PDA

View Full Version : The Found Cats Got A Parcel

catmandu
02-28-2005, 08:22 AM
From Debbie Hanson,this morning.Sadly,I had a Doctors appointment,at 11,and couldnt open,it,as I have,to travel,a bit,to get there.So,I grabbed,a quick half hour,ar\t the Library.I think,that it might,be the gift exchange ,but I cannot recall,for the life,of me,Debbies Pet talk name.Ragnar,Michael,and Niugget,were really sniffing,the box,so it must have some goodies,inside.

Laura's Babies
02-28-2005, 08:58 AM
Well, hurry home and open it and let us know!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-28-2005, 09:18 AM
Oh my! It got there already?!!?!

I assure you that Gary will be thrilled......not so sure about the Found Cats though.....I'm SO excited!!! Gary, hurry home!!!

Koxka, are you here?

:D :D :D

Oh, and by the way Gary, if you haven't figured it out by my post, I'm Debbie. :D And this is not part of the gift swap.

jenluckenbach
02-28-2005, 09:22 AM
GARY!!! How could you tease us by saying you have a package and then NOT opening it?!?! MEN!!! :rolleyes:

Barbara
02-28-2005, 09:52 AM
Gary! Some little bird told me about that surprise:D :D :D

Ooooooh all ye found cats, take care!;) :p

kimlovescats
02-28-2005, 10:18 AM
I know what it is, I know what it is!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Edwina's Secretary
02-28-2005, 10:53 AM
Oh, oh, oh.....I too know the content of the box (rode along for part of it....)

So exciting.....

koxka
02-28-2005, 11:05 AM
Koxka, are you here?

Right here, Debbie! :D :D :D

were really sniffing,the box,so it must have some goodies,inside.

If they are sniffing ...no doubt ....some kitty goodies are inside! ;)

GARY!!! How could you tease us by saying you have a package and then NOT opening it?!?! MEN!!!

Ditto! :eek:

Ooooooh all ye found cats, take care!

LOL.:D

sirrahbed
02-28-2005, 11:12 AM
heehee I know what it is too:D How exciting!!!!! Oh GARY!!! I can't wait to here more from you after you get home:D

PS Remember I am Debbie HARRIS, not Hanson so it is NOT sent by me - it is Tubby & Peanuts Mom who sent it. (I just heard about it:p )

Logan
02-28-2005, 11:14 AM
I don't know, but I want to know! LOL!!! :D Hurry up, Gary!!! :)

jenluckenbach
02-28-2005, 11:31 AM
No fair! no fair!!

I will be throwing a tantrum now!!! I want to know TOOOOOOO!!! :p

jazzcat
02-28-2005, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
No fair! no fair!!

I will be throwing a tantrum now!!! I want to know TOOOOOOO!!! :p
I'm with you Jen, I want to know too. Hurry up Gary, I think we are more anxious than you.:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-28-2005, 11:43 AM
Ok, ok....I'll give a hint....Gary got a new computer, right? Well.....oh drat, I can't think of a way of putting it without totally giving it away.....<blink,blink>

jazzcat
02-28-2005, 11:45 AM
Hint taken Debbie. I thought it might be along those lines.;)

Kristl
02-28-2005, 11:53 AM
Hmm...I hope Gary hurries! I wanna know!!!

catmandu
02-28-2005, 12:03 PM
I just got back,from a 40 Minute Bus Ride,where all they did,was to take a blood sample,which,the could have easily,done,at the Family Practice Unit,a lot closer,to me.And end to whining,about the Health Beurocrats,I now,thankds,to Koxka,and Debbie,have a Digital Camera,and the Found Cats,getting getted used ,to hearing cheese,as they are going,to think,that they are on,The Cat Walk.I will see.what I need,at the Office Depot,and,will pick,up a docking unit,so I can post Photos,on Pet Talk.Right now,I have dial up,do I need High Speed,to do this?That will not,be a problem,as Bell,has a deal,on right now!This,is so touching,that no only,did I receive a Computer,but a Camera Too.I never thought,that when I started,sending Threads,that so many nice things would happen,Thank You All,Catmandu.

jenluckenbach
02-28-2005, 12:32 PM
YIPPEE!!!!

PICTURES!!!!!

And dial up should be just fine (works for me, anyway) ;)

Corinna
02-28-2005, 01:05 PM
Way to go Debbie I was thinking about that the other day How else would we get kitty pictures. Every one is so ahead of me .

