PDA

View Full Version : a sad remembrance

davidpizzica
02-28-2005, 03:32 PM
It will be 8 years tomorrow that my mom passed away. She had altzheimers and didn't remember a thing for the last 6 months. I still miss her terribly.

K9soul
02-28-2005, 03:36 PM
David, I will light a candle for your mother's memory. I know your heart must ache as you think of her and miss her. Alzheimer's is such a difficult thing to witness, especially in someone you love so dearly :(

carole
02-28-2005, 03:43 PM
David I am sad with you my friend, HUGS to you, she will be forever in your heart and memories, remember her with love and that she brought up a wonderful caring,kind and compassionate son.

tatsxxx11
02-28-2005, 04:19 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you friend as you reflect on that very sad day:( To lose a parent to such a horrific disease is heartwrenching. I'm sure your Mom was a very special lady, having such a find son as you. {{{HUGS}}} Sandra

luvofallhorses
02-28-2005, 04:23 PM
I am sorry for your tragic loss, I don't know what I would do w/out my mother**hugs**

momoffuzzyfaces
02-28-2005, 04:30 PM
Prayers on the way to help ease the hurt.
I lost Dad 6 years ago on the 27th of March. He had Alzheimer's too.
I wonder if your Mom and my parents have met up on the other side yet?

davidpizzica
02-28-2005, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
Prayers on the way to help ease the hurt.
I lost Dad 6 years ago on the 27th of March. He had Alzheimer's too.
I wonder if your Mom and my parents have met up on the other side yet? Connie, I'm willing to bet that they are both looking down on us and wondering what the fuss is about!

momoffuzzyfaces
02-28-2005, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by david p
Connie, I'm willing to bet that they are both looking down on us and wondering what the fuss is about! I think you are probably right about that!;)

shutterbug0303
02-28-2005, 07:18 PM
Prayers being lifted for your day tomorrow. I know it is not easy to have to remember days like this. Do something special in rememberance of her...even something little like pulling out pictures could bring peace to your heart. I will be thinking of you.

moosmom
02-28-2005, 09:05 PM
David,

My thoughts are with you honey! I lit a virtual candle in your Mom's memory.

((((hugs))))

Oggyflute
02-28-2005, 11:02 PM
My thoughts go out to you David. My mother-in-law has alzheimers, we visit every week. Some days are good, some days are not so good. Just try and remember the love and the good things David.

Laura's Babies
02-28-2005, 11:26 PM
After loosing my Mama, I realized that there is nothing in this world that can prepare you for that day you loose them. She died in 1999 but I still talk to her and not a day goes by that I don't think about her.

Mothers are such wise people and we not only miss their compaionship, the love and closeness, but the wisdom and knolage they had and all those quiet times when you just sat and watched a TV program without saying a word... I loved my Mama's brown eyes and her sense of humor.

davidpizzica
03-01-2005, 09:40 AM
I want to thank everyone for their support on this rememberance day. Especially Carole, Moosmom, and Oggyflute for their encouragement. It's a day of remmbering the good times with Mom. She will be forever in my heart.