PDA

View Full Version : New Movies Out...

Cookiebaker
02-24-2005, 09:21 PM
I was just surfing the yahoo movies website, and watching different trailers. There are so many good movies that are coming out that I want to see:

Hitch
Because of Winn Dixie
Wedding Date
In Good Company
Racing Stripes
Closer
Spanglish
Lemony Spricket

Has anybody seen any of these? They all look good from the trailers!!!

rizzy
02-24-2005, 09:24 PM
No I haven't seen any of those movies, I want to though. But my sister went to Racing Stipes and said it was really cute.

Kfamr
02-24-2005, 10:19 PM
I'd love to see those too but haven't got the chance to yet. I'll more than likely rent them months later when everyone in the world's seen them already. :p

CountryWolf07
02-24-2005, 11:15 PM
I saw "Hitch" - TWO THUMBS UP! :)

manda_moo87
02-25-2005, 12:19 AM
Winn Dixie looks cute. :D

binka_nugget
02-25-2005, 04:21 AM
Hitch was REALLY good! I was gasping for air at some scenes. :p

In Good Company was a waste of time, I think. I don't think it was that great.

Closer was hillarious. There was a lot of sexual reference.

I teared up during Spanglish. I love Adam Sandler. :D I'll definitely be buying this on DVD.

Lemony Snicket was great. I usually don't like anything aside from romantic comedies but this movie was very entertaining. I plan on reading the books now.

Cookiebaker
02-25-2005, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I'd love to see those too but haven't got the chance to yet. I'll more than likely rent them months later when everyone in the world's seen them already. :p

Yea, that'll be me too, except for the fact that we have 2 free tickets. Now I have to decide which is the best to see in the theatre.

Don't laugh at me, but this will be the 5th (no joke!) time I have ever been to the movie theatre. I saw "Chocolat", "Castaway" "Mona Lisa Smile" and "Shall We Dance".

binka_nugget
02-25-2005, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker
Yea, that'll be me too, except for the fact that we have 2 free tickets. Now I have to decide which is the best to see in the theatre.

I definitely recommend Hitch out of the ones I've seen. Wedding Date looks pretty good too though.

Orca
02-25-2005, 10:38 AM
I haven't seen Hitch, but my roommate did and she said it was really good! I can't wait to see it myself :)

elizabethann
02-25-2005, 11:17 AM
I went to see Because of Winn Dixie and it was adorable. The dog was so cute and the little girl who "found" him is adorable as well. It's a sweet family movie that I would recommend. I would give it a B+.

wolfsoul
02-25-2005, 01:35 PM
I saw Lemony Snicket. I thought it was such a waste of money. I was very dissapointed with how it turned out. I was bored to tears throughout the entire movie.

I really want to see Racing Stripes. Can't wait. :) I'd also like to see Hitch and Wedding Date. Winn Dixie just doesn't appeal to me for some reason. I have a feeling I think it will be stupid lol.

As for movies not on your list, I saw Boogeyman. I enjoyed it for the most part. I REALLY want to see Hide and Seek, and Constantine. I heard Constantine was really good but it lacked romance; I generally don't like movies without atleast some potential romance.

carole
02-25-2005, 02:09 PM
My daughter and her friend are going to see HIDE AND SEEK today, apparently it has two different endings, will let you know what she thought of it, she loves spooky movies.

She saw Racing Stripes and loved it, and Lemony Snicket, which she liked as well.

I want to see Spanglish and Meet the Fockers, which has only been here for a few weeks, but I will wait until all the no complimentary's are off so I can get my buy one get one free deal.

Did anyone see NEVERLAND,? I want to see it before it ends here, as I am such a Johnny Depp fan, but I had heard the movie was lovely.

Has anyone seen HEAD IN THE CLOUDS,SOMERSAULT,MARIA FULL OF GRACE,MILLION DOLLAR BABY, PHANTOM OF THE OPERA.

My daughter also saw ELECTRA, but gave it only a five out of ten, bit disappointing.

