church every Sunday and religious education :rolleyes:

Desert Arabian
03-01-2005, 03:43 PM
Agnosticism- 75%

Pretty much....I don't have a religion and I don't pay attention to religion.... :/

Desert Arabian
03-01-2005, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by All Creatures Great And Small
Wow, I got 80% Agnosticism followed by 75% Satanism!! I can see me as an agnostic, but definitely NOT a Satanist.

I actually worship kitties :D so I am a Cat-nostic. :p

MOM!! A Satanist!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....sure can't picture that one!

Luvin Labs
03-01-2005, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Oggyflute

And here I thought that an Agnostic was just an Athiest without the strengh of his convictions. :confused:

Nope, that paragraph starting with "You are an agnostic" is the right definition for it.

An athiest without the strength of convictions is a 'weak athiest' (dunno WHY they have that terminology, but ah well)...

:)

Uabassoon
03-01-2005, 06:11 PM

Agnosticism 95%

Satanism 85%

Atheism 55%

Judaism 45%

Hinduism 40%

Islam 40%

Christianity 35%

For the most part this seems right except that half the people on PT are borderline Satanists!

I almost wonder if maybe they are confused with paganism. They left it out as an option and it's a pretty big/major religion.

CathyBogart
03-01-2005, 06:39 PM
It seems as though most of the people who got satanism did not read up on it at all - it's not what you think, look into it a bit. ;) Since paganism was not on this list, I have to agree with my score based on the choices available...

Satanism 100%
Agnosticism 65%
Islam 45%
Hinduism45%
Atheism 35%
Judaism 30%
Christianity 20%

Luvin Labs
03-01-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
For the most part this seems right except that half the people on PT are borderline Satanists!

I almost wonder if maybe they are confused with paganism. They left it out as an option and it's a pretty big/major religion.

I agree for the most part, should probably be Paganism with a bit of anti Pagan bias has it as Satanism instead (totally wrong for Paganism though!) wow. :)

Uabassoon
03-01-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by WolfChan
It seems as though most of the people who got satanism did not read up on it at all - it's not what you think, look into it a bit. ;) Since paganism was not on this list, I have to agree with my score based on the choices available...

It doesn't offer links, I just see my first choice and then satanism. I'm not complaining, just that most people aren't going to bother to search because a quiz called them a satanist.

K9karen
03-02-2005, 12:30 AM
Agnosticism
Hinduism
Judaism
Islam
Satanism
Atheism
Christianity

popcornbird
03-02-2005, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Christiansmommy
I also got 100% Christian!! And I am a Christian!!

Just wanted to mention...shutterbug...you are correct...you do not need to be baptised to be considered a Christian and to be considered saved...just wanted you to know i agree with you 100% ;) I guess that is enough on that discussion ;)

Now you've got me wondering. :p LOL! How does one 'convert' to Christianity? I mean...how is it done? I always thought you have to be baptised? When someone wants to convert to Islam, they just have to take an oath of their belief in front of a witness.

wolfsoul
03-02-2005, 12:35 AM
I really am agnostic. his made me laugh because I have the three "worst" (as religious people would say atleast) at the top. :p

Agnosticism 90%
Satanism 80%
Atheism 65%
Islam 60%
Hinduism 35%
Judaism 30%
Christianity 10%

Christiansmommy
03-02-2005, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by popcornbird
Now you've got me wondering. :p LOL! How does one 'convert' to Christianity? I mean...how is it done? I always thought you have to be baptised? When someone wants to convert to Islam, they just have to take an oath of their belief in front of a witness.

:) to become a Christian, you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, you believe in His death, burial, ressurection, that He is Messiah, Savior...and you are "saved" or a Christian. It is all based on faith in Him...and a personal relationship that you have with Jesus Christ. Christ knows your heart and if you are truely saved. John 3:16 in the Bible says," For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotton Son, that whosoever believeth in Him, shall not perish, but have everlasting life." This is a key verse to young childlen who become Christians ( you can become saved at any point in ones life...young...old)...but this verse is taught at a young age, and I happened to be saved at a young age...I came to believe in Christ young. And as I grew into an adult, my personal realtionship ( prayer time, etc.) became more strong, so to speak, with Christ...since you are always "growing" as a christian. Again, Christ knows your true heart...and since that is a fact in our religion...the Christian has a desire to live for Christ, and follow his teachings out of love for Christ ...but, by all means, you do not have to "work" to become a Christian and live eternally in Heaven..." By grace are ye saved, thru faith...not by works, so that no man can boast"...

