PDA

View Full Version : Safe trip to the Bridge

mruffruff
02-28-2005, 09:10 AM
Ted E. Bear left for the Rainbow Bridge at 6:20 this morning.

He had diabetes for 4 years, a collapsed trachea, was blind for most of that time and had to take meds for his thyroid. But he never lost his zest for life or his sweet attitude.

He had three heart attacks between 6 PM last night and 6 AM today. His heart stopped beating as I petted him on my bed.

I will truly miss him.

Mary

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/mruffruff/Bear2004.jpg

dukedogsmom
02-28-2005, 09:23 AM
I am so sorry to hear this. At least you were able to be with him instead of having to take him to the vet. Play hard at the RB, Ted.

Christiansmommy
02-28-2005, 09:25 AM
I am so sorry :( Play happily at the Bridge Ted E.!!

anna_66
02-28-2005, 09:33 AM
Oh how sorry I am to hear this. I too am glad that you were able to have your sweet boy at home with you when he passed over.

RIP Teddy E. Bear

cyber-sibes
02-28-2005, 09:34 AM
Have a safe trip to the Rainbow Bridge, Ted E. You'll be healthy and happy there, with all our other RB pups to play with! Look for my Rosie, she's very gentle and she loves little dogs!

Mary, I hope you have some serenity during your day, knowing you did all you could. <<hugs>>

vinjashira
02-28-2005, 09:45 AM
sorry for your loss :(

RIP Ted E. Bear

caseysmom
02-28-2005, 09:56 AM
I am very sorry for your loss.

LauraT7
02-28-2005, 10:10 AM
I am sorry to hear of your loss of your friend, Ted E.

though he is gone, he was lucky to have someone who loved him as you did, to take care of him and give him the 'joy' in life that all dogs deserve in his last years. obviously they were GOOD years - for both of you.

A friend sent me this when I lost my Tristan a few weeks ago - and I think it says it all:

I LOVED YOU BEST
So this is where we part, my friend,
and you'll run on, around the bend,
gone from sight, but not from mind,
new pleasures there you'll surely find.

I will go on, I'll find the strength,
life measures quality, not its length.
One long embrace before you leave,
share one last look, before I grieve.

There are others, that much is true,
but they be they, and they aren't you.
And I, fair, impartial, or so I thought,
will remember well all you've taught.

Your place I'll hold, you will be missed,
the fur I stroked, the nose I kissed.
And as you journey to your final rest,
take with you this...

I loved you best.

Tristan also loved little dogs, and was especially gentle with them. I'm sure Ted E. will find lots of new friends up there to play with, while he waits for his favorite friend - you.

Laura

PJ's Mom
02-28-2005, 10:26 AM
I'm so sorry. :(

RIP Ted E. Bear. Play hard at the RB. :(

Rachel
02-28-2005, 10:30 AM
Mary, I am so sorry for your loss of Ted E. Bear. What a sweet little guy he was. Last night must have been extremely difficult for you. You fought hard to give him what he needed through his many challenges. I know he appreciated that and paid you back with all his love. Please feel free to post or pm us if you need to talk. There will more than likely be some rough spots ahead. I was pretty much a crazy person after my Bailey and Tizzie went to the RB.

Laura, that poem is one I have not seen before. How well it speaks to not only Mary but many of us who have been in the same situation at one time or another. Thank you for sharing it.

robinh
02-28-2005, 10:33 AM
I am so sorry for your loss.

RIP Ted E. Bear.

Jadapit
02-28-2005, 10:36 AM
I'm truly sorry for your loss. :(

Logan
02-28-2005, 11:01 AM
Mary, you have had a tough couple of days, haven't you? First Samson, and now this. :(

Rest in peace, Ted E. Bear. You were certainly a loved, cherished pup.

Logan

Cinder & Smoke
02-28-2005, 11:14 AM
:(

So Sorry, Mary ~

{{{HUGS}}}

Ted E. will have some Wonderful Tails to tell the other BridgeKids
about his Loving Mom and his days with you.

Enjoy those Memories.

/s/ :( Phred

LorraineO
02-28-2005, 11:32 AM
so sorry to hear of the loss of your lil baby...

GraciesMommy
02-28-2005, 11:36 AM
So hard to say goodbye..and so glad you were with him...I am so sorry..no more suffering...sweet Ted E Bear

tatsxxx11
02-28-2005, 11:37 AM
Oh Mary:(:(:( As Logan has said, you certainly have had a most trying and terribly sad weekend:( My most heartfelt condolences on the passing of your beloved Ted E. Bear:( What a precious little guy with a big, big heart, battling so many maladys these past 4 years with such spirit, grace and courage:( And how blessed was Teddy to have had a Mom like you Mary, who through good times and hard times, loved Teddy unconditionally and did everything in your power to keep him well and happy and safe . I can only imagine how very difficult last night was for you, friend. But I give thanks that you were able to be with your beautiful boy, at home, at the end:( Run and play, healthy and whole again at the Rainbow Bridge, dear Ted E Bear. Your Mommy will miss you so very much, but one happy day, you will be a team again:) All my love to you Mary. We know how very difficult the coming days will be for you, and we're here for you. {{{HUGS}}} Sandra

lizbud
02-28-2005, 11:39 AM
Mary, I am so sorry.:( Rest In Peace sweet Bear. You were
loved very much little guy.:(

mruffruff
02-28-2005, 12:03 PM
Thanks, everyone. He was very special.

Mary

ramanth
02-28-2005, 01:39 PM
I'm so sorry. :(

RIP Ted E. Bear. :(

bckrazy
02-28-2005, 01:43 PM
I'm so sorry Mary. It sounds like Ted E. had a very happy, long life with you... Now he's healthy and playing hard at the bridge. RIP Ted E. Bear

RobiLee
02-28-2005, 05:16 PM
I'm so sorry for the lost of your sweet Ted E.

You will be missed Ted E. Play hard at the bridge and say hello to my Chloe girl.

Rest In Peace, Ted E.

My Peanuts
02-28-2005, 05:23 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this :(.

RIP Ted E. Bear:(

ChrisH
02-28-2005, 05:34 PM
I am so sorry. :(

Rest in peace sweet Ted E. Bear.

Hugs
Chris

chocolatepuppy
02-28-2005, 05:36 PM
I am so sorry about Ted E. Bear Rest in Peace sweet pup. :(

Sudilar
02-28-2005, 06:44 PM
So very sorry for your great loss of Ted E. Bear. He and you bravely fought the battles of illness. Now he runs free and healthy again at RB. Hugs to you.

Glacier
02-28-2005, 07:03 PM
I'm sorry so your loss.