PDA

View Full Version : And Some More Favorite Photos......

QueenScoopalot
02-27-2005, 07:08 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/BabyMisty.jpg

I can't believe Misty's ten now! She reminded me of the Campbell soup kids when she was a tiny puff ball. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/Georgienursinghisbabies.jpg

And Georgie nursing his (yes, you read that right) kittens! He was feral, and six + months old (from same location as Sweet Pea, and her brother Joey), and he decided he really loved having his tummy touched....to the point of this! :eek:
He moved to Chicago and is the companion of a cocker spaniel that he adores. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/MiracleandMindy.jpg

And a very special pair...Miracle & Mindy! (Miracle left, Mindy right) Newborns Miracle& Mindy were found frozen, and lifeless under a huge rolling dumpster several years ago. They were picked up by the now defunct kill shelter, and Miracle was almost thrown in the freezer. The A.R.L called me to see if I had a nursing mother cat on hand, which I did. I drove up there, and grabbed both kittens and stuck them against my stomach so they could absorb warmth slowly. Numerous times, I went to hand back ice cold Miracle, but a jiggle of her body, and the slow warmth seeping into her body, gave me a bit of hope. I'd feel a tiny bit of movement every now and then, and was determined not to give up. Little did I know during this time, faxes were whizzing back, and forth between the main branch, and the defunct one. By the time and hour had passed, I had two screaming kittens to bring home, and was officially to become the first foster parent in the 110 year plus history of the ARL. :)

lady_zana
02-27-2005, 07:14 AM
Oh, that's a wonderful story! You are surely blessed. Do you happen to know who adopted the kittens? How wonderful you are!

QueenScoopalot
02-27-2005, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by lady_zana
Oh, that's a wonderful story! You are surely blessed. Do you happen to know who adopted the kittens? How wonderful you are!
Oh how I wish I knew. Misty has cerebellar hypoplasia, and she's the only one that stayed with me. I'd love knowing who has Miracle! :(

Laura's Babies
02-27-2005, 08:16 AM
That is a wonderful story and I loved the pictures.. Visiting the past is so much fun sometime and the pictures that help us remember those times are priceless!!

Misty was such a citie pie as a baby but she is a beautiful grown girl now.

catnapper
02-27-2005, 08:49 AM
What a story to Miracle and Mindy! Those are stories that warm the heart.

CalliesMom
02-27-2005, 10:14 AM
such wonderful stories. I wish I could rescue, but I'm frightened to think how many I couldn't let go so I donate money to our shelter and to a kitty up in Jen Luckenbach's area.

QueenScoopalot
02-27-2005, 11:19 AM
I'll be posting more later! :D Thanks to Willie's help at resizing them...at least I managed to scan them...and that's not an easy task for the technologically challenged me! ;) It amazes me looking at dates on the photos, that most are 10 years old, and older now! :eek:

catmandu
02-27-2005, 12:26 PM
Our Lod,must have put you,here,to help,the helpless,and to save,the unsaveable.No wonder,that you are our HERO.The Found Cats,Strays and Angels MMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOW For You,Jan.

rg_girlca
02-27-2005, 06:22 PM
OMG Jan, what a wonderful, wonderful rescue story. God and you just did not want these precious little ones upstairs just yet.
I hope they are all still thriving in their forever homes and I know Misty has the best home any kitty could ever ask for.

The picture with George and the kitties is just PRICELESS.