PDA

View Full Version : A few Disney pictures and a question.

jazzcat
02-28-2005, 02:13 PM
First my question, is there something I could give Disney to help her have easier bowel movements? She tends to take a while to crank it out, if you know what I mean, and then still squats a little afterwards. Her poo looks mostly normal but maybe a bit large and she goes regularly every day. She's been on a new food for about three months and I've noticed this problem only since the switch. She eats dry only but sometimes I add a little warm water to it to help her eat it. She's getting where she doesn't eat as much and some days only eats a few bites then inhales it the next. I'm taking one of the cats to the vet Friday for an annual exam and plan to ask them then but I would love your advice. Thanks.

Here are the pictures.

Dancing to go outside which was nice to see.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/jazzcat99/i6.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/jazzcat99/i5.jpg

PJ's Mom
02-28-2005, 02:15 PM
Disney!! :D What a sweetheart. You just made my day a whole lot better. ;)

tatsxxx11
02-28-2005, 02:54 PM
Disney, sweet baby girl, you look SO spritely!!!:D But what's this I hear about you getting all backed up:( That's no fun! Sounds like it might be the food change...adding water to your meals should help; are you drinking on your own? You needs your fluids for all the pipes to work smoothly! There are supplements and meds to help with this too, but considering how "delicate" you are, best your Mom ask the white coats, just to be safe:) Thanks for the BIG smile, Disney!:) Let us know you're doing! {{{HUGS}}} Sandra

elizabethann
02-28-2005, 03:01 PM
Sorry I don't have an answer to the poop question. But I have a question. Your dog is so adorable. She has the most cutest face. What kind of dog is Disney?

jazzcat
02-28-2005, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by elizabethann
Sorry I don't have an answer to the poop question. But I have a question. Your dog is so adorable. She has the most cutest face. What kind of dog is Disney?

Thanks. She's a poodle/Bichon mix according to the shelter and vet. My groomer thinks there is some Maltese in there too. She's 13 years old.

Sandra, she is drinking on her own well but I think unit I go to the vet Friday I will add water to her food every day for a little extra.

Does wet food help? I have a can of Nutro Max Senior I could give her with the dry?

RobiLee
02-28-2005, 04:56 PM
Sorry that I don't have any advice for you. I hope the vet has an easy solution for you.

So happy to see Disney today. She is such a sweetie and we don't get to see enough of her. Give that little cutie a hug from me.

Robin :)

Corinna
02-28-2005, 04:59 PM
I agree sounds like she needs more fluids. I'd add some childrens pedilite to her water.

ChrisH
02-28-2005, 06:12 PM
Aw, what lovely pictures of sweet Disney girl! She so pretty. :)

I went to my trusty natural healing for dogs/cats book to see if I could find anything to help.
Looks as though your are on the right track. :D
Quote: Put gravy on the menu: one of the easiest ways to help your pets get more fluid is to moisten their dry food with a little water :) Or give them moist or canned foods which contain a lot more water than dry kibble.

Other quotes about/on water.
Pets with constipation are often encouraged to drink more because water lubricates the digestive track and and helps stools move more smoothly.
Tips from vets to make water more appealing.
Buy bottled water: Most pets prefer spring water to tap water
Add a little flavouring: Maybe add flavour by adding water left after boiling meat or chicken.

The other thing is fiber.
This is one of natures most powerful remedies. Found in generous amounts in products such as Metamucil and in grains, bran, fresh vegatables and canned pumpkin, dietry fiber is a superb digestive aid that can relieve constipation and diarrhea.

Please give your sweet little girl some kisses from me.
chris