PDA

View Full Version : Computer Help...

manda_moo87
02-27-2005, 06:27 PM
Okay, I have a new programs which I was planning on installing onto my computer but whenever I try to install ANYTHING a window pops up saying...

16 bit Windows Subsystem
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not
suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications.

I've been on Microsoft's website and tried there three resolutions to the problem without any success... Has anyone else ever had this problem before???

I'm so frusterated and confused... :confused::rolleyes:

GraciesMommy
02-27-2005, 06:28 PM
Are you sure the new proggy is compatible with what you are running?

manda_moo87
02-27-2005, 06:30 PM
Yes it is.
I've even tried re-install programs which are no longer on my computer and they don't work either.

Microsoft has an article on the issue here (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767), but I didn't have any luck using it.

Kristl
02-27-2005, 08:23 PM
My computer was being bad a while ago, so I took it into Best Buy (it's a laptop) and they had me run a program that came with the computer. I think it's called a system restore. What it does is completely erase everything except for what was on it when you bough tit. Giant pain in the butt, but problem solved. You should ask an expert about it before you do that though. Make sure anything you have saved in the memory is saved to disk. I think it erases the hard drive or the c drive, but ASK AN EXPERT! This just worked for me!

manda_moo87
02-27-2005, 08:28 PM
I just figured it out. :)
Took me a while but I finally found a website which was most helpful. Yay!