I think it would be great if we had a forum just for movie's, so people can give their opinions as we are here, do you think it would be a good Idea, and Karen would agree?

elizabethann
02-25-2005, 02:36 PM
Carole - I saw Phantom of the Opera and just loved it. The critics gave it a thumbs down but I loved the play (saw it twice in Boston) and I just loved the movie. The Phantom's a hotty! The scenery in it is beautiful. I would recommend the movie. I would give it a B.

GiantSchnauzer
02-25-2005, 04:19 PM
"Hitch" is hilarious. Another two thumbs up!

tomkatzid
02-25-2005, 04:24 PM
I just bought, ''The Five People You Meet In Heaven". Read the book and saw it on TV. Love it.
For this week end, from the library, for free, we have
Walking Tall
Starsky and Hutch
50 First Dates
and PhotosShop Color Correction !

Uabassoon
02-25-2005, 04:25 PM
I really liked In good company and Spanglish. Of the two though I'd recommend Spanglish over In Good Company.

Jadapit
02-25-2005, 04:34 PM
I'm like Kay I dont see them until half the world has already watched them.;) We joined netflix and we like it a lot. It's so easy to use. We have The Notebook, Saw (my son picked that one) and Ray to watch. I'm sure most of you have seen all those.

I'm really excited to see Ray. For you all that have seen it is it good? What about The Notebook is it good? I watched The Grudge last weekend and for some reason that movie freaked me out.:eek: I almost had to turn it off.:o

BitsyNaceyDog
02-25-2005, 04:34 PM
Im dying to see Hitch. I LOVE both Will Smith and Kevin James.
My sister-in-law said Spanglish was really good, but my friend said it wasn't very good.
I don't really have any interest in Because of Winn Dixie, Racing Stripes, or Lemony Spricket.
I don't even know what the others are.

Cookiebaker
02-25-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Jadapit
What about The Notebook is it good?

YES YES YES! I loved that movie! In fact, I am probably going to buy it. I just loved it!!

Kfamr
02-25-2005, 04:39 PM
Has anyone seen Eternal Sunshine?

Thoughts???

My friend let me borrow it today. She loves it and says it's really good. I can wait to see for myself. ;)

Uabassoon
02-25-2005, 04:40 PM
Kay Eternal Sunshine is an awsome movie!

NoahsMommy
02-25-2005, 04:45 PM
I'm going to see 'Hitch' on Saturday night. Every says its funny. Yay!

'Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind' is very, very intresting. Its not really a "feel good" movie, at least, it wasn't to me. Its entertaining though.

'The Notebook' was WONDERFUL!!! Bring lots of tissues!! :)

Jadapit
02-25-2005, 04:50 PM
Eternal Sunshine is pretty good. My son (he's 19) watched it with me and he really liked it.;)

Jadapit
02-25-2005, 04:52 PM
I just thought of another one that I haven't seen. Under The Tuscan Sun. I really want to see it. Is that one good?

carole
02-25-2005, 05:00 PM
I saw under the Tuscan Sun a while back, and I enjoyed it. its romantic, and I would give it the go ahead.:)

Has anyone seen BEFORE SUNSET and the one before it, cannot think of the name, I am trying to get the first one on video but have had no luck yet,?

tomkatzid
02-25-2005, 05:06 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by NoahsMommy
[B]!

'Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind' is very, very intresting. Its not really a "feel good" movie, at least, it wasn't to me. Its entertaining though.
QUOTE]

We only watched about a 1/4 of it and turned it off. Just didn't get it I guess.
Katz

PJ's Mom
02-25-2005, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by tomkatzid
We only watched about a 1/4 of it and turned it off. Just didn't get it I guess.
Katz

I have the attention span of a fly so I guess I won't bother with this one. ;)

shutterbug0303
02-25-2005, 05:33 PM
Hitch - 2 thumbs and 8 fingers up! It was hilarious!

Because of Winn Dixie - very cute with a sweet meaning behind the movie...cute...biblically based in a sense :)

Racing Stripes - I needed tissues for this one...it was very sweet! I would definite recommend this one

Under the Tuscan Sun - beautiful scenery, romantic comedy...great for a rainy/snowy day

We rented something on valentines day...I can't remember the name...but I did NOT like it! Its a new release...hhmm...just not coming to me...:rolleyes:

GiantSchnauzer
02-25-2005, 06:16 PM
No one has mentioned "Million Dollar Baby" A few people at work said that it was excellent. I might go see it next week. Has anyone seen it?