Gary My crew got their mice today . Even the old guy (non-player) Winky took it away from Moose to play. My camera batteris are dead so charging them up and will post some pics later.

jazzcat
02-28-2005, 01:07 PM
Yeah!!!! A camera for Gary and the Found Cats! Wonderful idea to those involved and a thank you from me too since I get to benefit from seeing all those pictures once Gary is uploading and posting.:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-28-2005, 01:07 PM
Yeah! You got it!

Gary, you don't need docking station. There should be a USB cable that came with the camera that you just hook one end to the camera and the other to the USB port on the computer - I know you have at least one on your new computer. Then the pics go directly from the camera to the computer. You will have to set up files for them - do you know how to do that?

Also, you do not *need* high speed to do pictures. It makes things go a bit faster, but it's not necessary. Why not wait until you've worked with it for awhile to determine if you really need the high speed. I'm sure they will still have a deal going at that time - they always do. ;)

You should have everything you need in the package. Just charge the batteries, put the card in the camera and Found Cats get ready to be showcased! :D

Oh, and also, Debbie (sirrahbed) mentioned that she had been trying to teach you how to post pics through photobucket. If you are having trouble with that, try http://www.imagastation.com You will need to set up an account just like at photobucket, but there is no resizing necessary.

Unfortunately I am going to be gone the rest of the week for Terry's dad's funeral, but please don't hestitate to ask if you have questions. The manual is extremely helpful and there are many, many people here who could help also.

Hope you and the Found Cats enjoy! I know we PT'ers will really enjoy being able to see the Found Cats more often. :D

ramanth
02-28-2005, 01:51 PM
Oh! A new camera! Congrats! :D

Kristl
02-28-2005, 02:05 PM
I had a feeling thats what it was! Wow, what a bunch of awesome people! Gary-get reading that instruction booklet and get us some Found Cat pics! Congratulations!

Logan
02-28-2005, 02:11 PM
MARVELOUS!!!!!! :D Can't wait to see pictures, Gary!!! :)

Cataholic
02-28-2005, 02:45 PM
So very cool!

catmandu
02-28-2005, 02:49 PM
That is great new,and I do have two USB Ports! How,many photos,are you able,to take,with a 128 MG Card! And can you reuse,the card,once the photos,are downloaded.and I can I print,from the copier,that I have hooked up?

Barbara
02-28-2005, 02:55 PM
The number of pics depends on the Megapixels of the camera. In my camera each pic is like 8 MB. Yes, of course you can re-use the card. With the USB port it is like an extra drive and after downloading the pics to a file on your hard disk, you just delete the files in the camera drive, i.e. the card.

chrangharris
02-28-2005, 03:12 PM
YEAH!! This is so very exciting! I can't wait to see some of Gary's beauties!

QueenScoopalot
02-28-2005, 03:13 PM
You all just floor me!!!! A digital camera to go with your new computer...Gary, you must be so tickled! :D :D :D What an awesome group this is, and I'm so happy to be here to share in such fun, and generosity!;) PICTURES PLEASE????? Soon???:confused: :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-28-2005, 03:13 PM
Barbara is right on all accounts. There is probably a way to adjust the size of each picture which could give you more pictures with lesser quality, or less pictures with better quality, but we'll worry about that later, that's getting a bit complicated. ;)

Once you have downloaded the pics to your computer, you delete the pics from the card and use again and again and again.

As for printing, as long as the copier is hooked up to the computer, you can print from it. Another option which might give you better prints is to take the card - with the pictures on it to either a local Wal-Mart, drug store camera department or camera shop. They can make prints directly from your card. I think they cost at least $.25 each (US) but they can get good quality prints whereas your copier may not produce as good quality and the ink tends to run into money.

Sounds like you're moving right along, don't hesitate to ask more questions! :D

catmandu
02-28-2005, 03:42 PM
I have filed the photos,taht I have takem,now how,do Im go,from my pictures,to getting them,on Pet Talk.One,of the 4 meezers,turne out well.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-28-2005, 03:49 PM
Gary, for now we'll work on getting them up one pic to a post until you get used to working with the camera and filing them and such.

First of all, when your write a post, there is a little button that says "Browse" click on that and then find the spot where you saved the pics on your computer. Once you find that, just click on the picture you want to post and the file name will show up in the little box to the left of the "Browse" button. Then submit your post but DO NOT preview it! The picture may disappear if you preview it.

Try that and we'll see if we see one of the meezers. :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-28-2005, 03:50 PM
Once you get that, go to Phred's tutorial on posting pics

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7406

and see if you can figure it out. I would use Imagestation because then you don't have to worry about resizing or anything.