The term "Christianity" is somewhat a broad term...because both Catholics and, for instance, Baptists call themselves Christians ( and the way our churches are run are different, i believe Catholics also have 2 Bibles)...the main difference is, i believe, Catholics do need to be baptised to enter heaven...and also confess their sins to a Priest...where Baptists, Methodists, etc...do not need to be baptised to be saved and do not need to confess any sins to anyone but to God, when He lays them heavy on your heart... Hope that explained it for you :)

Edit: As I said, i believe Catholics have 2 Bibles,I am not sure that Catholics really have 2 actual Bibles, but they have some added chapters in a different book, other than the Bible, that Methodists, Baptists, Bible Churches, etc. do not use, or believe they were divinely inspired. So i think that covers the difference there...but overall, the Catholic church, as well as Bible believing churches ( Baptist, Methodist, etc), have a lot of the same basis/foundations for their religions...but one key thing with the Baptism, means something completely different to both "Christian" religions...we baptize just as a statement of our faith in God, and doing it before a church, publically acknowledges our faith that we have in God ( but it is not neccessary to bceome saved)...it is not a key in our religion to help us get to heaven...where, I think, it is in Catholic Christian churches...

BitsyNaceyDog
03-02-2005, 07:49 AM
My score...

Christianity-100%
Islam-85%
Judaism-50%
Satanism-25%
Agnosticism-25%
Atheism-20%
Hinduism-5%

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-02-2005, 07:58 AM
100% christianity

:D

sirrahbed
03-02-2005, 08:31 AM
Christianity 100% This is correct for me:)
Islam 100%
Agnosticism 20%
Judaism 20%
Satanism 0%
Atheism 0%
Hinduism 0%

How can I be 100% both Christian and Islam??:eek: Because we both believe in the same God??(God of Abraham and Moses)

mina'smomma
03-02-2005, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by mina'smomma
75% Christianity

Well Judaism is the Jewish faith, but I follow the Christian faith over anything.

Tina
03-02-2005, 09:51 AM
Agnosticism---- 70%

Christianity---- 60%

Islam---- 55%

Judaism---- 40%

Hinduism---- 35%

Satanism--- 25%

Atheism----20%

catnapper
03-02-2005, 10:01 AM
Color me surprised... I was raised Catholic and went to 8 years of Catholic school....

Islam - 80%
Christianity - 55%
Agnosticism - 55%
Judaism - 30%
Satanism - 30%
Atheism - 30%
Hinduism - 30%

joanofark
03-02-2005, 10:29 AM
Christianity - 100%

I'm a Catholic.:)

popcornbird
03-02-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
Christianity 100% This is correct for me:)
Islam 100%
Agnosticism 20%
Judaism 20%
Satanism 0%
Atheism 0%
Hinduism 0%

How can I be 100% both Christian and Islam??:eek: Because we both believe in the same God??(God of Abraham and Moses)

Hey what are you? A Christian and a Muslim at the same time? He he he!!! I always thought you were one of those Christians who has very similar 'ideals' to Muslims. Maybe that's why. ;)

Christiansmommy, thanks for the explanation. So you don't have to 'declare' your faith...just keep it in your heart? How would others know one's a Christian then (if that person wasn't born into it)? In Islam, you pretty much just have to bear witness that there's only one God and that Muhammad is His last prophet/messenger, and while I do believe just having that in your heart makes you a Muslim, you're supposed to say the oath in front of at least one witness, so that it becomes publically known.

Christiansmommy
03-02-2005, 12:23 PM
Popcornbird~

Actually, you can't really be "born into it"...it is one's individual decision... for example, just b/c my parents are Christian's doesn't mean that I will be, or am...of course, Christian parents raise their kids in the Christian religion, but it is up to each individual if you are going to believen in Christ, and live your life for Him.

