PDA

View Full Version : My first day on the job!

Aspen and Misty
02-27-2005, 10:32 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/bursi/smilies/0211.gif

So, I am a "kennel girl" at a Boarding Kennel! I only got the job on friday and today was my first day! It's a really interesting job. Today I worked with only 10 dogs, but during the summer and holidays I will most likly have 40 dogs to care for all by myself! (one other worker who does the oposite shift of me ex. If I do mornings she does nights) :o (there was this really cute beagle puppy there, I almost kindnapped him!)

It's hard, harder then I thought it would be! You gotta let the dogs out in ther outside pens (you just lift this little door), pick up any poops inside, then spray everything with disinfectint, then use the hose, then you have to take a brush and dry the floors, then let the dogs in and get them there breakfast, then scoop the outside kennels kennels (and Carol's yard too, LOL), then spray them down with disinfectint (if above freezing), then wash them off with the hose. Then if it's the night time you gotta wash like 80 bowls. Then give any medicine, go inside and write on the board (we do a daily Bowl Movment check and then have to write down any "problems" http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/bursi/smilies/rofl.gif ) Then I am finally done.

Hee hee! I'm really exited though. It seems like it will be fun and I get to play with dogs! ;D

Ashley

GraciesMommy
02-27-2005, 10:34 AM
Does sound like an interesting job and I am glad you like it! Just being around all those furry lovebugs makes it a fun day!

tatsxxx11
02-27-2005, 12:09 PM
Congratulations!:) I gave up nursing for a while and went to work at my friend's boarding kennel. Though I had always had a physical job, I must say, that one wore me out, especially on those cold, winter days and when it rained...and when a pup "escaped" into the yard out of his/her kennel:D But what fun it was going each day to see all the pups, meet so many new breeds etc. I wanted to take them ALL home! My passion was the seniors and special needs ones. And I learned so much about dog behavior! One word of caution, you might find yourself staying there for LONG after your shift is over, just to play with and love on the dogs!:) Have fun!

Jadapit
02-27-2005, 12:17 PM
Congrats on the job. I think it would be so cool to work in a kennel.;)

Rachel
02-27-2005, 05:05 PM
Ashley, as you have already found out, there is much responsibility and hard work in the job you have undertaken. I know you will take your responsibilities seriously and I want to thank you on behalf of all guardians who are entrusting their furkids literally into your care. As Sandra has indicated, this will be an opportunity to learn much about canine behavior.

Congratulations on your new job, Ashley. You can be proud of being hired and being willing to work hard. You seem like a natural for making these dogs feel comfortable and at ease while they are away from home.

koxka
02-27-2005, 07:41 PM
(we do a daily Bowl Movment check and then have to write down any "problems" )

ROLF! Like kids in the kindergarden :D

Congratulation! Have fun! :)

Aspen and Misty
02-27-2005, 09:05 PM
Rachel - My boss was talking about how some people slip on the job and such, I was like, HOW RUDE. Because it's the dogs who suffer, not the person. So what is 10 mins of your time to make sure the job is done good. I know that if it was my dog I would want the BEST care possible for him or her. That is what I plan to give these dogs :)

koxka - LOL :D

Thanx everyone, I work again tomrrow, I can't wait!

Ashley