PDA

View Full Version : Ivy could use some prayers

doolittleky
02-28-2005, 02:21 PM
The past week or so Ivy hasn't been eating very well. I have been giving him Cyproheptadine( I know I just murdered the spelling of that) pills which are for appetite. Even with those he isn't eating that great. A few days ago when I got to his house after work to give him his insulin , he had thrown up twice on the rug. My vet was out of town but I talked to a nurse that I know real well and she said to cut his insulin in half and if he keeps throwing up to stop his other meds and to bring him in for a blood sugar and to be checked out. Well, I told her I couldn't bring him in until Tuesday when I got paid. So a couple of days ago he wasn't eating well at all even witht he appetite pill so I gave him so dry W/D whihc he use to be on and he seemed to eat that a little better. But today when I went over there before I went to work he had thrown up three times so I called the vet and asked her if I should stop his other meds until I get him to the vet tomorrow. She said yes. I am really worried about him. Being FIV+ his immune system is shot and anytime he even gets sick a tiny bit it is a major big deal. I am hoping this isn't the start of his downhill battle with his disease. I am really worried and scared right now about him. Please say some prayers for him.

Doo=^..^=

Ally Cat's Mommy
02-28-2005, 02:24 PM
Keeping you and Ivy in my prayers

Cataholic
02-28-2005, 02:41 PM
Prayers for Ivy on their way!

jenluckenbach
02-28-2005, 02:43 PM
Prayers for Ivy. Hope he feels better soon.

catmandu
02-28-2005, 02:44 PM
THe Found Cats,and I willm pray,for Ivy,tonight,that he regins his appetite,and feels a lot better,very soon.

catlover4ever
02-28-2005, 03:06 PM
Hoping and praying that Ivy feels better soon. (((hugs to you and Ivy)))

ratchet22
02-28-2005, 03:53 PM
((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))) And many prayers your way.

Poo
02-28-2005, 03:59 PM
Prayers and kisses on their way. Hope Ivy will be ok.

Jayna78
02-28-2005, 04:34 PM
I hope Ivy starts to feel better and eat better. I know how worrisome it is when one of the kitties isn't feeling well/acting normal. Anytime one of our four has some problem, we don't rest until it's sorted out. :)

RedHedd
02-28-2005, 04:41 PM
Hugs and prayers, but a question too - is Ivy living alone in a house that is only occasionally visited by you or other humans? That sounds scary. Perhaps Ivy is also stressing from being left alone.

catfamily
02-28-2005, 05:18 PM
I'm so sorry Melissa.Ivy is in my prayers.I'll try to call you tomorrow.

Soapets
02-28-2005, 05:28 PM
Prayers are on the way from Nebraska! I sure hope Ivy starts feeling better soon!:(

catnapper
02-28-2005, 05:48 PM
Hugs and prayers for Ivy. It breaks your heart to see your babies hurting.

Logan
02-28-2005, 06:21 PM
Reddhedd, I'm not trying to answer for Melissa, but I think that Ivy lives with Melissa's ex husband, so he is not alone. It's just that in order for him to receive proper care for his diabetes, she takes it upon herself to go over there, daily, and care for him, bless her heart. I sure hope I have all of those cats straight! Melissa has several diabetic cats in her own home, too. :o

Doo, Ivy and you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,
Logan

doolittleky
02-28-2005, 06:38 PM
Thanks Logan for helping out, ya almost got it right. Ivy lives with a friend at his apt with his kids. Willow is the one that lives with my ex husband. Willow is also diabetic. Ivy is FIV+ so he can't live with me or he would be there. Ivy isn't alone. He is diabetic so I go over there twice a day to give him his insulin and other meds, feed him etc and spend time with him. He is a very happy cat. His FIV symptoms have started showing up and that is why I worry about him so. Some of the symptoms of this disease is dental problems and sores in the mouth and gums etc. I am hoping that his allergies are acting up and his not eating and throwing up is due to sinus drainage rather than his condition getting worse. Thanks for your prayers and please keep them coming. I will let you know what I find out from the vet visit tomorrow.
Melissa

Logan
02-28-2005, 06:43 PM
I knew there was another one, somewhere, Doo, and I'm sorry I couldn't keep it all straight! I don't know how you do it, but I am in awe that you do. :)