:D

ratchet22
02-28-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
You all just floor me!!!! A digital camera to go with your new computer...Gary, you must be so tickled! :D :D :D What an awesome group this is, and I'm so happy to be here to share in such fun, and generosity!;) PICTURES PLEASE????? Soon???:confused: :D

DITTO! This is an awsom group and you are all so amazing. Cant wait till you get it working so we can see pic's!

jenluckenbach
02-28-2005, 04:25 PM
We are ready to see the found cats! :cool:

RedHedd
02-28-2005, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Once you get that, go to Phred's tutorial on posting pics

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7406

and see if you can figure it out. I would use Imagestation because then you don't have to worry about resizing or anything.

:D Also if you use Imagestation, they often have deals on prints for just 19ยข a print, which is probably less expensive than even printing it at home, given the cost of photo paper and ink.

what a great bunch we have here at PT!

Abby&Buddy'sMom
02-28-2005, 05:03 PM
I would love to see the pictures...especially of the meezers:D

RICHARD
02-28-2005, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by catmandu
I just got back,from a 40 Minute Bus Ride

It was a longer ride, but I can see Gary sitting behind the bus driver, whispering in their ear.....

"Can you drive a LITTLE FASTER, I have a PT box at home!!":D

koxka
02-28-2005, 06:37 PM
You are welcome Gary! :)
I see you are ,already, as busy as can be.:D

"Can you drive a LITTLE FASTER, I have a PT box at home!!"

LOL.It could be me! :D

Once you have downloaded the pics to your computer, you delete the pics from the card and use again and again and again.

Isn't digital grand?! :cool: :D

catmandu
02-28-2005, 07:16 PM
Right now,I am printing,8 x 11 Photos,of the Found Cats,then i will try Imaginestation,or Photo Bucket,where Kim,has set up,an account,for me,and I hope,that downloading there,is as easy,as ,to My Picture File.Some great Close Ups,of The Cats.And the People,on Pet Talk,are amazing,as this,has been,the best Group,of People,that I have ever met.

jenluckenbach
02-28-2005, 07:23 PM
NO! Post first....print second......(LOL) :D:D

catnapper
02-28-2005, 07:31 PM
Oh my! What an amazing gift! I'm amazed at the love and thoughfulness of my fellow PTers. Sniff... I think I'm gonna cry (happy tears of course!)

Now, I am on pins and needles about seeing pics fresh from the Found Cats Hotel!

catmandu
02-28-2005, 07:41 PM
The printing,will be done,soon,and then I will try posting,although,I am not really sure,what I am doing,and with the Dial Up,I cant phone,and have someone,talk,me,through it.

jenluckenbach
02-28-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by catmandu
although,I am not really sure,what I am doing,and with the Dial Up,I cant phone,and have someone,talk,me,through it.
I know EXACTLY what you mean!!! I always have that problem. But I am confident that by the time I get up tomorrow morning, I will be seeing the faces of the found cats! :D

Soapets
02-28-2005, 07:56 PM
PLEASE use Imagestation. I can't get ANY pictures from Photobucket to show up on my computer. I subscribe to a filtering service on the internet, and it is blocking any photos from Photobucket, so I can't see any of those pictures on my computer here at home. It is letting all of the other photos through, though.

So if I don't post replies to any of you who show pictures of your beloved furry friends, it is because I can't see them on my computer if they were on Photobucket.:(

koxka
02-28-2005, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
NO! Post first....print second......(LOL) :D:D

... But I am confident that by the time I get up tomorrow morning, I will be seeing the faces of the found cats! :D [/B]

You'd better listen to Jen ! :D

koxka
02-28-2005, 08:34 PM
If you want attach a file in your post: click "browse".

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid159/p3139d903e16e5721caedb2f820cf903f/f4f95688.jpg

When you have the folder where you uploaded the pictures, opened ,choose to view thumbnails for a quick search (it works for me)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid159/pd3c84f9284b8e5e9553d941d10dbf0f3/f4f9542a.jpg

Click ONCE over the image you want to attach. The name of file (= image) will show in the file name box.Then clik "open"

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid159/pa655a20c411898f27f45582b87d98f23/f4f93e50.jpg

The file name will show in the "attach file" case....You are ready ...ckick Submit Reply ...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid159/p50bbee8be5dd706a14a4c1b89512f8f5/f4f95256.jpg

... DONE !!! :D