PDA

View Full Version : Question about tags

stacwase
02-27-2005, 09:24 AM
This August I was able to find a great stainless steel tag for Max at the state fair. Up until now, all the tags I have found have come with a little connecting ring kind of like a key ring, and Max rips them off in no time. At the fair, they had them with these S-shaped connectors which have to be bent together with pliers to attach them to the collar.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say?

Anyway - I have a feeling Aspen will be just as rough on tags as Max is. She's a rough & tumble, spunky little dog. I need to find a place (online, preferably) that sells the tags with the heavy-duty S-shaped connectors.

Anybody know where I can find one? If I knew what the connectors were called I could do an internet search.

Kfamr
02-27-2005, 09:41 AM
I'm not sure where you can find them online, but I know when we get our dog's yearly check-up and tags, it comes with an "S" connector.

mruffruff
02-27-2005, 09:50 AM
You can buy S-hooks at any hardware store They will do the job without buying new tags. They come in many sizes and thicknesses. Take your present tag to the store and get the thickest that will fit through the hole in your tag. Total cost should be very little-maybe a nickel apiece.

Mary

stacwase
02-27-2005, 10:14 AM
Thanks!

The rabies & license tags always come with an "S-hook" (I figured out what it was called), but whenever I've ordered tags otherwise they've come with "O-rings".

I never thought of looking at the hardware store. Duh.

I did find a place online that had them. I ordered new tags for both Max and Aspen (they have to match, ya know).

dukedogsmom
02-27-2005, 10:16 AM
I don't like those o rings. They are way too easy to bend. I never use them. Don't know why they don't come with the s hooks.

wolf_Q
02-27-2005, 01:57 PM
See and I don't like the S hooks lol....I can't easily get them off if I need to and stuff like the rabies tag and license that is changed I like to be able to get it off...

The tiny O rings don't work either as they are too flimsy. So what I've done is used a O ring from a regular keychain, it's a really sturdy one and I haven't had any problems so far.

Vette
02-27-2005, 06:19 PM
Thats what my friend does too. is take the o-rings off regular key chains. they are hard to get on,, and off. but really sturdy.