NoahsMommy
02-25-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by carole
Has anyone seen BEFORE SUNSET and the one before it, cannot think of the name, I am trying to get the first one on video but have had no luck yet,? YES!! I saw both of those...they are so random!! The whole movie (both of them) is a conversation between two people on one day!!

I'm guessing you saw the second one first, like I did?? Could you believe the ending?? I was shocked (and annoyed due to his living situation in the US)!!!

I think its called After Sunrise and the new one is Before Sunset.

NoahsMommy
02-25-2005, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by tomkatzid

Katz
Actually, come to think of it. The only reason I kept watching was to figure out the end and because a good friend told me how wonderful it was. Now that I've learned her taste in movies, I no longer take her advice. ha ha

carole
02-25-2005, 06:34 PM
Noahsmommy I have seen neither , yes it is before Sunrise that I am having trouble obtaining, I want to see both, so are you saying it is good or not?

GoldenRetrLuver
02-25-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
As for movies not on your list, I saw Boogeyman. I enjoyed it for the most part.

I thought it was HORRIBLE! I was so disappointed. It never felt like it 'started'.

I'm hopefully going to see Constantine tomorrow. It looks really good.

Kfamr
02-25-2005, 06:51 PM
My parents just went to Wal-Mart to get a cord that hooks our Laptop up to our TV so we can watch Eternal Sunshine. My friend REALLY likes it, so I hoping it will be good because she has good taste.

She also recommended Gardenstate, which I will be 'renting' (borrowing) from her next.

dukedogsmom
02-25-2005, 07:09 PM
I know one I wouldn't recommend seeing and that's The Pacifier with Vin Diesel. I can't believe he's sunk that low. Movie looks majorly stupid. His career must really be hurting.

BitsyNaceyDog
02-25-2005, 08:03 PM
My parents just went to Wal-Mart to get a cord that hooks our Laptop up to our TV so we can watch Eternal Sunshine. My friend REALLY likes it, so I hoping it will be good because she has good taste.

She also recommended Gardenstate, which I will be 'renting' (borrowing) from her next.

Both good movies

GraciesMommy
02-25-2005, 08:52 PM
The Notebook is THE movie to see..reading the book now...
I saw Hide and Seek and thought it was pretty good..
I hear Hitch is hilarious...and Million Dollar Baby is good.

Jayna78
02-25-2005, 09:06 PM
Hitch is the only one of those I have seen...I saw it with my mom last Saturday. It was really cute and funny. :) I recommend it - it's a feel-good movie, and I love the stuff with Kevin James & Will Smith. :)

I'd like to see Closer, Million Dollar Baby, and In Good Company among others. I also want to see The Aviator and Finding Neverland. I'm pretty sure they'll be on DVD before too long, though.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - excellent - saw it last spring when it came out in theaters - I highly recommend it. It's unlike any movie I've ever seen, and it has good performances all around. Not necessarily a feel-good movie, but it's a great movie with what I thought was a good ending.

tomkatzid
02-25-2005, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by shutterbug0303
Hitch - 2 thumbs and 8 fingers up! It was hilarious!

Because of Winn Dixie - very cute with a sweet meaning behind the movie...cute...biblically based in a sense :)

Racing Stripes - I needed tissues for this one...it was very sweet! I would definite recommend this one

Under the Tuscan Sun - beautiful scenery, romantic comedy...great for a rainy/snowy day

We rented something on valentines day...I can't remember the name...but I did NOT like it! Its a new release...hhmm...just not coming to me...:rolleyes:
I thought Racing Stripes look good. I'll get on my free library list for it too !!!!

Kfamr
02-25-2005, 09:59 PM
I just finished Eternal Sunshine.

