PDA

View Full Version : Eye surgery or not?

disney cathy
02-26-2005, 01:15 PM
My 8 yr. old beagle mix went to the vet last week for her annual checkup. The vet saw a tumor on her upper eye lid and feels it needs to be removed. She said the tumor is hitting Honey's eye so it like having something in your eye all the time. Sometimes we do see Honey rubbing her face on the rug so it may bother her sometimes. I'm just so scared of putting her under. She's in good health and we walk everyday so I know her heart is strong. I love her too much to loose her so I just don't know what to do.
Any advice?

My Honey had the tumor removed today and she did just fine
When my husband and I brought her home this afternoon our black lab went right over to her and had to check out this eye. Thank you for all of your advice because it helped me make my decision and get brave!.

LorraineO
02-26-2005, 02:20 PM
If she appears to be uncomfortable,,,, get over your fear as best you can and think of her please!!! she needs this taken care of,,, Can you imagine how it would feel if it were your eye????

tomkatzid
02-26-2005, 02:53 PM
sounds like it should be taken care of. If your not comfortable with this Dr's view get a 2nd opinion quickly and then decide.

mruffruff
02-26-2005, 09:00 PM
My dog had a small growth on his lower eye that was rubbing on his eye. It was removed and caused him no pain or other problems. He then developed another one --on the other eye.

It should be a simple procedure that will heal fast. Your dog will thank you.

By the way, my dog is 12.

Mary

dragondawg
02-26-2005, 09:13 PM
If your dog is in good condition and if the Vet runs a liver panel prior to surgery, there is little to fear. Where one gets into problems with older dogs is where they have heart, or liver, or other health problems.

P.S. Make sure they send the tumor off to a pathology laboratory for analysis.