PDA

View Full Version : My friends benefit...

Kristl
02-25-2005, 10:43 AM
I'm not sure if I ever mentioned this, but a friend of me and Nick's was in a terrible car accident the week before Christmas. He was doing great around Christmas, walking, talking, etc. So, he was moved out of the ICU into a regular room. Well, the nurses check on everyone every 30 minutes. Sometime between checks he stopped breathing and no one knows for how long. Could've been 8 minutes, could've been 18. After that long with no oxygen, things aren't very hopeful. He was put back on life support, and never came back. He passed away at 3 AM, january 11th, 2005. He was only 34 years old. It's been very hard because he was such a wonderful man, and also Nick's older brother's best friend. His wife is also a good friend of ours. Anyway, we're having a benefit tomorrow to help his wife with all the costs of the funeral, cremation, and other bills like household etc. I'll be selling the tickets for beer, and just helping with other things. I'm praying that a lot of money comes in to help her out! I'm sure it will, he had a TON of friends! So, if you all could include in you prayers hope for a wonderful turnout, I'd really be grateful! Thanks, Kristl

Jadapit
02-25-2005, 11:22 AM
I'm so sorry about your friend. That is really sad.:( You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

tatsxxx11
02-25-2005, 11:45 AM
How utterly heartbreaking:(:(:( What a tragedy, such a young life and he was doing so well...:( What was his name? Please convey my condolences to Nick and to the family and I will surely be keeping them all in my prayers and hoping for a HUGE turnout. I can only imagine the pain his wife is suffering:(:(:(

aly
02-25-2005, 12:05 PM
I am so sorry to hear this :( My prayers and well wishes are on the way.

GraciesMommy
02-25-2005, 12:24 PM
That is so terrible sad..I sure hope the turnout is great and lotsa $ comes in for his family

AmberLee
02-25-2005, 03:19 PM
Adding my prayers for his wife and for a terrific turnout.

That must have been such a shock. :(

BitsyNaceyDog
02-25-2005, 03:46 PM
I'm so sorry.
You and all his family and friends are in my prayers.

shutterbug0303
02-25-2005, 05:39 PM
Good luck with everything tomorrow! Coming from experience, those benefits are so wonderful for the family. I don't know what we would have done without the support of our friends and family. I'm sorry to hear that you've lost a friend. It is wonderful that you are doing something in memory of him...it will be something to look back on and remember for sure. It will be a blessing for everyone. Prayers that thing go well <><

Uabassoon
02-25-2005, 05:47 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I'll send prayers that the benefit goes well and you have a good turnout.

Lilith Cherry
02-26-2005, 03:43 AM
I will add my prayers to that list and hope for a great outcome for the benefit! That is so very sad... :(

Kristl
02-28-2005, 01:59 PM
tatsxxx11- his name is Mick. Well, Mikel (pronounced Mih-kell). The benefit was a huge success...TONS of people were there! I don't know the exact ant. of $ raised, but I'm sure it was quite a bit! Thanks all for the thoughts and prayers! We're all doing our best to support his wife, best friend and brothers and his parents. The benefit was just a giant celebration of his life! Even though he wasn't on earth that long, he made a huge impact on a lot of lives and will be truely missed!