PDA

View Full Version : Possible IL/WI Meeting?

chrissycat21
02-26-2005, 04:25 PM
I've been thinking, maybe over the summer (in July?) we could have a PT meeting near the IL/WI border. There is a nice lake, Silver Lake which is right over the border. It is a nice swimming beach and there is a dog beach, too. The dog beach is connected to the reg. beach, just smaller.

I was just wondering, if I was to plan one, how many people would be interested in coming? I was thinking maybe that we could have lunch at the lake, we could grill burgers or hotdogs or something. Its a nice lake, I go up there every year with my family for the day.

So...I guess post if you're interested in coming (if I plan one) and any possible dates that will work for you.

(This is still in the 'maybe' stage, I'm hoping it will work out!)

Desert Arabian
02-26-2005, 04:38 PM
I'm in southern Wisconsin, about 90 minutes from the Illinois border. I would be up for something.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-26-2005, 05:58 PM
Depending on the date, I would be there. There are plenty of campgrounds in that area so we could bring the motorhome up...which means P & CJ could come with. :D

chrissycat21
03-02-2005, 05:36 PM
Ok, thanks! This is still in the 'maybe' stage, though. :D I know there are more people from around that area...Now where are they? lol

Desert Arabian
03-02-2005, 10:33 PM
Seek them out and send them PM's- maybe they don't vist this section much.....

chrissycat21
03-03-2005, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by YellowLabLover
Seek them out and send them PM's- maybe they don't vist this section much.....

Good idea!

Suki Wingy
03-07-2005, 01:54 AM
I have no clue what the dates for my summer are, but I live in Northbrook and probably could come.

Rachel
03-12-2005, 07:18 PM
Is there any fenced in area at the dog beach or is it just open space where dogs are allowed off leash?

chrissycat21
03-16-2005, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Rachel
Is there any fenced in area at the dog beach or is it just open space where dogs are allowed off leash?

Its not fenced, but what I do is I bring one of those extendable leashes so than I can let Snowy run in the water (ha, like she'd do that!) or lay on the beach.

LauraT7
03-16-2005, 11:32 PM
OH! count us in!

I'm in McHenry County - east of Rockford, and only about 20 m from WI. If anyone knows of a good camping spot near there, we'd probably make reservations for a tent camping spot, too that weekend.

Right now, as I'm unemployed, we're available any weekend - unless Jon decides to go to scout camp this summer - they usually go the 2nd week in July - probably the 10 th thru the 16th this year.

We could even be available on short notice for camping, if anyone is going to be around the Southern WI area.

I agree that you'd probably get a better response on the regular boards - perhaps if you cross post a link to this thread on the Cat, dog & pet general boards?

this is the first time I've been to this board - there's so many to check!

Laura T , Jon & Fizz

Suki Wingy
04-08-2005, 05:12 PM
Any updates??

Cincy'sMom
04-08-2005, 05:58 PM
We've kicked around the idea of going somewhere with the dogs with summer, and Door County, WI was on our list of "maybes". I'll be sure to keep an eye onthis thread, esp. as we start to make our summer plans.

chrissycat21
04-09-2005, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Suki Wingy
Any updates??

Still in the maybe stage...Now my summer plans are all messed up because the spring trip to Florida was canceled, so I have no idea what I'm doing. :confused:

Suki Wingy
04-29-2005, 03:15 PM
Just a bump to say June 8 through the week before the 4th of July I'm totally free so far, but I will probably be free every weekend in July too.

chrissycat21
05-05-2005, 04:47 PM
Whoops, I forgot about this thread! :o

I'm not sure when/if my vacation to Florida will be. I need to talk to my parents about dates and such so then we can get this together! (Hopefully)

Kfamr
05-07-2005, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by chrissycat21

I'm not sure when/if my vacation to Florida will be.

Where in FL?!

chrissycat21
05-07-2005, 08:09 PM
Near Orlando. I'm not positive if we're even going this summer just because my dad just started a consulting job and doesn't get vacation days.

Suki Wingy
05-22-2005, 02:27 AM
This is the only show my stepdad and mom take me to anually, usually, and I plan on going, anyone else?
http://infodog.com/clubs/2005558101.HTM
it is on Saturday 06/18/05. I have a ticker for it in my sig;)