PDA

View Full Version : American disaster

Tebaldi
09-12-2001, 10:12 PM
Dear American Friends

I don't know if this is an appropriate forum, but I want to somehow express my feelings. Australians feel very close to the US, even though we are on the other side of the world. Here most TV & radio stations have been showing live coverage of the disaster around the clock. People are solemn & distressed with deep concern for what has happened. I can't imagine how much worse Americans must feel. The hearts of all Australians go out to all of you as you are all affected: we are constantly thinking about you.

We are frustrated by our physical distance that restricts the aid we can give but the Australian Prime Minister has promised any assistance required, including our military forces. I hope that no-one who uses this website has been injured and that all your loved ones are safe and well.

Caroline & Tebaldi in Sydney

4 feline house
09-12-2001, 10:18 PM
Thank you, Tebaldi, and all the citizens of Australia.

yorkster
09-13-2001, 12:58 AM
Thank you so much Tebaldi- it means a lot to hear those thoughts at this time. Hopefully there will be a resolution to this soon. It almost seems sureal.

cr7clark
09-13-2001, 11:46 AM
Thank you Tebaldi, and thank your countrymen for us. Your words and displays of sympathy and concern mean more than you'll know.

AdoreMyDogs
09-13-2001, 12:36 PM
Thank you very much. I really appreciate reading what you said.
-Leslie & Graham

09-13-2001, 02:59 PM
Thank you so much Caroline. Your words and thoughts bring so much happiness to my heart. Since America has never had to deal with something such as this before it is so unreal! We are the ones that usually lend a hand to other countries - now it is us who suffers. I can't speak for everyone here, only myself, but so often I hear of how much Americans and America is hated by some other countries so in a time like this to hear of all the support we are receiving from Australia, Britain and many many more, it warms my heart and makes me cry. Thank you so so much for your words. They have been heard and absorbed and will NEVER be forgotten.

Daisy's Mom
09-13-2001, 10:39 PM
Thank you so much. It means so much to us right now.