Since we don't take an oath like your religion...we have something called testimonies that describe when we got saved...and it just an explanation of when you got saved...your testimony. You wouldn't get baptized if you weren't first saved ( came to the realization that you wanted to follow God and believe in Him in your heart), so when you do get baptized, it is a public statement of your faith to the congregation...but like i said, it is not neccessary that a Christian gets baptized in order to gain salvation...if we "had" to get baptized then that would be considered works, and we don't have to "work" for our salvation...we just have to be sinners, who want to devote our lives to living for Christ and following his teaching...on our own free will...out of love...and naturally try to be as Christ-like as possible...although, no one is perfect or sinless...there is a saying..." Not perfect, just forgiven" :)

Hope that helps you to understand better :)

Robyn

Amber
03-02-2005, 12:44 PM
80% satanism

even though my family follows christianinty (75%)...I know nothing about religion to be honest. And some of the questions were odd.

Buddy Blaze Lover
03-02-2005, 04:03 PM
The term "Christianity" is somewhat a broad term...because both Catholics and, for instance, Baptists call themselves Christians ( and the way our churches are run are different, i
Edit: As I said, i believe Catholics have 2 Bibles,I am not sure that Catholics really have 2 actual Bibles, but they have some added chapters in a different book, other than the Bible, that Methodists, Baptists, Bible Churches, etc. do not use, or believe they were divinely inspired. So i think that covers the difference there...but overall, the Catholic church, as well as Bible believing churches ( Baptist, Methodist, etc), have a lot of the same basis/foundations for their religions...but one key thing with the Baptism, means something completely different to both "Christian" religions...we baptize just as a statement of our faith in God, and doing it before a church, publically acknowledges our faith that we have in God ( but it is not neccessary to bceome saved)...it is not a key in our religion to help us get to heaven...where, I think, it is in Catholic Christian churches...

Catholics don't have two Bibles, their Bible just has 6 more books than Protestants, after Martin Luther took them out.:)

wolflady
03-02-2005, 04:26 PM
Yes, this isn't a very good quiz because there are so many religions and they tried to condense it down into just a few. Plus, I don't agree that Satinism should have been a choice...after all, it didn't ask if you worshipped the Devil and if you were evil! :eek:

Anyway, for those of you who like taking quizzes, here is a more in-depth quiz that covers all the bases...take it and see what you get!

http://selectsmart.com/RELIGION/

Oddly enough...it ranked me as a Neo Pagan, closely followed by Hinduism...

Logan
03-02-2005, 04:32 PM
That's an indepth quiz, Karen. I'm going to tackle it later. I took Popcornbird's quiz yesterday and I scored 100% Christianity and 75% Islam.....the rest were much lower in their percentages. Your quiz has questions that might make me need a dictionary! :o So I'll wait and take it when I have more time! LOL!!

Edwina's Secretary
03-02-2005, 04:36 PM
I think there is much similarity between Islam, Christianity, and Judaism so I can see where one could be 100% in accordance with more than one. I lived in an Orthodox Jewish area in Chicago and was always struck by the similarities. The covering of women's heads for example....dietary restrictions for another...

Here's what Satanism is...
as a very small religious group that is unrelated to any other faith, and whose members feel free to satisfy their urges responsibly, exhibit kindness to their friends, and attack their enemies.

Satanism is the utter rejection of the spiritual way of theistic religions, and the honest admission that we are just animals who evolve as any other complex system. It is not about devil worship....

wolflady
03-02-2005, 04:40 PM
Sounds good Logan! Yes, this quiz is definitely more in-depth and I think it's actually a great tool for people who are looking for a faith and/or exploring new faiths...