I LOVED it. I guess i'm a little more into "different" movies - and movies that go all over the place because I thought it was amazing. GREAT movie.

sammy101
02-25-2005, 10:07 PM
my parents went to 'Million dollar Baby',and they said it was really good.Its a tear-jerker movie;)
That one with Vin Diesel looks stupid,and the one with the cheerleaders:rolleyes: lol.My moms friend went to go see 'Because of Winn Dixie',and said it was good:)

Uabassoon
02-25-2005, 10:08 PM

I LOVED it. I guess i'm a little more into "different" movies - and movies that go all over the place because I thought it was amazing. GREAT movie.

I knew you'd like it! I also think you are really going to like Garden State.

NoahsMommy
02-26-2005, 12:28 AM
Noahsmommy I have seen neither , yes it is before Sunrise that I am having trouble obtaining, I want to see both, so are you saying it is good or not?
Well, in my opinion, I wanted my three hours back. ;)

I hated the ending in the new one...and thought the first one was a tad boring. :o

Cookiebaker
02-26-2005, 07:48 AM

I watched a while back and I really liked it, too. I liked how the start of the movie was the end of the movie, and the end was the start, giving the effect that the movie never ends. (does that make any sense at all) :rolleyes: :D

carole
02-26-2005, 01:43 PM
My daughter and her two friends, really enjoyed Hide and Seek, they gave it a rating of 8/10.

Did anyone see the MOTORCYCLE DIARIES, not sure I want to see it, but it was filmed here in NZ.

Noahsmommy Thanks, I think I will not bother with either of them, I hate films that go nowhere and have stink endings, fustrates the heck out of me.:)

binka_nugget
02-26-2005, 01:53 PM
Did anyone see the MOTORCYCLE DIARIES, not sure I want to see it, but it was filmed here in NZ.

My writing teacher absolutely loved this movie. She saw it some time ago and still talks about it. My best friend saw it and enjoyed it as well. :)

Cookiebaker
02-26-2005, 07:29 PM
Well, we decided to see Hitch today, and OMG I loved it!! It's a great film, and some really hilarious scenes. :D I would def. recomend it!!!

Twisterdog
02-26-2005, 07:40 PM
I saw Lemony Snicket. I thought it was pretty cute.

My son is at Hitch right now.

Tomorrow we are either going to see Constantine (my choice) or Phantom of the Opera (the BF's choice.) We'll see who wins. ;)

carole
02-27-2005, 02:38 AM
Can someone tell me what Hitch is about and who are the main stars in it? thanks.:)

Vette
02-27-2005, 04:05 AM
I havent seen any of those either.

im dieing to see the new one with Vin Diesel in it though. :p

Cookiebaker
02-27-2005, 07:14 AM
Can someone tell me what Hitch is about and who are the main stars in it? thanks.:)

Will Smith is the main character along with Eva Mendes. Basically it is about a guy who makes his living by coaching other men to not be losers. He works with these other men who could not land a date without his help. But then when he himself falls in love, he turns into a big loser, too. Full of ups & downs and some very hilarious scenes!

You can see trailers and clips and info here (http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808589443)

It's a great, great movie!

carole
02-27-2005, 02:25 PM
Thanks, sounds like a fun movie well worth watching,it has not been released in NZ yet, but I will be looking for it coming here soon.:)

The critics don't seem overly impressed by it, but hey what do they know, if it is a romantic comedy , a chick flick, then it is for me.:)

carole
03-03-2005, 02:35 PM
I have just watched Bridget Jones " THE EDGE OF REASON" on video and loved it, I never saw the first one, but since I am besotted with Colin Firth, I will watch anything he is in, he sends shivers down my spine that man, in a nice way lol, and since I am also as equally besotted with Hugh Grant as well, this movie was right up my alley, but I really enjoyed it, the humour, the sad bits and the happy bits.

My son got me BEFORE SUNRISE, out so I will watch that today and see what I think.

Has anyone seen the Film CLOSER, and I HEART HUCKABEE'S?

or A VERY LONG ENGAGEMENT,,VERA DRAKE, SCHOOL OF SEDUCTION? reviews if you have please...;)

smokey the elder
03-03-2005, 03:04 PM
Hitch sounds like another telling of Cyrano de Bergerac..:)