Here were my results:

Your Results:

1. Neo-Pagan (100%)
Browse Neo-Pagan related books. Click here for info

2. Mahayana Buddhism (99%)
Browse Mahayana Buddhism related books. Click here for info

3. Hinduism (97%)
Browse Hinduism related books. Click here for info

4. Jainism (95%)
Browse Jainism related books. Click here for info

5. Sikhism (77%)
Browse Sikhism related books. Click here for info

6. Theravada Buddhism (75%)
Browse Theravada Buddhism related books. Click here for info

7. Unitarian Universalism (75%)
Browse Unitarian Universalism related books. Click here for info

8. New Age (73%)
Browse New Age related books. Click here for info

9. Reform Judaism (72%)
Browse Reform Judaism related books. Click here for info

10. Bahá'Ã_ Faith (69%)
Browse Bahá'Ã_ Faith related books. Click here for info

11. Liberal Quakers (68%)
Browse Liberal Quakers related books. Click here for info

12. Orthodox Judaism (67%)
Browse Orthodox Judaism related books. Click here for info

13. Islam (57%)
Browse Islam related books. Click here for info

14. New Thought (53%)
Browse New Thought related books. Click here for info

15. Taoism (50%)
Browse Taoism related books. Click here for info

16. Mainline - Liberal Christian Protestants (49%)
Browse Mainline - Liberal Christian Protestants related books. Click here for info

17. Orthodox Quaker (47%)
Browse Orthodox Quaker related books. Click here for info

18. Scientology (42%)
Browse Scientology related books. Click here for info

19. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (33%)
Browse Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) related books. Click here for info

20. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (30%)
Browse Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) related books. Click here for info

21. Secular Humanism (29%)
Browse Secular Humanism related books. Click here for info

22. Mainline - Conservative Christian Protestant (27%)
Browse Mainline - Conservative Christian Protestant related books. Click here for info

23. Seventh Day Adventist (22%)
Browse Seventh Day Adventist related books. Click here for info

24. Eastern Orthodox (20%)
Browse Eastern Orthodox related books. Click here for info

25. Roman Catholic (20%)
Browse Roman Catholic related books. Click here for info

26. Non-theist (19%)
Browse Non-theist related books. Click here for info

27. Jehovah's Witness (17%)
Browse Jehovah's Witness related books. Click here for info

It's weird, because I was born and brought of Catholic, so I've always considered myself as a Christian. But, I do remember my best friend and I always felt out of place. I believe is some aspects of the religion, but not all. I used to feel like a hypocrite because of this :( My friend and I used to joke and talk about how we needed to form our own religion, because what we were taught in school we may or may not have agreed with. Does that make sense?
I don't think any one religion is right or wrong. I personally think all religions are right simply because if you look at it from a broad perspective....they all have a similar underlying meaning.

There is a force greater than us.

Whatever people choose to lean on or follow as a way of life, is right in my book.

I've always been fascinated by religions...but maybe I should explore some of these other ones more in-depth. I just have to get over feeling bad about it.
**hugs**
Karen

mr. ian
03-02-2005, 04:41 PM
I took Popcornbird's quiz yesterday and I scored: WHAT?!?
Satanism 100%
Islam 90%
Agnosticism 80%
Christianity 80%
Hinduism 70%
Atheism 40%
Judaism 40%

Atheism = 100%; Christianity = 80% would be the accurate one but i got satanism for 100%... now thats new:eek:

mr. ian
03-02-2005, 04:57 PM
here's my results from www.selectsmart.com:

Orthodox Quaker (100%)
Browse Orthodox Quaker related books. Click here for info

2. Mainline - Liberal Christian Protestants (95%)
Browse Mainline - Liberal Christian Protestants related books. Click here for info

3. Unitarian Universalism (93%)
Browse Unitarian Universalism related books. Click here for info

4. Liberal Quakers (88%)
Browse Liberal Quakers related books. Click here for info

5. Mainline - Conservative Christian Protestant (77%)
Browse Mainline - Conservative Christian Protestant related books. Click here for info

6. Hinduism (72%)
Browse Hinduism related books. Click here for info

7. Seventh Day Adventist (70%)
Browse Seventh Day Adventist related books. Click here for info

8. Sikhism (69%)
Browse Sikhism related books. Click here for info

9. Bahá'Ã_ Faith (69%)
Browse Bahá'Ã_ Faith related books. Click here for info

10. New Age (66%)
Browse New Age related books. Click here for info

11. Orthodox Judaism (66%)
Browse Orthodox Judaism related books. Click here for info

12. Reform Judaism (65%)
Browse Reform Judaism related books. Click here for info

13. Theravada Buddhism (65%)
Browse Theravada Buddhism related books. Click here for info

14. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (63%)
Browse Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) related books. Click here for info

15. Neo-Pagan (63%)
Browse Neo-Pagan related books. Click here for info

16. New Thought (63%)
Browse New Thought related books. Click here for info

17. Scientology (62%)
Browse Scientology related books. Click here for info

18. Islam (61%)
Browse Islam related books. Click here for info

19. Mahayana Buddhism (61%)
Browse Mahayana Buddhism related books. Click here for info

20. Eastern Orthodox (58%)
Browse Eastern Orthodox related books. Click here for info

21. Roman Catholic (58%)
Browse Roman Catholic related books. Click here for info

22. Jainism (55%)
Browse Jainism related books. Click here for info

23. Secular Humanism (50%)
Browse Secular Humanism related books. Click here for info

24. Taoism (42%)
Browse Taoism related books. Click here for info

25. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (41%)
Browse Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) related books. Click here for info

26. Jehovah's Witness (41%)
Browse Jehovah's Witness related books. Click here for info

27. Non-theist (33%)
Browse Non-theist related books. Click here for info

Orthodox Quaker A Christocentric branch (Note other Quaker branches: Wilburites are traditional; Gurneyites are progressive, evangelical, and bible-centered; Hicksites and Beanites are liberal, primarily in eastern USA.)

Belief in Deities and Incarnations: There is a Trinity of the Father (God), the Son (Christ), and the Holy Spirit that comprises one God Almighty. God is personal and incorporeal.
Incarnations: Jesus Christ is God's only incarnation. God is manifest within all as the light. Jesus possessed the light to the highest degree and is "the Light" within.
Origins of universe/life: The most orthodox Quakers hold to authority of the Bible, and the Book of Genesis - that God created all in less than seven days and less that 10,000 years ago. But many would maintain that a Biblical "day" is not a literal 24 hours.
After death: Most orthodox Quakers believe in direct reward and punishment, heaven and hell, the second coming of Christ and resurrection of the dead (similar to conservative Christian).
Why evil? Some Orthodox Quakers adhere to similar beliefs as conservative Christians - belief in original sin and Satan. Many believe that lack of awareness of God's divine light within, or rebellion against it, is the cause of wrongdoing, and that alienation from God leaves one vulnerable to temptation, or Satan.
Salvation: Some Friends churches include rites of baptism and communion, but sacraments to God are most often considered to arise from inward experiences, a personal encounter with God, rather than church ritual. Salvation is found internally through union with Christ, the divine Light within all. Many Quaker churches, e.g. Evangelical, believe similarly to Conservative Protestant, that salvation is a free gift from God, with faith, independent of good works. Yet, moral behavior and good works are viewed as essential to showing faith and obedience to God. Good works, such as humanitarian service, social justice, and peace efforts are an expression of Christian love. Simplicity and humility are viewed as essential to living a Christian life.
Undeserved suffering: The most orthodox Quakers maintain that Satan causes suffering. Suffering is allowed by God as part of His divine will and plan. Quakers focus on reducing human suffering, especially that caused by social injustice or violence.
Contemporary Issues: Contemporary Issues: Social betterment programs and nonviolence are fundamental to Quakerism. Some Orthodox Quaker churches are very accepting of homosexuality and others condemn it as contrary to God's will.

jazzcat
03-02-2005, 05:01 PM

The term "Christianity" is somewhat a broad term...because both Catholics and, for instance, Baptists call themselves Christians ( and the way our churches are run are different, i believe Catholics also have 2 Bibles)...the main difference is, i believe, Catholics do need to be baptised to enter heaven...and also confess their sins to a Priest...where Baptists, Methodists, etc...do not need to be baptised to be saved and do not need to confess any sins to anyone but to God, when He lays them heavy on your heart... Hope that explained it for you :)

Edit: but one key thing with the Baptism, means something completely different to both "Christian" religions...we baptize just as a statement of our faith in God, and doing it before a church, publically acknowledges our faith that we have in God ( but it is not neccessary to bceome saved)...it is not a key in our religion to help us get to heaven...where, I think, it is in Catholic Christian churches...
I live in the south in the heart of the Bible Belt. As a Christian you can be saved without being baptized but if you are Southern Baptist you are also required to be baptized to become a member of the church. I was brought up Methodist where this isn't required but my husband is Southern Baptist and I cannot join his church (if I ever wanted to) without being baptized by immersion first.

sirrahbed
03-02-2005, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by wolflady
Anyway, for those of you who like taking quizzes, here is a more in-depth quiz that covers all the bases...take it and see what you get!

Interesting. I took the quiz and was correctly listed as a conservative protestant Christian.

Then, for grins, I took it again - answering as I would have about 25 years ago when I had no faith that I knew of -
and it labeled me a liberal mainline protestant Christian.

I find this very odd because I was not a Christian at all then and answered as such. It makes me wonder what "liberal" Christians believe??:eek:

Christiansmommy
03-02-2005, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by jazzcat
I live in the south in the heart of the Bible Belt. As a Christian you can be saved without being baptized but if you are Southern Baptist you are also required to be baptized to become a member of the church. I was brought up Methodist where this isn't required but my husband is Southern Baptist and I cannot join his church (if I ever wanted to) without being baptized by immersion first.

Yes, infact I am a member of a Baptist church currently ( but have moved and I am now attending a Bible Church)...i wanted to get Baptized, and in the same process became a member there...they also would like you to be baptized before becoming a member, but that is different from becoming baptized in order to gain salvation...it is still not neccessary for that ( which I am sure you know) ;) Just clarifying for others :)

Robyn

DJFyrewolf36
03-02-2005, 07:50 PM
Your beliefs are most similar to those of Islam. Consider taking the shahadah and officially becoming a Muslim, if you aren't already.

Islam

85%
Agnosticism

65%
Christianity

65%
Hinduism

60%
Satanism

55%
Atheism

25%
Judaism

25%

Interesting. I concider myself a Christian however I would like to learn more about Islam though.

The Cat Factory
03-02-2005, 08:20 PM
Here are my results from the poll that Wolflady posted:

# 1. Unitarian Universalism (100%)
# 2. Non-theist (86%)
# 3. Secular Humanism (86%)
# 4. Theravada Buddhism (85%)
# 5. Liberal Quakers (73%)
# 6. Neo-Pagan (69%)
# 7. Mainline - Liberal Christian Protestants (67%)
# 8. Reform Judaism (57%)
# 9. New Age (56%)
# 10. Mahayana Buddhism (49%)
# 11. Taoism (41%)
# 12. New Thought (38%)
# 13. Sikhism (35%)
# 14. Mainline - Conservative Christian Protestant (32%)
# 15. Orthodox Judaism (30%)
# 16. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (26%)
# 17. Hinduism (26%)
# 18. Seventh Day Adventist (26%)
# 19. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (22%)
# 20. Scientology (22%)
# 21. Orthodox Quaker (21%)
# 22. Bahá'Ã_ Faith (17%)
# 23. Eastern Orthodox (17%)
# 24. Islam (17%)
# 25. Jainism (17%)
# 26. Roman Catholic (17%)
# 27. Jehovah's Witness (8%)

cocker_luva
03-02-2005, 10:33 PM
no religion is for me...i already know.

micki76
03-02-2005, 11:16 PM
No big surpise here other than Satanism. :rolleyes:

Agnosticism-80%

Atheism-60%

Islam-60%

Satanism-50%

Judaism-30%

Hinduism-30%

Christianity-20%

chelsea
03-03-2005, 06:04 AM
Here are my results, cool quiz;

Your Results:

1. Neo-Pagan (100%)
2. Unitarian Universalism (96%)
3. New Age (80%)
4. Liberal Quakers (80%)
5. Theravada Buddhism (79%)
6. Mahayana Buddhism (75%)
7. Sikhism (75%)
8. Jainism (74%)
9. Secular Humanism (73%)
10. Reform Judaism (73%)
11. Mainline - Liberal Christian Protestants (60%)
12. Bahá'ß Faith (53%)
13. Hinduism (51%)
14. Taoism (51%)
15. Orthodox Judaism (48%)
16. Orthodox Quaker (46%)
17. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (45%)
18. New Thought (45%)
19. Non-theist (43%)
20. Scientology (36%)
21. Islam (34%)
22. Jehovah's Witness (31%)
23. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (24%)
24. Mainline - Conservative Christian Protestant (18%)
25. Seventh Day Adventist (17%)
26. Eastern Orthodox (14%)
27. Roman Catholic (14%)

popcornbird
03-03-2005, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by wolflady

It's weird, because I was born and brought of Catholic, so I've always considered myself as a Christian. But, I do remember my best friend and I always felt out of place. I believe is some aspects of the religion, but not all. I used to feel like a hypocrite because of this :( My friend and I used to joke and talk about how we needed to form our own religion, because what we were taught in school we may or may not have agreed with. Does that make sense?
I don't think any one religion is right or wrong. I personally think all religions are right simply because if you look at it from a broad perspective....they all have a similar underlying meaning.

There is a force greater than us.

Whatever people choose to lean on or follow as a way of life, is right in my book.

I've always been fascinated by religions...but maybe I should explore some of these other ones more in-depth. I just have to get over feeling bad about it.
**hugs**
Karen

Maybe you should explore other religions if that's how you feel. I think we all go through periods when something inside us causes us to wonder why we're here...why we exist, etc., and we go about looking for answers. Its human nature, and probably something God put in us to lead us to Him. Sometimes its good to know the history and details of other religions. It helps broaden your mind and helps you see and analyze what seems to be more appropriate. Personally, I like to know about other religions. Learning and researching can sometimes be a good eye-opener.

Logan
03-03-2005, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Buddy Blaze Lover
Catholics don't have two Bibles, their Bible just has 6 more books than Protestants, after Martin Luther took them out.:)

I never knew that!!!!! :o

wolflady
03-03-2005, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
Maybe you should explore other religions if that's how you feel. I think we all go through periods when something inside us causes us to wonder why we're here...why we exist, etc., and we go about looking for answers. Its human nature, and probably something God put in us to lead us to Him. Sometimes its good to know the history and details of other religions. It helps broaden your mind and helps you see and analyze what seems to be more appropriate. Personally, I like to know about other religions. Learning and researching can sometimes be a good eye-opener.

Thanks PCB. You're right. I've really started looking at other religions, and it is an eye-opener. What I find interesting is how similar some of them are.
:)
**hugs**

Logan
03-03-2005, 07:25 PM
Karen, my husband is a walking encyclopedia about religion. He has that "curious" piece to him, and he actually has a minor in Religion with his degree in Chemistry! What a strange combination. You and he might enjoy "talking" by email. He loves to investigate and learn, constantly.

Anyway, the reason I was posting again was I just read someone's post (already forgot who it was) about the Baptist church and requiring the immersion baptism to officially join the church. My sister is an ordained Baptist minister, as is her husband, and they both grew up in the United Methodist Church. Both had to be baptized again, which didn't seem to bother either of them, but it was bothersome to our Methodist parents...and me....to a certain extent. I have heard, in recent years, that some Baptist churches are letting up on that requirement and recognizing the infant baptism that many receive in other Protestant churches. I belong to the United Methodist Church...always have, and I would hope that my baptism, way back in 1962 is still valid, regardless of where I go to church!

wolflady
03-03-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Logan
Karen, my husband is a walking encyclopedia about religion. He has that "curious" piece to him, and he actually has a minor in Religion with his degree in Chemistry! What a strange combination. You and he might enjoy "talking" by email. He loves to investigate and learn, constantly.

That would be really interesting, Logan...thanks! :)

rizzy
03-03-2005, 09:07 PM
This was a really neat quiz, thanks a lot for sharing. I personally would like more religious stuff on this website. My results were...
You scored as Christianity.

Your views are most similar to those of Christianity. Consider being baptized, if you aren't already Christian.

Christianity-----100%
Islam ----------45%
Agnosticism ----30%
Judaism --------25%
Atheism --------20%
Hinduism -------15%
Satanism------- 0%

KYS
03-03-2005, 09:15 PM
I took the test again, this time from :

Top 2